AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-24, 04:43   Link #561
~Fancy Tea~

sigh, for some reason I cant really get into this show in fear that it may just become like every other harrem show out there or more like kampfer where it could have been good but the fanserivce spoils it and thus doesnt get very popular and just slips passed everyone's mind when its over.

Not that i'll stop watching it, I do like it~I'll see how it goes :3
~Fancy Tea~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 04:52   Link #562
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Why do peoples takes fanservice like some kind of disease? They aren't .. and they would be less irritating if you dont obsessed on hating them.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 05:23   Link #563
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

What the, I thought the amount of censoring in this series was enough to destroy the fanservice. Actually for once I'm not annoyed by the censors, rather when they do show up I just do my usual old man chuckle

Oh.... I see, this is about Fujiko-chan's unter-garments, ja? I can understand that
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 06:15   Link #564
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
This is overall more of a set-up episode for the new arc involving Fujiko's brother and the mystery of what he saw on the school ruins, so there's not much happening here. I'm guessing that after this arc, Fujiko would mellow out and be an official part of Akuto's harem, but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Some important things I noticed in this episode:
- Undeads can't lie, so perhaps the blond guy (which from the opening seems like a main villain) erases his memory? Also, undead magic exists, and Fujiko used it on his brother.

- Korone is able to do long range surveillance on Akuto, and can teleport to his location instantaneously as long as it's on school grounds. Feels like it'll be important.

- Is Keena really smarter than she looks, or is she just a lucky ditz? Is there any specific reason behind why she posted the maps all over town? Still, even she must realizes by now that Fujiko is a dark mage. Also, proof that most people doesn't know about her disappearing ability. And where is the dove?

- Akuto can't control his powers, and I'm happy to see that he learned from the past episodes and realizes that Fujiko is up to no good.

- Teruya Eiko is not originally a student, and somehow knows Fujiko secret and is not on her side. Her family name came up in Hattori's message, is it just clan rivalry (samurai vs ninja) or is she from an evil lineage (after all, Hattori's clan is supposed to be paladins of justice)?

- Lily seems to keep a secret, and is adamant that Akuto doesn't go deep into the ruins. Perhaps she knows the secret inside the ruins, and if so why keep it a secret?

- Hiroshi implied to be Akuto-sexual.

- And perhaps the greatest of them all, Hattori no longer wears her fundoshi! Coincidence, or signs of her growing dere dere feelings for Akuto?
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 06:21   Link #565
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Meh.. i want my Fundoshichan again soon
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-24, 07:06   Link #566
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
So episode 4 actually moved so fast, if it weren't for my constant breaking down of the previous 3 eps, I would have been lost lol. So let's get a few things straight:

--First things first, love that Magnum .357 type of gun Fujiko pulled out. Does anyone else besides me see the amusing thing about all this? The weaponized medicinal's? Is there a real gun in that world??!?
--It's perfectly clear, that Soga-chan's main purpose is to watch over the school and the world and pretty much over Sai as well. And who thought she was an airhead because of those exact same lines from episode 01? Shame on you!! Because, well, it's clear her invisibility is something not many people know, which I would say probably only Sai and Korone being the only 3rd parties that know. I hinted it, and I call the Dove to the witness stand
--Tell me I'm not alone, who noticed........ JUNKO-CHAN FINALLY DITCHED THE FUNDOSHI OH ME OH MY MAMA MIA UND MEINE GOTT SHE PUT ON SOME REAL UNDERWEAR NOW!!!!!
--Ahem, anyways, the rest of this episode was basically a additional look at continuing stories and main story progress. By the way I love Teruya Eiko, for once in my life I want to have a girl assault me that way and wrap her legs around me and me survive that. Seriously, it looks like it'll hurt in real life

That was such a dead end ending to an episode that I have seen in such a long time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
This is overall more of a set-up episode for the new arc involving Fujiko's brother and the mystery of what he saw on the school ruins, so there's not much happening here. I'm guessing that after this arc, Fujiko would mellow out and be an official part of Akuto's harem, but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Some important things I noticed in this episode:
- Undeads can't lie, so perhaps the blond guy (which from the opening seems like a main villain) erases his memory? Also, undead magic exists, and Fujiko used it on his brother.
Wasn't it that Etou erased his own memory? Some sort of "now no one will know the truth [as to what I just did]" kind of thing.

Quote:
- Is Keena really smarter than she looks, or is she just a lucky ditz? Is there any specific reason behind why she posted the maps all over town? Still, even she must realizes by now that Fujiko is a dark mage. Also, proof that most people doesn't know about her disappearing ability. And where is the dove?
It's obvious from episode 02 she knew about Fujiko from the start. It's even more so apparent that what she is doing in episode 04 is clearly to reveal secrets. See my above post.

Quote:
- And perhaps the greatest of them all, Hattori no longer wears her fundoshi! Coincidence, or signs of her growing dere dere feelings for Akuto?
Congratulations, you are the second person to make note of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Meh.. i want my Fundoshichan again soon
Whahaha I'm loving this version of Junko-chan. If you want a Fundoshi-chan.... Needless Needs you even more or Less

Ok, seriously. I said it before, and I'll say it again, everyone needs to watch each episode TWICE in order to not miss things. Or maybe it's my job to help everyone remember, I understand not everyone is undead like me

So I'll make something clear here. I know why Junko-chan was in her sportswear in the second half. Does anyone know why? Oh wait, I already gave a hint. Bah, I'll out with it already.

Still reading?

Ok, time for the million dollar answer. The reason is clear in my above hint, Sai Akuto literally burned off 3 episode's worth of her fundoshi-strap combo, she just plain ran out of clothes! So that's why she's dressed like that

/me runs
Old 2010-04-24, 07:26   Link #567
kitten320

Somehow I really can't force myself to like Soga... she is just too dumb...

Wonder who is this new girl, she has some good moves.
Would be nice to see Etou VS Eiko.

And poor Sai, he sure is unlucky...
Old 2010-04-24, 07:31   Link #568
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

He is one lucky bastard and you said him unlucky?

How many of us got leg scissor wrapped like that by some random unknown beauty? NO ONE!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-24, 07:41   Link #569
kitten320

That still doesn't stop him from bullying and hating... though atleast he does have some friends so I guess it isn't that bad...

Well I definetly never will be leg scissored like that what is good, I definetly don't need that
Old 2010-04-24, 07:43   Link #570
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Wasn't it that Etou erased his own memory? Some sort of "now no one will know the truth [as to what I just did]" kind of thing.
Yeah, I must've missed that the first time I watched it. Who'd have think that you really need to pay attention to a seemingly typical harem show? In that case, why would he do that, I wonder? It seems that even if he did anything illegal, he only do that because he was tricked by the blond guy. In that case, why erase the memory needed to report the blond guy? Is it just to avoid guilt and blame, or is he forced due to another reason?

Quote:
It's obvious from episode 02 she knew about Fujiko from the start. It's even more so apparent that what she is doing in episode 04 is clearly to reveal secrets. See my above post.
Yeah, I saw that. It's just further undeniable proof that she knew about Fujiko's secret. Still, I wonder what her true motivation is?

Quote:
Ok, time for the million dollar answer. The reason is clear in my above hint, Sai Akuto literally burned off 3 episode's worth of her fundoshi-strap combo, she just plain ran out of clothes! So that's why she's dressed like that

/me runs
Quite a reasonable explanation there. Perhaps on the way to the Teruya clan she would pay a visit home to re-stock?
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 08:56   Link #571
mangatron

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that. It's just further undeniable proof that she knew about Fujiko's secret. Still, I wonder what her true motivation is?
It's actually something I mentioned twice before, but I guess I'll explain it in more detail.

We know that Soga Keina, from what we've seen and heard so far, is watching over the school, reason being tied to a number or combination of things: either she was sent there, or she is the girl in Sai's past and that whatever happened in their friendship from then she is watching over Sai to protect him, or both of those together. It's also clear that he's important to her, so yeah, go fish.

Quote:
Yeah, I must've missed that the first time I watched it. Who'd have think that you really need to pay attention to a seemingly typical harem show? In that case, why would he do that, I wonder? It seems that even if he did anything illegal, he only do that because he was tricked by the blond guy. In that case, why erase the memory needed to report the blond guy? Is it just to avoid guilt and blame, or is he forced due to another reason?
Ok, I wanted to cover this last, because it's tied to my Soga Keina theories. I'll try to predict the story so far, so let's hope my psychic powers are working.

Let's start at the beginning of the Etou story. We see the Etou brother has done something he's not too happy about, and he's going about covering his ass. First, he records a riddle onto Fujiko's favorite spy recorder, then he proceeds to hide everything tied to his last job. Once these things were hidden, he proceeds to erase his memories, much to the dismay of the blond guy. Due to the location, it's safe to assume the blond guy is a part of The Underground.

