AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 03:06   Link #141
TrueKnight

Watched ep 1. Horribly generic shounen. Angst lead, sidekick cute loli, a fugly talking bag/totem, maid technicians and soldiers, bishounen buttler with mechs, evil medusa statue pulverizing the environment and etc.

But don't know why, loved every bit of it. Lots and lots of explosions and buildings being destroyed, super hero moments albeit cliche, especially the loli girl providing salvation to the lead's inner demon, and beating the crap out of the giant statue with style. This is probably my guilty pleasure of the season. Will definitely keep an eye on this lol.

Now all they have to do is make the lead's rival appear and have them trade blows and punches with each other, the shonen pleasure is complete.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 03:36   Link #142
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
reminds me of Star Driver's OP for some reason.....
Except, I think Star Driver's OP had a lot more energy.

and my impression is pretty much same as the general consensus. Plus, Ruri is such a cutie pie~<3
Old 2011-07-03, 09:44   Link #143
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post

Meet Alma, Lelouch & Suzaku's Lovechild.

And since when this thing turned into Code Geass? I mean look at his left eye!
More like Strider Hiryu & Mega Man suddenly had a female change after this

Now bad for a first episode indeed another guilty please for this summer
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 21:51   Link #144
velocity7

I thought the outfit gave Rockman Zero vibes, while the base form gave Kamen Rider Faiz vibes (e.g., Orphenochs). That said, looks like a show I'll follow this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Loved ep1 for all the wrong reasons. It basically took all the most cliche formulas of shonen anime and toku in general, and played it straight like an arrow it's lost in between parody and seriousness. And that's not a bad thing... thus far.

Basically every single part of the episode just made me chuckle.
It didn't help that Alma has a unique Kamen Rider pose (the thumbs up) to go with it all, but the battle was especially entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Watched ep 1. Horribly generic shounen. Angst lead, sidekick cute loli, a fugly talking bag/totem, maid technicians and soldiers, bishounen buttler with mechs, evil medusa statue pulverizing the environment and etc.

But don't know why, loved every bit of it. Lots and lots of explosions and buildings being destroyed, super hero moments albeit cliche, especially the loli girl providing salvation to the lead's inner demon, and beating the crap out of the giant statue with style. This is probably my guilty pleasure of the season. Will definitely keep an eye on this lol.

Now all they have to do is make the lead's rival appear and have them trade blows and punches with each other, the shonen pleasure is complete.
ROFL
Old 2011-07-03, 22:56   Link #145
Unknown Soldier
:D

I have no idea what I just watched. But I think I'll keep watching this one. :3

Hai Ducky!

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 2011-07-04 at 00:57.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 23:41   Link #146
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Strange show, it was so entirely random, so quick paced, I didn't even know what to think. There was barely any time to break in the characters and really get a feel for them. I just couldn't really care about what was going on at all.

Disappointing start, but hopefully it gets better...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 23:51   Link #147
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

This title is reminding me a little of Demonbane. Another rich Ruri with servants in technical positions fighting monsters and substitute Tandoji for Daijūji.

I liked the first episode.
Old 2011-07-04, 00:46   Link #148
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Strange show, it was so entirely random, so quick paced, I didn't even know what to think. There was barely any time to break in the characters and really get a feel for them. I just couldn't really care about what was going on at all.

im gonna have to just quote this and say this pretty much sums up every single thought that came across my mind watching this

granted episode one of 12 series they wanted to jam pack it to hopefully entertain and pick up more viewers, but this is just absolutely ODD

i really dont know what to say, even the very first scene seemed very out of place for me

Spoiler for 1st scene b4 OP:

whole thing was beyond rushed, im not sure which would apply better - the puzzle had been prematurely complete, or had started without pieces

either way something just felt completely wrong, hopefully this void im feeling is dissipated in the next two episodes

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 00:51   Link #149
HandofFate

pretty damn impressed with the first episode.

I don't watch or read a lot of shonen, so if there's a bunch of cliches everyone is tired of, its all pretty badass for me.

and love the superhero transformation, it reminds me of Ultraman or something lol.

I laughed when the girl that invited him to the museum got injured. I would have lost it if she actually died, and was just a throw-away character.

Felt like this season was lacking in an action show, maybe this will do it for me.

lol @ the butler and girl just buying the school.
Old 2011-07-04, 00:55   Link #150
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
granted episode one of 12 series they wanted to jam pack it to hopefully entertain and pick up more viewers, but this is just absolutely ODD
I'm sure you meant ADD here.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 01:17   Link #151
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well that was a pretty fun first episode. I don't think it has breakneck fast pacing such that it's impossible to tell what's going on like others so much as I feel that it wastes no time in introducing it's premise and characters.

