AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-14, 12:34   Link #321
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, Shizuku is awesome, but that's the type you prefer to see rather than experience yourself...I don't know, I just feel really scared if my girlfriend manipulated me like that, and I prefer Mikoto anyway. Which one, you ask? Why not both? It's the same person anyway, no court in the world will fault me for bigamy. Well, perhaps I'm more into Kampfer mode Mikoto.

And about said characters in Seitokai, all we know about their characters are from snippets of spoilers, so I can't properly judge. Based on the 1st season though, Minatsu is my favorite girl and one I think suits Sugisaki the best. I really hope there's going to be a second season for this...

Anyway, back to this series. I agree that so far the girls' personality haven't been very interesting yet, but it's only been 2 episodes so there's still time. So far I still prefer Hattori though, it really seems that she can be really nice to Akuto if not for those misunderstandings. Fujiko haven't mellowed out yet, Korone has been entertaining but I don't see any romantic signs, and Keena looks like a stalker (and a nude one at that) who even kinda blackmails him for a favor. Truly, like Sugisaki Ken would've said, the road towards a harem end is long and arduous, but in the end it would surely be worth it...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 13:25   Link #322
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I would ask just who isn't a Shizuku fan, but the real question is, is she the first girl that comes to mind when we think about Fujiko?
Not even a letter of Kampfer came into my mind when Fujiko appeared on the screen...
Besides, Kampfer never existed.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 15:37   Link #323
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Korone really was the star of episode 2 for me. That girl was damn hilarious. Tough time in that washroom for those guys . Actually a pretty funny character with how she messes with Sai. That whole "first time be gentle" line really has doomed his chances in that school. Who cares about the demon lord prediction. The guys are just going to hate him because of the harem he's putting together .
Hurray for Korone ^^
I liked the bed scene too
S - "Are you teasing me?"
K - "A little"
S - "Are you having fun ?"
K - "A little"
S - "That's great ..."
K - "Yes"
S - "I don't get it"
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 15:52   Link #324
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Hurray for Korone ^^
I liked the bed scene too
S - "Are you teasing me?"
K - "A little"
S - "Are you having fun ?"
K - "A little"
S - "That's great ..."
K - "Yes"
S - "I don't get it"
Korone is a great character, as drawn and scripted. But she wouldn't be as great if she weren't voiced so well by Yuuki Aoi. Her timing and tonality in that quoted exchange is inventive, entertaining, individual.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 19:47   Link #325
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Oh, and I'm definitely a Minatsu fan. I mean, not only does she excels in sport but also in maths, and she's a tsundere with enough common sense not to go overboard with her violent tsun, and her dere moment with the wedding dress is just...Oops, sorry, getting stuck in off-topic fantasy land. Back to topic, can't wait for the next episode this Friday!
The wedding dress scene and 'round the end of the series when she mentions her childhood goal was the best of her moments Oh I mean I can't wait for this friday too. Everything has to happen on a Friday ~__~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Never really was a Shizuku fan... Kaede FTW! Yes, evil psycho bitch was so satisfying - really lives up to her namesake lol. Also helps that it seems she has been familiar with Natsuru for a long time already... long enough for Mikoto to know about her and Natsuru's crush on her IIRC (though admittedly, not as long as Mikoto, who of course comes second).

Never really was a Chizuru fan either; Minatsu was the one that interested me the most. Of course, once a certain namesake of a character in NGE comes along, or the 'apple', that would most likely change. Kinda like when Hinagiku got the boot when A-tan appeared in HnG...
You know, if Fujiko can pull off this two-faced appearance well into series end then we definitely can't compare her to Shizuku anymore but rather someone like the Kaede's

Quote:
So yeah, considering I'm more into how long the two has been friends, I'm not really picky about personalities to be honest; they're all fine to me as long as they're interesting. Which so far isn't the case here, as Shizuka's character ain't bitchy enough for her archetype, don't really get androids or their personalities, and all we've seen of Soga is just her running around naked lol.
Now I remember where I seen Soga-chan before...

This season's anime has it's own Sue Storm
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 06:43   Link #326
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Quote:
The wedding dress scene and 'round the end of the series when she mentions her childhood goal was the best of her moments Oh I mean I can't wait for this friday too. Everything has to happen on a Friday ~__~

You know, if Fujiko can pull off this two-faced appearance well into series end then we definitely can't compare her to Shizuku anymore but rather someone like the Kaede's

Now I remember where I seen Soga-chan before...

This season's anime has it's own Sue Storm
Yeah, with the previous few episodes focusing more on her sister, I have a hard time deciding between the two sisters, but that scene at the last episode removes all my doubts. This season really is TGIF, especially if most of the Thursday anime got subbed on Friday as well. Well, I watched and enjoyed the Sunday anime as well, so at least my Monday isn't so bad...

About Fujiko, I don't think she'll get away with her act for the rest of the season. I assume that when Akuto and Hattori meet next episode chaos and hilarity will undoubtedly ensue, but even when the misunderstanding is cleared I believe she can still talk her way out of accusation and won't be revealed just yet. I really doubt she can keep it up for the rest of the season though, especially with the ending showing how forward she is when showing her affection to Akuto..

