AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-07-29, 20:25   Link #41
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
For those of you expecting a bitter prince, good news! New chapter's been scanlated and from our prince's point of view our guy took a bullet for him.
I'm extremely worried about the prince though now. He mentions that he respects Satou for throwing away all he had for his love. Then as Satou left he said he wished he had as much courage. It makes me think he is being threatened by something and unlike Satou doesn't have the courage to risk losing it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 20:33   Link #42
Shadow5YA

Two possibilities:

1) The rings sap his life, so he is literally giving up his life to fight.

2) The rest of the harem is crazy and they fight over him.

They're not mutually exclusive
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 20:49   Link #43
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm extremely worried about the prince though now. He mentions that he respects Satou for throwing away all he had for his love. Then as Satou left he said he wished he had as much courage. It makes me think he is being threatened by something and unlike Satou doesn't have the courage to risk losing it.
Maybe he's got a childhood friend he wants to marry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Two possibilities:

1) The rings sap his life, so he is literally giving up his life to fight.

2) The rest of the harem is crazy and they fight over him.

They're not mutually exclusive
Judging by our sneak peek at the elf princess, the latter's a definite possibility.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-29, 21:57   Link #44
teejmo

I'm actually shocked that they confessed to each other this early. Bravo author! No more friend-zone! Still, them not doing it due to the situation not being "innocent" enough was a little, in Hime's words, "creepy". The guy has been pretty obsessed with her.

Best part, though, was Grandpa. "... How disappointing. How could you have possibly done NOTHING after that passionate speech?! Such a bore."
MCs: "YOU WERE WATCHING?!?"
Gramps: "Oops, slip of the tongue."
Thank you, author, for giving us a trolling grandpa. Thank you!
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 23:38   Link #45
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i don't know if i should take this manga seriously or if its supposed to be more comedy than anything else.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 06:10   Link #46
Brin A'sair

I think it intends to be taken seriously (especially considering the author's prior work), but whether or not it will succeed in that - we'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, I am wondering if this work intends to examine the complexities of the relationship between the two main characters - who obviously are in love (or falling in love) with each other - as they navigate having to deal with being part of a required harem. On the one hand he has someone he loves, and he is now married to her, and their relationship is growing nicely. On the other hand, he is required to also marry four other girls that he does not know - let alone love - and this is sure to place a strain upon the relationship he has and wants with the girl he does love. If done well, this could be an interesting examination. Done poorly, and it could become a comedy or even a farce. I am hoping it will be done well.

An odd thought recently occurred to me. Though the last panel showed (presumably) the elven princess, could it be that she - at this point in time - believes the prince to be the Ring King? After all, it has barely been more than a day or two since the MC appeared and became the ring king instead of the prince. News might not have reached the elves as yet that an unknown person became the ring king instead of the prince. Thus it could be that her negative feelings are actually directed toward the prince, not the MC.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 01:35   Link #47
teejmo

So, there's been an update, and the hero has met his next bride... Only problem is she's a shut-in who's scared of people (the first time our hero meets her, she's hiding behind the throne). Also, she thinks making out is "filthy", though it was somewhat funny that MC shared quite liberally that he had made out with Hime. Hime, though, had thought that the elf princess was talking about ... something else, causing an awkward moment.

Also, super-cool prince who doesn't mind not becoming the Ring King with a harem has a history with the elves... so, all in all, a very predictable chapter.
Old 2014-11-05, 02:37   Link #48
teejmo

So, sorry for the double post, but considering the first was over two months ago... meh.
Anyways, finally a new update (which is nothing against the translators, since I know this skipped a month). MC is thrown in prison - by one of the biggest sis-cons I think I've ever seen (the type that doesn't see incest, but wants their sister to stay pure forever). Seriously, I can see why the girl is a shut-in; her brother keeps everyone away from her.

So what does the MC do to keep with his mission? Get the help of a dimension splitting sexy dark elf and kidnap the princess!
Old 2014-11-05, 02:50   Link #49
LordZero25
Random Lurker

So the princess is not really a shut-in but a "captive" or a prisoner of sort?

「歌は神秘」
LordZero25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 02:52   Link #50
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZero25 View Post
So the princess is not really a shut-in but a "captive" or a prisoner of sort?
I guess you could say her brother being beyond over-protective made her into one.
Old 2014-11-05, 03:01   Link #51
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
I guess you could say her brother being beyond over-protective made her into one.
Spoiler for chapter 6:
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 01:48   Link #52
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari

I very recently found this manga; the title translates to Wedding Ring Story.

Story *taken from mangahere): Satou has been in love with his childhood friend and neighbour, Hime, ever since she and her grandfather appeared out of nowhere 10 years ago. Now a dazzling, yet mysterious high-school beauty, she makes it more and more difficult for him to confess his feelings. As the anniversary of their first meeting is nearing, will he muster up his courage to transform their friendsip into something more? Or will an entirely different fate await this tightly bonded pair?

It's not a bad story, with some pros and cons.

The cons:
Spoiler for Spoilers!:

Pros:
This is by Maybe, the same mangaka of Tasogare Otome. Also, Hime is quite gorgeous... and I don't know whether this is a pro or con, but it borrows quite a few elements from other works.

I'll update this post later with a cover.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 02:11   Link #53
Ghiest Cid

The One Ring references incoming.

Anyway it is quite refreshing story.

That siscon is creepy.

Last edited by Ghiest Cid; 2015-01-04 at 05:04.
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 10:14   Link #54
darkofficer
just a devil

he has seen more of the elf princes than of hime. and that elf princes can be freaking cute
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-04, 10:27   Link #55
bearzerger

That elven elder has clearly lost the battle with gravity.
bearzerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-01, 00:30   Link #56
ellifeedn
Thinker

The newest chapter hurt on the inside a little bit.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 00:08   Link #57
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

So, basically the first boss getting offed at this stage, and showing that the sage actually had a cute waifu are pretty much the only "cool" plot twists that we have had so far.

The story is much plainer than Amnesia, but I'm still sort of enjoying this.
Old 2015-04-10, 00:13   Link #58
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Taking a bath with a well-aged brown elf and two Ring Princesses.
Satou you lucky bastard.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 00:35   Link #59
Shadow5YA

Didn't this chapter pretty much spell out that all the elven waifus lost, and that a harem end never happened despite the premise?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 01:14   Link #60
kazzuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Didn't this chapter pretty much spell out that all the elven waifus lost, and that a harem end never happened despite the premise?
It is more like something bad will happen to the Ring king at the final battle with the final boss.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
actually not an harem, fanservice, fantasy, harem, true harem