The main character in particular I find myself interested in right off the bat. They could have easily played him as a typical loner anti-social character, but in giving him a reason to be so withdrawn in that he basically went berserk when he first activated his powers such that everybody fears him (despite his being an all around good guy as we see throughout the episode) they end up making him a pretty sympathetic character. His power is also pretty interesting, being a sort of Megaman deal in that the "Sacred Seven" appears to be seven different powers he can activate from his overall frame. BTW really love the real costume design he's got going on. Gives serious Gai armor vibes and he even gets vaguely Gaogaigarish music when it's first shown.

Aiba Ruri is going to mess with loli fans really bad. She's got the small build and Megumi Nakajima voice acting and yet as we see in one shot she actually has a decent sized bust. Wonder if that design choice was on purpose.

I kind of liked what little we saw of Arma's friend from school too. Her dialogue was pretty amusing and of course she was the only person that didn't immediately shun Arma, realizing that he was a good dude and that she shouldn't judge people by their exterior or by whatever rumours are surrounding them. Guy has a good girl waiting in the wings for him.

Kagami was pretty neat too in his limited screen time. Basically a butler with limited fighting skill as well as some piloting ability. The very short part of him piloting his mecha and it doing a little Dom style roller blading before firing it's missile launcher got a bit of a cheer out of me, not going to lie.

I even came to grudgingly (and I mean it) accept the presence of combat maids in this show, though that remains contingent on them continuing to be bad ass and somewhat effective. Would not shed a tear though if they are limited to a small role.

I wonder if all the dark stone monsters will be based on creatures from mythology. My gut tells me probably. Anyway that was easily the best first episode of the season for me, although given the competition so far the episode could have had half the intensity and still easily capture that distinction. I can see it holding up pretty well though as the season goes on.

I don't know, it's not the greatest first episode, not by a long shot actually, but I've been really starved for some new action/mecha/sci-fi/fantasy fare lately and this was actually the kind of show I've been waiting for really. Easy follow for me.

Edit: Oh right I forgot to talk about the opening. I thought that that whole rainbow multicolor thing that the opening has going on was just the result of a low quality rip, but to actually see that it's like that....I get what they were going for (seven colors of the rainbow), but honestly it just makes it look awful IMO. You know how when you get a busted CRT screen and the resulting color bleeding effect that runs across the screen gradually growing in intensity. That's the first thing that comes to mind when looking at the opening.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-07-04 at 01:36.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 01:36   Link #152
EroKing

If that's skin on that whoever looks like the final boss, it's most likely a female.
Old 2011-07-04, 01:42   Link #153
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

Maybe that's the point of the show afterall, I have no problem with it as long its staying consistent on playing "so random" card n and not try pulling "this is serious businezz" stunt that destroy everything.

Btw the 1st eps is such a sakuga paradise, me like it.
Old 2011-07-04, 02:40   Link #154
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
What did I just watch? It appeared to me as if I started from second episode, like I'm missing a few things. This show kicked the image of Damonbane way too much during the episode. I have to admit that I rolled my eyes quite a few times but I would be damned if I didn't enjoyed it when I finished it. The action was superb!
Old 2011-07-04, 02:47   Link #155
Kagura89

Enjoyable first episode but stuff happen in this episode is pretty typical for shounen+toku action show. I'm waiting for Alma/Aruma/whateverhisname ride on hover-board like in the OP because it's look cool.

The maids in the operating room.......feels like i'm watching Gravion again
Old 2011-07-04, 05:33   Link #156
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

That was actually pretty damn good, I'm beside myself to say it, but sunrise surprised me. I thought it'd be utter crap, or maybe I had set the bar so low for Sunrise they couldn't help but to surpass my expectations.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 09:19   Link #157
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So this is the new Geass. It was just as entertainingly bad as its predecessor so I enjoyed it. Some mindless fun once in a while doesn't hurt.

The maid army...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
It did change. That girl completely destroyed his his built-up angst. Fastest character development ever.

And I agree the berserk armor was cooler. A shame it turned into... this.
Old 2011-07-04, 10:00   Link #158
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Darkstone and their forms.. power stones? His darkstone form looks better than that megaman lookalike though. Typical shounen stuff but that doesn't matter as long as I enjoyed the fighting!
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 10:08   Link #159
Sixth
Hu Tao

I actually enjoyed this more than Infinite Stratos. It is shame to see they get rid of the red/berserker armor. The kamen rider design is soooo bland.

As for the dark stone rampage, I think Ruri company must be the one who is caused this and now they try to fix the situation. Also, battle maid trope never get old, isn't it?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 10:53   Link #160
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not sure why many people love the berserk armor form. It's like people love anything that's not ordinary. Just like the time with EVA-01, people went "awesome" when it turned berserk, but I just can't understand what's so great about that.

Quote:
Also, battle maid trope never get old, isn't it?
And it should never get old.

Tags
action, school life