Sue Storm (or more accurately, Susan Richards now) eh? Actually, the nature of their power is different, as Sue's power is more into developing invisible force fields that can reflects anything, even light (comics, remember?) to make not only herself but everything she wants to invisible. It does starts off similar to Keena though (only able to make self invisible), and the reason her clothing is able to turn invisible is because of 'unstable molecules', but this being comic books, it evolves depending on who is writing it at the time.
Old 2010-04-15, 07:12   Link #327
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Naah. We'll have exactly the Shizuku development, I'm sure. First, an antagonist for 3/4 of an arc, then Sai will do Something Awesome [tm], and Fujiko will be so impressed and smitten that she'll join his harem while at the same time retaining her two-faced standing to the public. But she'll be an asset to Sai from then on, not an enemy.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 07:13   Link #328
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Being a big Stargate fan SGU serious's out my fridays, with anime for the enjoyment factor mostly. And yeah, that ED sequemce totally screams Good Ending but hey, you never know. Fujiko might want a triangle with dead head fred and Sai Akuto

The Sue Storm/Richards joke was mainly about Soga-chans "running around naked bumping into people" (viewers of the F4 movies would know), since magic power != mutant/hybrid/alien, which I hope they give a good reason as to why Soga-chan went to the lengths of keeping her clothes stashed out of sight (apart from keeping clothes handy nearby since she was obviously running around naked from the start of the forest scene), what she was doing at the forest (since she had no way of knowing Sai was going to be there unless by other-wordly means ), and well, let's see how this "be my friend" thing works out.

I still want to know why she was afraid of the headmaster, I could probably say her attendance record + seemingly close ties to the Maou would make it so.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 08:02   Link #329
Nemesis

So far, i feel that the characters need to make themselves more.........outstanding.I keep forgetting who was who in this story.(checks wikipedia to refresh memory)

I only remember the main character and the stalker android 's names.And oh, the red haired girl who behaved weirdly.

I didn't think of Shizuku when i saw her.
I don't see too much similarities between Shizuku and Etou Fujiko,they just feel different somehow.
Well,i hope this investment isn't going to be a waste.But then,even Kampfer wasn't a total waste of time.I doubt I'm going to experience another thing like that again.
New story,time to welcome the new fun of the season.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 12:45   Link #330
Wrath88
Kissing...

I must be slow in realizing this, but is one of the reasons people are comparing this to Seitokai because the ED part of this series is very similar to Seitokai's OP?
Old 2010-04-15, 12:56   Link #331
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I must be slow in realizing this, but is one of the reasons people are comparing this to Seitokai because the ED part of this series is very similar to Seitokai's OP?
Well, not for me, I don't even realize if they're similar...I think most of the comparison came from the fact that they're both in the harem genre, and they share the same VA for the harem lead. Also, one of the girls Fujiko is compared to be similar with Chizuru from Seitokai, although she's much more similar to Shizuku in Kampfer.
Old 2010-04-15, 13:16   Link #332
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Hmm, probably cause this is an harem anime and the main chara seiyuu is the same of Seitokai xDD
Old 2010-04-15, 13:31   Link #333
Simonsy

man i am really liking this so far, especially that robot girl, she is hilarious how absent mindendly she calls him out for peeping on panties.

i was always a fan of the this super short manga, or at least only 7 chapters translated. it annoys me when there are a few good mangas i find that start and get like to 10 chapters and for some reason they never go further, while there are tons of other manga that are getting up to date translation that i find utter crap.

like this and sacred blacksmith i want manga translation damnit, lol. those only two i can think of at top head.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 13:33   Link #334
Wrath88
Kissing...

I see. I don't usually care about seiyuu's much. Sure, I hear some oft-repeated names like Kugimiya Rie, Hirano Aya, etc. but still don't care much.

Thinking of requesting sig, using the ED's last animation of Junko. Just need to think of something else to add to it first.
Old 2010-04-15, 15:36   Link #335
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think people are missing out if they don't take an interest in seiyuu. It adds another aspect of enjoyment, like knowing actors in films. But I can also remember when I myself had no clue about the different voices, and still enjoyed the anime just fine. So knowing seiyuu isn't necessary, by any means.

However, I do think that different seiyuu actually affect your enjoyment, even if you don't realize it or know whose voice is whose. Some seiyuu just make characters more interesting, sympathetic, or understandable by how they perform them. Like Yuuki Aoi with Korone here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-04-15, 15:52   Link #336
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Korone is a great character, as drawn and scripted. But she wouldn't be as great if she weren't voiced so well by Yuuki Aoi. Her timing and tonality in that quoted exchange is inventive, entertaining, individual.
Not really. I am pretty sure Ryou Hirohashi can pretty switch roles with Yuuki Aoi in this and both will still be as good, this DOES NOT mean that I am saying that she is a bad seiyuu in any way. I am also a Yuuki Aoi fan.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 17:13   Link #337
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

It seems Ryuumaru Fansubs will no longer be doing this series. We'll have to settle with SubDesu and their frequent translation mistakes for now.
Old 2010-04-15, 17:25   Link #338
tsunade666

I hate this..... but 120 $ per episode really is big.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 17:40   Link #339
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Not really. I am pretty sure Ryou Hirohashi can pretty switch roles with Yuuki Aoi in this and both will still be as good, this DOES NOT mean that I am saying that she is a bad seiyuu in any way. I am also a Yuuki Aoi fan.
Nor did I mean to say that some other seiyuu couldn't do a good job of the role. Just that Ao-chan is doing one. Hirohashi Ryou does a great job of just about everything she does. I thought she was outstanding last year as Ame in Denpateki na Kanojou.
Old 2010-04-15, 18:04   Link #340
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
It seems Ryuumaru Fansubs will no longer be doing this series. We'll have to settle with SubDesu and their frequent translation mistakes for now.
When someone stop to sub another one appear to sub it, so you need only to wait the next one, is always so

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen