Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-11-26, 06:22   Link #201
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balofo
Only new info from 1/100 Barbatos: there are 26 Gundams currently confirmed to exist including Barbatos.

But the page was not fully scanned by 1999, there's also a paragraph on Ahab Reactor. Now we wait for the rest.

I will do the Hyakuren full manual soon
That's actually quite a lot.
Old 2015-11-26, 08:00   Link #202
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
That's actually quite a lot.
Indeed it's still quite a lot even though it's roughly only little more than 1/3 of the total numbers. I wonder what Sunrise is planning with them. I don't think all 26 of them will actually appear in the show. If they do, that'll be such a waste coz the screentime for most of them will be minuscule (and I don't think the mecha-designers are ready for that crazy scenario). So, off to manga spin-off?
Old 2015-11-27, 02:20   Link #203
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Indeed it's still quite a lot even though it's roughly only little more than 1/3 of the total numbers. I wonder what Sunrise is planning with them. I don't think all 26 of them will actually appear in the show. If they do, that'll be such a waste coz the screentime for most of them will be minuscule (and I don't think the mecha-designers are ready for that crazy scenario). So, off to manga spin-off?
Or sequels and prequels

Or depending on the state they are in some could be remade/cannibalized into new machines/prototypes
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 05:07   Link #204
Chibiloli

Anybody here have any idea why the Graze mounts the jump jets in different places? Mine came with two for the back and two for the bum.
Old 2015-11-27, 05:14   Link #205
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
Anybody here have any idea why the Graze mounts the jump jets in different places? Mine came with two for the back and two for the bum.
back = space

bum = atmosphere
Old 2015-11-27, 05:16   Link #206
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
back = space

bum = atmosphere
How does that work? I mean why the bum for atmosphere?
Old 2015-11-27, 05:25   Link #207
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
How does that work? I mean why the bum for atmosphere?
Don't ask me. Ask the writer of the show or the mecha designer. That's just how it is in the show.
Old 2015-11-27, 07:25   Link #208
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Balance, maybe? Putting thrusters on the upper torso of a humanoid in space means you get better balanced propulsion. In gravity however, putting thrusters ont he back might make an MS top-heavy so putting them on the bum/lower torso would be better (lower centre of gravity and easier to mount).
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 09:36   Link #209
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

funny that you mentioned about the Graze's booster jet placements, i attempted to use both sets at the same time to think that it might pull "Char's three times faster gimmick" but at the cost of not being able to move its waist as both booster sets clipped with each other in the process..........
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 10:52   Link #210
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
More thrusters at different places usually mean better AMBAC.
Old 2015-11-29, 19:55   Link #211
Skye629

Yay next episode

Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-29, 20:48   Link #212
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Inb4 mock battle next episode.
Old 2015-11-30, 04:15   Link #213
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

considering there's a Man Rodi, does this mean there's also the Gundam Gusion? unless the two suits aren't related to each other despite the suspiciously almost similar armor designs that both the Man Rodi & Gusion used, or the Man Rodi being some sort of based on the Gundam Gusion much like the mass produced GM's based of the RX-78-2.
Old 2015-11-30, 07:25   Link #214
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Dude spoiler tags. Not for spoilers but for the size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
considering there's a Man Rodi, does this mean there's also the Gundam Gusion? unless the two suits aren't related to each other despite the suspiciously almost similar armor designs that both the Man Rodi & Gusion used, or the Man Rodi being some sort of based on the Gundam Gusion much like the mass produced GM's based of the RX-78-2.
I reckon they're in the same faction with some genealogical relationship, it's too similar to be a coincidence. That doesn't necessarily mean they would both appear in the next episode though.
Old 2015-11-30, 08:08   Link #215
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I reckon they're in the same faction with some genealogical relationship, it's too similar to be a coincidence. That doesn't necessarily mean they would both appear in the next episode though.
Yeah, maybe we only get a small skirmish next episode and the real battle later.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 04:54   Link #216
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

For what it's worth, the Gusion and Man Rhodi kits are coming out soon and usually these things corresponds to their appearance in the anime. So my bet is we'll see the Gusion fairly soon.