Into more detail, so I'll speculate and theorize and pull stuff out of my magic hat:

-I can guess one of the 3 "keys", or triggers, is probably Sai Akuto, due to him being hidden away which coincides with a similar or later time frame as the time of Etou brother's death, with the FedEx woman hoping "they" won't find him.
+What can semi-verify that is that Lily doesn't seem to pleased with Sai going to the locations marked on the map that [Etou] made, and add to the fact that Eiko literally used the moment to [send] him to those places. That and maybe Sai finding out what is there might not be a good thing at all, since Lily expects him to "be in and out".

-Soga Keina was probably sent to watch the school and uncover anything hidden that might be damaging to the government.
+What can support that theory is of course, her actions so far, as well as her apparent fear of the headmaster, and that it would seem in episode 04, she was quite literally trying to get everyone to see for their own eyes just what is hidden in the map locations.

-We know that Korone was sent by a government level organization. This was most likely to make sure he doesn't do anything questionable, so as to avoid him being expelled therefore ruining whatever plan they may have.
+Korone is under orders to Observe and Report. This means that she is required to be present by Sai's side at all times. This means that whatever he does, they know. I can guess that whatever it is that they want to know, might have to do with whatever Etou got tangled with, after all, it was only after it became known he was destined to be the Maou did they [take action].

Yeah, this ain't the usual harem. In fact, so far, I wouldn't even call it a harem. Up to this point anyways, Fujiko harbors no feelings for Sai other than to use him for her own ulterior motives, Korone is an android, so it would basically boil down to a love triangle. That is, of course, so far. By series end they all may be after him, so yeah... but as of this moment, it's all story lol.
Old 2010-04-24, 09:00   Link #572
AlaAlba

Quote:
In that case, why would he do that, I wonder? It seems that even if he did anything illegal, he only do that because he was tricked by the blond guy. In that case, why erase the memory needed to report the blond guy? Is it just to avoid guilt and blame, or is he forced due to another reason?
Before they entered the dungeon Korone scanned the map and found the words "For Yamato Bouichirou". The blond guy I suppose.
So my guess is the blond guy sent Fujiko's bro to find something with a mission, but after he actually found the thing he think it's no good.
So he understands it's no good(?, for everyone? or for his family maybe?), and he also knows bouichirou will kill him and if he'd died he'd turned into speaking zombie and cant lie. So he erased his own memories...

So the map is "for Bouichirou"? Lol, that's make no sense since the bro knows that Bouichirou used him for something evil. it'd be different if it were "For my dear sister"
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 09:10   Link #573
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Why do peoples takes fanservice like some kind of disease? They aren't .. and they would be less irritating if you dont obsessed on hating them.
Considering what genre Daimaou is (and what label it's under), the fanservice isn't a bug. It's a feature.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 09:25   Link #574
Audit01

I hope we see more action and less Harem\semi-nude scenes in the next episodes

^^------------------------- Macross Frontier !!!! -------------------------^^
Audit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 09:40   Link #575
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I'm fine with fanservice as long as it doesn't drive the plot, like I've seen in other crappy harem shows..
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 09:43   Link #576
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
I'm fine with fanservice as long as it doesn't drive the plot, like I've seen in other crappy harem shows..
WHen has fanservice driven the plot?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 09:45   Link #577
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I think he means shows where the plot is only a device to provide fanservice.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 09:58   Link #578
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
May I point you over to KissXSis, where the entire plot IS the two sisters doing fanservice things to the protagonist? XD

But to be fair, those kind of shows where the plot is only an excuse for fanservice are pretty uncommon. Mainly because most harem shows are based on a light novel/manga source, and with the former you can't really show fanservice, while the latter has series run by its popularity (else it gets cut from its run), so story is a bit more substantial than just having it being an excuse for fanservice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Fujiko harbors no feelings for Sai other than to use him for her own ulterior motives
As much as I ship for Soga and all, I simply can't take the masturbation scene in any other way other than Fujiko actually liking Akuto that way. But unlike most other harem girls, she wants to be the one on 'top'...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 10:07   Link #579
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Lust might be a more appropriate term for what Fujiko might be feeling at the moment, even if it's clearly driven more by the desire to use the Demon Lord as her stepping stone.

'That' way isn't always a one-way road after all, especially when we're talking harems and their ambiguous middle ground.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 10:21   Link #580
AlaAlba

korone freebies from episode 3, scene before cm
Spoiler for korone:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen