Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-27, 18:14   Link #221
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
But the voice I love most is that of Nabatame Hitomi, who is playing Judith. Such movement, control, and color. This is not one those shows that tries to get off cheaply by using younger seiyuus in the lead roles. These are the professional cream of the crop.
Nabatame is really good at conveying emotion in her voicing. At least half of the reason why I fall for Feena so badly is because of her. She has convinced me that she can shine with any character -- even as a trivial character with only 2-3 lines like in Megane na Kanojo, she shined. It's just amazing.

I'm drawn to this show mainly of the seiyuu stardom, and I'm not disappointed in that aspect. Yukarin's voice reminds me too much of her character in B Gata H Kei, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
So, as Rotte-chan next in the ranks of Mangatron's twintailed army, or is he too capable of some modicum of restraint?

On subject, I REALLY miss the days where Horie Yui is the leading lady instead of being relegated to a supporting extra. Yeah, I have been spoilt by Love Hina (where she was Naru) and Kanon (Ayu), but a talented vocie is still a talented voice.

Not saying Effie isn't an asset to the show, mind. (Yes in that way too ) It's just that Horie-sempai deserves much better roles than this.
There is DOG DAYS this season alright , or even Hourou Musuko from last season, hocchan was close enough to a main character in it, especially in the last few episodes. Mentioning Hourou Musuko, I was also drawn to it by its seiyuu stardom, and I ended up with a very, very pleasant surprise. I hope this show will bring me the same.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 18:28   Link #222
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
The only other logical reasoning for him to be a single parent to me then at that age, would be that Asuha's mother died at child birth or something which doesn't quite seem as likely to me .
Aside from that reasoning... He got it bad on him at the age of 12. He doesn't seem like the type of character as said before to go and mess around. So he must have lovestruck the girl badly enough for her to rape him.
Old 2011-04-27, 22:38   Link #223
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Why should Naoya get raped in order to have sex, that's just twisted, humans can be both sexually active at 12 and are responsible for their actions, and it was not that uncommon the the past and even in present... this neo-conservative mentality is becoming idiotically annoying by imposing its immaturity and irresponsibility onto anyone
Well there are only a few explanations. Either the girl dumped the kid on him, she died, or he was raped and left with the kid. Please feel free to pick whatever doesn't fit a "neo-conservative mentality." It's not the fact that he had a kid that young, but that there is no sign of a mother in the picture that brings the thinking down that road. Not to mention it doesn't seem to be in Naoya's personality.
Old 2011-04-29, 06:19   Link #224
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for megami:

Spoiler for nyantype:
Old 2011-04-29, 14:53   Link #225
Candyshark

It's good executed, drawn series.
But everytime i think that 23 old guy has 10 years old daughter. my blood starts boiling. I'm ok with succubus needing lifeseed. Besides chances that Lotte having sex with Naoya are next to zero. I'm completely not ok with 12 old boys impregnating women. Too much of shotacon hentai for me. Not working, there should be boundaries.

I agree with Kakkou Rina is miscasted as Naoya, she sounds like an older sister at best. Plus his antics reminds more of shy haremlead in school setting rather than a grown up man.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 11:30   Link #226
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Astarotte 04 - Succubus + Vampire:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 12:57   Link #227
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Truly this season has some memorable mothers

Spoiler for the 4th episode's hilarious revelation:
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 14:42   Link #228
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2011-05-01, 14:48   Link #229
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

All I can say about Episode 4 is....

Jerry!! Jerry!! Jerry!! Jerry!!

Oh Mr Springer can make an entire season out of this cast alone.
Old 2011-05-01, 15:07   Link #230
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 4:
Spoiler for Episode 4:
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 15:20   Link #231
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
It's good executed, drawn series. But everytime i think that 23 old guy has 10 years old daughter. my blood starts boiling. I'm ok with succubus needing lifeseed. Besides chances that Lotte having sex with Naoya are next to zero. I'm completely not ok with 12 old boys impregnating women. Too much of shotacon hentai for me. Not working, there should be boundaries. I agree with Kakkou Rina is miscasted as Naoya, she sounds like an older sister at best. Plus his antics reminds more of shy haremlead in school setting rather than a grown up man.
1. My own point of view is that fantasy is where we get a chance to cross our boundaries. This is not reality, it is fantasy, and if we do not recognize and enjoy our fantasies, they will sneak up behind us and control us unconsciously. Similar to Jung's concept of the "shadow."

2. "In folklore traced back to medieval legend, a succubus (plural succubi) is a female demon appearing in dreams who takes the form of a human woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual intercourse." (Wikipedia) Old explanation for nocturnal emissions.

3. Satou Rina is not miscast here. That idea comes from a preconceived notion of what kind of person a father should be. In this story, Naoya's feminine side is extremely important. That is part of his appeal in this fantasy story.

Episode 4: outstanding, yet again. Fantastic backgrounds, literally and figuratively. Good, and unexpected, development of the themes of the story (except for those of us who have read this far in the manga, and knew what was coming). And Kugyu is at her peak in this show, for me.
Spoiler for ep4, Lotte's father:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 15:59   Link #232
winkel

I love how the anime is being original. It makes me want to watch it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep4, Lotte's father:
But...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Spoiler:

Although honestly, my real prediction behind all of this is
Spoiler:
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 16:18   Link #233
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@KaoruC & Winkel: I also have the impression that succabi harems are just for nutrition, not procreation, otherwise there should be many more daughters, and I get the impression that by now all of them have been revealed.

EDIT: since I missed this post...

Quote:
It's good executed, drawn series.
But everytime i think that 23 old guy has 10 years old daughter. my blood starts boiling. I'm ok with succubus needing lifeseed. Besides chances that Lotte having sex with Naoya are next to zero. I'm completely not ok with 12 old boys impregnating women. Too much of shotacon hentai for me.
Let me see if I understood you correctly, you're OK with a 10 year old girl engaging in sexual activities with a 23 year old guy, but you're infuriated by a 12 year old boy impregnating an 18 year old girl

Quote:
Not working, there should be boundaries.
There are boundaries, it is called mature content for a reason, it's not intended to be viewed by immature audience who have serious problems with the distinction between reality and fantasy

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-05-01 at 16:38.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 19:34   Link #234
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Watch the manga spoilers please.
Old 2011-05-01, 20:25   Link #235
demonkevy666

it's a nice little series I just started watching, sadly lol.
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 22:12   Link #236
ramlaen

If you caught the milk and tomatoe juice comparison.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 23:11   Link #237
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
If you caught the milk and tomatoe juice comparison.
Graduating from tomato juice, lol. It tastes nothing like blood.
Old 2011-05-01, 23:29   Link #238
JokerD

Well, the queen is less guy crazy as compared to the manga. The story is going in more more heartfelt direction which I like.

The queen uses her sense of smell to locate Asuha, and Asuha also smells the queen, I wonder if that is genetic
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 23:46   Link #239
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that was surprising . At least the mystery of Asuha's mother is partially revealed. Yeah it would be tough for Asuha to see her mother on a regular basis since she was from another realm entirely . That's some visit she made to the human world. Though definitely some questions to be asked. Like why doesn't Asuha have a tail considering what they said about the offspring of succubi all being succubi?

Still have to agree the Queen has rotten luck. Lotte hearing the conversation that made her decide to leave early. Not to mention showing up at the party late even though she did her best to hurry her work along so she'd make it in time. Still at least she tried.

Next episode should be pretty entertaining.
Old 2011-05-02, 01:57   Link #240
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Heh... Queen has a ponytail. I knew I was going to like her my sig being changed recently has nothing to do with that decision lol.

But the story is nice, I like how they're fitting it together despite the changes I was used to from the manga. This series has a nice family feel to it, and I can relate to it a bit too. When Rotte went her way to give he invitation, I admit I thought Naoya was going togo along. The part that saddened me (for real) was when Rotte was crying at the end, she thought her mother was busy so she didn't give the invite, I experienced that before when I was younger, and my mother was always away on business, so I rarely saw her as well. I was hoping Rotte would find out her mother did see the invite, and that she tried her best to get there, but I guess these 2 only grew apart more.

Nice way to end the ep though, I haven't experienced a interesting cliffhanger in awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
The queen uses her sense of smell to locate Asuha, and Asuha also smells the queen, I wonder if that is genetic
Considering they've been apart for years, it's an amazing feat for these two

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Like why doesn't Asuha have a tail considering what they said about the offspring of succubi all being succubi?
This is purely conjecture, and speculation on my part, but I want to throw a hail mary and say her father was a human. The lack of tail would explain how rare humans are to Yggvarworld, and how those 3 girls had a huge misconception about what a human looks like. I'm going to blindly drop a gravity bomb (again pure speculation) and say the dad really is Naoya. I'm basing this mainly on the flashback in ep 02, and the part where if it was known that the Queen made out with a human and had an offspring, it'd cause a commotion, and not to mention it would be revealed that the Christmas tree was functioning at the time, which if I recall this right there was something pretty big years ago, like a war or something, with the tree caught right in the middle of it. The Queen having access to a functioning Yggdrasil would probably be a political problem. And I don't think rape is involved here: remember even mouth action works.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, loli, romance, seinen