In any case, balofo's translated the Hyakuren manual:

Quote:
Originally Posted by balofo
Hyakuren manual:

-Model number: STH-05. Overall height: 18.2m, dry weight:35.5t

-Hyakuren: Hyakuren is a mainline general purpose type MS that is being operated by Teiwaz and its lower branches. It was the prototype for a high output machine that had been planned to be developed in the late stage of the Calamity War, the blueprints from those days were acquired by Teiwaz's engineers which took a long time to finally manage to complete the frame. Since it re-uses an ancient Ahab Reactor for power it's not possible to say that it is a complete Teiwaz made MS, it's a valuable machine since it was the first time in recent years when someone besides Gjallarhorn succeeded in developing a frame. Mass-production lines still haven't been arranged, the difficulty of the frame development can be perceived. Currently, only 44 machines are operating; main operation in the asteroid and debris belt is assumed so heavy armored equipment is standard. By deliberately raising the machine's weight, resistance to collision energy is enhanced. In MS warfare it makes use of that trait, it shows its forte particularly in close combat; it chases after enemies in formation with Hyakuri and its superior mobility. Armaments are also well designed for distance balance, it's known as a machine that has great versatility since it's not influenced by any environment too. Since it's also recognized as the MS that symbolizes Teiwaz in the Outer Sphere, its very appearance has become a deterrence.

-Azee Gurumin: She is a cool woman that stays composed when performing military operations.

-Environmental activity: all-round operation has become the design idea, it's an excellent machine that can show its ability even in the harsh space environment such as the debris belt and the like. In Teiwaz the machines also have information sharing among them so at any time a version up in the system level and so forth can be underway.

-Platoon formation: during combat a 2 Hyakurens formation is the standard in contrast with a 3 machine formation that is often taken for reconnaissance and patrolling missions where a single Hyakuri excels in.

-Single edge type Blade: close combat blade manufactured for the Hyakuren's use. It's able to be stored in a scabbard on the rear waist, the scabbard can be mounted on the Hyakuri's backpack.

-Rifle Cannon: lightweight rifle manufactured by one of Teiwaz's lower branches, Euro Electronics, engaged in heavy industries. It's has a sliding type stock mechanism in the rear.

-Knuckle Guard: close combat armament stored on the machine's waist armor. It has an electric discharge mechanism, at the moment of impact the attack target suffers an electric shock.

Welp, these IBO manuals are a pain to translate, I wonder who writes this mess. HGUC manuals are so much clear in comparison.

Anyway someone posted specs for the Teiwaz MS weapons in jp wiki, it must be from this month's HJ(no source given) and therefore legit:

A)Hyakuren:
JEE-201 100mm Rifle Cannon
JEE-202 Single edge type Blade
JEE-203 Knuckle Guard

B)Hyakuri:
JEE-101 110mm Rifle
JEE-102 Revolving chamber-style Grenade Launcher
JEE-103 4-tube Rocket Launcher

Amida's Hykuren Assault Rifle should have the JEE-204 model number.

*1/100 Barbatos translation as soon as I get the scans

The Thursday after this one is going to be nuts with Amida's Hyakuren, Gusion, Manrodi and Cutan 3 Type Booster being released. We might get early info like last time
Old 2015-12-02, 03:14   Link #217
Chibiloli

Hows the Barbatos' cannon? Is it useful enough in a fight? Like its not just a long range weapon is it? I can't remember as I had to delete my IBO episodes to make room for twintails.
Old 2015-12-02, 04:51   Link #218
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, at close enough range, it was able to punch a hole through a Graze's cockpit.
Old 2015-12-02, 05:04   Link #219
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i find this series' tactics of units firing their guns at point blank to deal an instant killing blow due to the durability of the Nano Laminated armor on the verge of gunkata but with rifles & shot guns.
Old 2015-12-02, 05:56   Link #220
Chibiloli

I thought that with such a long barrel on it, it would be difficult to use it for close quarters combat, so where did it come from again?