AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-02, 20:09   Link #541
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i honestly think no one would watch this without the fanservice.. the action scenes might be good, but who seriously would watch this if it weren't for the fanservice...

so ATX i'm assuming is the dvd release (or some equivalent where they can show nips)? correct me if i'm wrong please.

mm, WTB subs for this...
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 20:16   Link #542
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
What's ATX? What's broadcast version?
So this nipple version ain't gonna be on TV?

It'd be nice if every anime involving female had a nipple version and a full clothing version xD
ATX shows are also broadcasted in some broadcast and cable channels in Japan. Of course they censor things in the broadcast. ATX is a sattelite service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i honestly think no one would watch this without the fanservice.. the action scenes might be good, but who seriously would watch this if it weren't for the fanservice...

so ATX i'm assuming is the dvd release (or some equivalent where they can show nips)? correct me if i'm wrong please.

mm, WTB subs for this...
people that don't have access to ATX. ATX is a sattelite service only, much like HBO, showtime and Cinemax are cable services. You pay extra to have ATX in your service and ATX provides original programs to thei subscribers.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 20:28   Link #543
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
*raise hand*

Me.

I really think it's just me. Everyone is going faptastic over this whereas for me, I didn't went hyper over all the fanservice. I even cringed during the "boob --> acid attack".
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 20:36   Link #544
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
*raise hand*

Me.

I really think it's just me. Everyone is going faptastic over this whereas for me, I didn't went hyper over all the fanservice. I even cringed during the "boob --> acid attack".
You are not alone. I would probably have watched this for the lack of Y chromosomes in a fighting anime, the same reason I got into Koihime Musou. Though Rie Kugimiya going 'mai boobs asplode' had me laughing my ass off until the end of the ep, rather than cringing.

I hated episodes 11 and 12 of Koihime because that man intruded on my wish-fulfillment.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 20:38   Link #545
Midonin
Last Engage

Now's probably not a good time for me to mention that Melona plays to my fetishes.

The fights, the character designs (most of them) and the voice cast are the main reasons I'm watching this. The fanservice is just a really nice bonus. The way people are reacting in here, it's reminding me of when Kanokon was airing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 20:41   Link #546
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The way people are reacting in here, it's reminding me of when Kanokon was airing.
Boy am I glad I wasn't here yet when that series was fresh.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 20:46   Link #547
jsrv

My only notable reaction to the show was with Reina's voice (Saber!!). I'm not really phased with any of the fan-service elements, really what I expected out of it.

They already showed Aludra when Melona was explaining Queen's Blade to Reina. I liked the bgm that plays in the end, the art looked nice too.

The anime is also going differently compared to the Hide & Seek manga

~11 episodes to go.
jsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 20:48   Link #548
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Oooh, nice gifs, I bet it's pretty hard making safe gifs

I have a feeling they're gonna censor similar to Rosario. Except instead of bats, we will have milk cartons or better yet, just turn the whole screen white in special moments.
--
The truth about the QB bashing, is that all those who needlessly bash on this show are in denial. They are only bashing it because it's what everyone else does, you know, you gotta look good in public. However, the rest of us here are enlightened, are beyond denial, and do not seek such foolishness. We are the real men of society.
--

Damn this topic is going fast
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 20:52   Link #549
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I thought Kanokon was shit. This however has more variety in types. ^_^
Old 2009-04-02, 20:55   Link #550
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Here we go.. Koihime Musou!

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 21:30   Link #551
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
*hopes for tape*
Seeing a "Keep out" tape on screen for about 20 minutes in one ep isn't good idea, I think .
Old 2009-04-02, 21:34   Link #552
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Either way no matter what the critics says, it was ecchi from the book when it started, so pretty much we'll have an ecchi series on our hands and I got no complaints here. Also as for the fight scenesm if Iam not looking at the ecchi part, it reminds me of Roman battles where gladiators get naked and pee from either getting to afraid, nervous or to exhausted. The Game "Shadow of Rome" PS2 has those engines so pretty much in realism on my hand on the humans in QB.

Also I LoLed at this. Camera eyes?

Quote:
Spoiler for LOL:

EDIT:

Also I like how the anime goes, censoring it on further episodes might ruin the sales. *cough* gonzo...errmm.
Old 2009-04-02, 21:43   Link #553
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrascal View Post
like one saying that it is nothing but "jerking material for horny 10 year olds." Yeesh, I thought that insult was over and done with.
?
I find it hard to say it isn't, considering the whole anime's point is just to show the viewers skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
The truth about the QB bashing, is that all those who needlessly bash on this show are in denial. They are only bashing it because it's what everyone else does, you know, you gotta look good in public. However, the rest of us here are enlightened, are beyond denial, and do not seek such foolishness. We are the real men of society.
Un, un, you can continue to think that way if you like. *tears in eyes and nodding*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
I thought Kanokon was shit. This however has more variety in types. ^_^
Everything done in this was way better than what that garbage of an existence has to offer. Well, if you want one example, it is that the females in this anime actually seem to have a brain instead of trying to rape the male lead or just acting like... *insert words I don't like saying*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 21:55   Link #554
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
?

Everything done in this was way better than what that garbage of an existence has to offer. Well, if you want one example, it is that the females in this anime actually seem to have a brain instead of trying to rape the male lead or just acting like... *insert words I don't like saying*
ROTFL!!!!

Yes that is so true. Girls/Women here are not as dumb and perverted for the male lead character. This is something new.

Hmm...Variable Geo OVA in an ecchier level?(Not VGN that's H) AHHH To Hell! Make QB H!!!
Old 2009-04-02, 22:00   Link #555
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
ROTFL!!!!

Yes that is so true. Girls/Women here are not as dumb and perverted for the male lead character. This is something new.
Hmm~, I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not... Now then, what are you trying to say if it is sarcasm? Is what I shall say to myself as I attempt to understand your intentions.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-04-02, 22:07   Link #556
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

This is just so hilariously bad to the point where I can't even bring myself to hate it. Boy, oh, boy.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 22:10   Link #557
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Hmm~, I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not... Now then, what are you trying to say if it is sarcasm? Is what I shall say to myself as I attempt to understand your intentions.
No it's not sarcasm. I mean nearly all animes of of that genre, the girls are all over the male lead.

Queens Blade is different...reminds me of tales of olden times with ecchi.
Old 2009-04-02, 22:11   Link #558
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
It's a little sarcastic but it's also kind of true. There is no male protagonist for the females to inexplicably fawn over.

-edit- Whops.

Aye, it's a throwback to 'old school' XD
Old 2009-04-02, 22:13   Link #559
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
No it's not sarcasm. I mean nearly all animes of of that genre, the girls are all over the male lead.

Queens Blade is different...reminds me of tales of olden times with ecchi.
It is true that the girls are over the male lead in those types of anime, but I don't think I've seen any to the point of Kanokon's level, right? I mean, the whole anime seriously had them doing nothing except trying to have sex or some time of creepy play. Anyways, that the characters gave of the feeling that they don't have any attractive points except "Oh my god, you get to see me naked". There was that one scene where they proved it too (at least, that Chizuru did)...
Then again, that would have been more forgivable if it wasn't so different from the novel. Completely ruined my impressions of the series, so I can't get myself to even read the novel anymore.

Old 2009-04-02, 22:19   Link #560
strategos

This anime won't be listed on Animesuki right? If my mind serves me right, it the media blaster C&D no?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blade, comedy, ecchi, queen, second season, yuri