AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-06, 03:53   Link #21
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Two things stood out about this premiere: the animation, and Maki's design. No need for explanation when it comes to the animation. As for Maki's design, I find it really awesome that the author made a female fighter that is muscular (a bit) as most female anime fighters look like they've never once worked out in their life, Saber from Fate being a prime example. He made her super sexy too, he struck the perfect balance. I really think her design is that great.
Yeah we need more characters like Maki, she is perfectl.

Overally I like design of uniforms too. It seems sturdy and fireproof almost as if it was meant use in middle of fire not swimsuits and miniskirts as one would expect from firefighting anime.
Old 2019-07-06, 04:01   Link #22
ramlaen

This will be a good test of David to see how long they can keep this level of animation going.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 07:33   Link #23
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I have to admit, I kinda laughed when I saw the random nun in that team intro. I wasn't expecting a Crystal Dragon Jesus bend to the setting.

Now to be fair, the protagonist was characterised well enough and the concept of magical firefighters battling fire demons does resonate with my inner child, but my interest in that kind of thing only goes so far these days and the first episode was otherwise fairly bog standard stuff. Will give it a few more episodes.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 07:54   Link #24
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

David Productions work far outshadowed anything in the story itself. Sure, the fire animations were great, but that stained-glass window was extraordinary.

I hope that we've gotten past all the flashbacks; they became tiresome and repetitive after a while.

I always find the insertion of Catholic imagery in anime amusing. Tokyo has but three cathedrals, one Roman Catholic, one Orthodox, and one Anglican. Not many nuns either from a quick scan of the articles brought up by a Google search. There are about half a million Catholics in Japan, or about 0.5% of the population. Devout Catholics watching this show might be upset with making Iris such an ecchi figure.

I'll probably give this another episode or two, unless the constant repetition of shounen memes gets on my nerves. In particular I hate the shark-toothed meme.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 11:31   Link #25
grecefar

Well this was good, but the smile thing with the mc even with the background is too awkward, there was some funny parts but still far from SE humor.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 13:46   Link #26
Decel

Nice intro!

We're still missing two characters right, based on the OP? Blonde-boy and Neko? At first I thought the cat powers one was Maki...

That ED, tragic past for Iris.
Old 2019-07-06, 14:25   Link #27
Nivek von Beldo

Amazing chapter, now i see why is so beloved the manga and the anime trully do justice, a little conventional but very well done. Reminded me a lot of the old Sega Videogame Burning Rangers but more fantasy and supernatural that science fiction, and a little of sukedachi nine.

So the ED is real? if yes, poor Iris
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 15:08   Link #28
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I always find the insertion of Catholic imagery in anime amusing. Tokyo has but three cathedrals, one Roman Catholic, one Orthodox, and one Anglican. Not many nuns either from a quick scan of the articles brought up by a Google search. There are about half a million Catholics in Japan, or about 0.5% of the population. Devout Catholics watching this show might be upset with making Iris such an ecchi figure.
As a Christian I have unfortunately gotten used to weird twisted view of our religion. Though while the architecture is reminiscent of Christianity it clearly is not meant to be.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 15:25   Link #29
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
As a Christian I have unfortunately gotten used to weird twisted view of our religion. Though while the architecture is reminiscent of Christianity it clearly is not meant to be.
For them Nun are mikos..when that is not truth at all, for them the nun trope is the japanese equivalent of the yogi/eastern master in eastern clothes, their own cliche
Old 2019-07-06, 15:32   Link #30
Twi

The religion isn't meant to be Christian. They even mention they worship the great flame.
Old 2019-07-06, 16:28   Link #31
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
The religion isn't meant to be Christian. They even mention they worship the great flame.
Yes, I know, but the symbology is Christian. This takes place in "Tokyo," too, in Solar Year whatever. Doesn't look a whole lot different than modern-day Tokyo.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-06, 17:07   Link #32
bakato

48 episodes and split cour according to sakugablog.
Old 2019-07-06, 17:58   Link #33
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Link? and when the cour split?
Old 2019-07-06, 18:15   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I'm surprised. Is the manga that popular? I had seriously never heard of it before the anime was announced, even though the author is pretty famous from Soul Eater.
Old 2019-07-06, 19:00   Link #35
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Link? and when the cour split?
https://mobile.twitter.com/spytrue/s...771070464?s=21

Split’s for 3-6 months.

Quote:
I'm surprised. Is the manga that popular? I had seriously never heard of it before the anime was announced, even though the author is pretty famous from Soul Eater.
It was on my long to-read list which I never got to.
Old 2019-07-06, 20:04   Link #36
Twi

Quote:
It's got over 130 chapters and it's shounen insanity. It's popular just not loudly talked about.
Old 2019-07-06, 22:28   Link #37
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
For them Nun are mikos..when that is not truth at all, for them the nun trope is the japanese equivalent of the yogi/eastern master in eastern clothes, their own cliche
You do know that there are Buddhist nuns, right?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 11:25   Link #38
Liddo-kun
is this so?

amazingly animated first episode. However, not really in the mood for some battle shounen right now. Pass, but might pick it up later when I run out of things to watch.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 11:53   Link #39
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Iris route pliz~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-07, 16:15   Link #40
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
You do know that there are Buddhist nuns, right?
Yeah, but the Stained glass and her clothes are catholic as hell, and as say that is the trope, they thing both are exchangeable but they're not.

Tags
fanservice, fantasy, firefighting, shonen