Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-19, 05:06   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach Episode 220 Discussion Thread

Ohio gozaimasu! Today's episode is about Ikkaku. It seems he won't be faring very well against his opponent. Episode 219 showed briefly the collapse of the tower he was guarding. It also showed his pole/staff/stick/shaft broken in half while he lies motionless beside it. An Ikkaku defeat? Why? How come? Did he forgot to do his luck luck dance? Or did he not shave his head? What has shaving his head got anything to do with winning?

To many questions. Will they all be answered? What am I, a psychic? No really, I would like to know.

Enjoy the discussion.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2009-05-19, 06:05   Link #2
DarkHollowIchigo

I wonder how Ikkaku will get out this one, he will refuse to use his bankai.
Old 2009-05-19, 09:09   Link #3
kitten320

Just saw the episode... Go Iba! Teach Ikkaku the lesson!

Even though Komamura is a weak captain, I guess there is no one who could compare with him in physical strengh

Spoiler for Even something like this is a spoiler? 0_o:

Last edited by monir; 2009-05-20 at 03:36. Reason: names ARE spoiler too if they haven't been introduced formally!
Old 2009-05-19, 09:19   Link #4
Ichiban Hayai

I don't know whom you are talking about, but if you are referring to the 2 new arrancar at the SGC, please don't spoil names for us.

Last edited by monir; 2009-05-20 at 03:36. Reason: Please do NOT quote spoiler. It helps spread it.
Old 2009-05-19, 10:10   Link #5
Aqua Knight

Dont' read the spoilers then...
The episode itself is nothing special
Old 2009-05-19, 12:22   Link #6
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Even though Komamura is a weak captain, I guess there is no one who could compare with him in physical strengh
komomura is only weak mentally
Old 2009-05-19, 13:30   Link #7
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Why Ikkaku was the only one fighting on top of the pillar he suppose to be protecting, everybody else were going around town destroying buildings.

I wonder why the hell Yumichaka showed his real shikai to Shuhei?
Old 2009-05-19, 13:39   Link #8
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Why Ikkaku was the only one fighting on top of the pillar he suppose to be protecting, everybody else were going around town destroying buildings.

I wonder why the hell Yumichaka showed his real shikai to Shuhei?
They all started on top but then landed below.

Shuhei is quiet, he wouldn't tell anyone.
Old 2009-05-19, 13:58   Link #9
Wolcik

Quote:
They all started on top but then landed below.

Shuhei is quiet, he wouldn't tell anyone.
I don't remember Yumichaka's saying "You're a trustworthy and quiet type so I can pull this against you" he rather was "I have to win this, and normally I have to kill whoeever see my shikai, but I'll leave this as a plothole this time".

If they weren't fighting on top of pillars or even very close to them than how the fudge it got destroyed?It was smashed from the top and they were at the bottom for some time.

I might have to stop watching Bleach. All filler like added comedy makes me want to puke, and this church like music durring serious moments makes me laught how ridiculous that is.

Last edited by Wolcik; 2009-05-19 at 14:09.
Old 2009-05-19, 14:48   Link #10
Ichiban Hayai

Quote:
If they weren't fighting on top of pillars or even very close to them than how the fudge it got destroyed?It was smashed from the top and they were at the bottom for some time.
I think the arrancar fighting Ikkaku destroyed the pillar after defeating him.
It probably has nothing to do with their location. It's just that the pillar was unprotected
Old 2009-05-19, 14:50   Link #11
medigo

Quote:
I don't remember Yumichaka's saying "You're a trustworthy and quiet type so I can pull this against you" he rather was "I have to win this, and normally I have to kill whoeever see my shikai, but I'll leave this as a plothole this time".

I might have to stop watching Bleach. All filler like added comedy makes me want to puke, and this church like music durring serious moments makes me laught how ridiculous that is.
filler-like?
How??
also, we can just assume Poww smashed it from the top and jumped down afterwards
The two scenes dont follow immediately
Old 2009-05-19, 14:54   Link #12
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
I think the arrancar fighting Ikkaku destroyed the pillar after defeating him.
It probably has nothing to do with their location. It's just that the pillar was unprotected
yeah but why didn't kira's opponent go and break the pillar when kira was hiding in the building?
Old 2009-05-19, 15:55   Link #13
medigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
yeah but why didn't kira's opponent go and break the pillar when kira was hiding in the building?
eh, anime padded that scene to make it look like Kira hid in there for a long time...
even so, the bird did not strike me as the type to abandon a battle
Old 2009-05-19, 16:34   Link #14
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Because of his personality. He enjoyed fighting(look at his dance at the beginning!), and easily got sidetracked by it.
Old 2009-05-19, 16:56   Link #15
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Because of his personality. He enjoyed fighting(look at his dance at the beginning!), and easily got sidetracked by it.
He didn't enjoy it the way Zaraki or Ikkaku does, he just like beating people up. The moment it got serious he almost begged for his life, but that's was obvious since he was long rage fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medigo
filler-like?
How??
also, we can just assume Poww smashed it from the top and jumped down afterwards
The two scenes dont follow immediately
The moment when Matsumoto says it's cool for Komamura to break stuff and Hitsugaya says she'll have to pay for damage she does(it was in manga but not the "I want to buy pretty stuff" part). It's so similar to those after episode additional jokes, and most of them aren't funny.

Later on the showed Kira and Shuhei get depressed because Komamura killed off that Fraction before they got there.

What was with Shuhei and Kira poping in front of Yumichaka in an instant? They can shunpo so fast? Then why they didn't help Ikkaku sooner? Does Shuhei and Kira consider themself weaker than Ikkaku that acts like 3rd seat - because that's the only reason we hear Shuhei saying to Yumichaka.
Also what's with the sleeping glue? If they have stuff like that then what's the point of kidou and zanpaktou? Then just drop in on someone and stab to death in their sleep.
Old 2009-05-19, 17:00   Link #16
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
^^considering ikkaku's in 11th squad he probably would've preferred death over help so im guessing shuhei and kira already knew that...maybe the sleeping glue doesn't work on those with high reiatsu?
Old 2009-05-19, 17:26   Link #17
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
^^considering ikkaku's in 11th squad he probably would've preferred death over help so im guessing shuhei and kira already knew that...maybe the sleeping glue doesn't work on those with high reiatsu?
but Yumichaka just eat some reiatsu so he should be full of it and glowing :P that doesn't make sense
Old 2009-05-19, 17:33   Link #18
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
^^lol...that is a very disturbing power...suck and recover...i wonder whats next
Old 2009-05-19, 17:36   Link #19
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
^^lol...that is a very disturbing power...suck and recover...i wonder whats next
Do you really want to hear it?
Old 2009-05-19, 18:16   Link #20
slowmotion

Quote:
Do you really want to hear it?

This doesn't happen too often, but I literally lol'ed at that.
Closed Thread