Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-18, 22:22   Link #281
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I have recently seen a few screenshots for episode 11.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 01:00   Link #282
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode 11:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 10:06   Link #283
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Spoiler for episode 11:
Spoiler:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 01:49   Link #284
super

little women references

don't know if anyone caught this, and i didn't go through all 15 pages of this topic to see if anyone did, but jo, meg, and amy were the main characters of the book little women. jo was the cool tomboy, meg was the pretty bossy one, and amy was the baby. weird.
super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 14:54   Link #285
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by super
don't know if anyone caught this, and i didn't go through all 15 pages of this topic to see if anyone did, but jo, meg, and amy were the main characters of the book little women. jo was the cool tomboy, meg was the pretty bossy one, and amy was the baby. weird.
I posted about it. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who recognized the Little Women reference.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 03:03   Link #286
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I've just seen episode 8... and this one was the most ridiculous episode so far... the cook guy didn't even mention his kidnapped friend once in this episode... it's like he completely forgot about her... and was that a giant toilet the computer girl was on in one of the scenes? or was I just seeing things?

I'm hoping this gets better...
Old 2004-06-22, 18:41   Link #287
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Spoiler for episode 11:
Spoiler for Light reference to episode 11:

And ooh episode 12 raw is out and spreading^^ I probably won't get much outta this one either
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 11:25   Link #288
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Some Far Eastern Mythology

I really can't actually say if episode 9 was whether a filler or not.

It displayed casually much about Sei's present, and the tribulations she will have to endure as the next heir of the "Bai-Lan" clan (White Orchid).

This episode was really rich in Chinese folklore and background history plus we could appreciated some wacky kung-fu action.

Sei, Amy, and Meg's Chinese dresses were fashionable and gorgeous; Amy's was kawaii, indeed.

As for Jo, good riddance that she did not wanted to assist that formal party. I can't picture Jo wearing those flamboyant Chinese clothes or any other fashionable garments, after seeing her in those school robes back in episodes 5 and 6.
Probably, Jo has to endure in coming up with dressing and make-up when the mission requires any kind of formal activity involved just as it was the case in episodes 5 and 6. However, since the "dragon party" in this episode 9 has nothing to do with an official mission, she didn't had to.

We got to know some of Jo's preference for her profile in this episode:
Spoiler:

As for the rest of action in the Dragon Cruiser, that old Chinese man is the ultimate Kung-Fu master.
Spoiler:

GONZO has really reversed the male and female roles in this show.
Spoiler:

We now know some interesting facts for Meg's profile.
Spoiler:

For anyone who didn't realize about the cultural and folkloric aspects of the place and the guests clothes, have you figured out that Sei's name likely comes from Seiryuu.
One of the four holy beasts that guard the Earthly, cardinal directions. In Far-Eastern mythology, Seiryuu is the blue dragon of thunder which guards the river of the East.

That's why the name for this episode, "Dragon Party".
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 11:45   Link #289
dreamless

well, I'm not sure if Sei's name comes from Seiryuu. If Sei is indeed the "Sei" from Seiryuu, it means her name is just "green/blue/black" (the color of sei is actually the color between green and blue, but at time it also could mean black, at other time it's also considered green). And actually the chinese character "Sei" is quite a common given name for both male and female.

BTW, this is supposed to be an art of Seiryuu
Spoiler:

art of the four guardian godly beasts (each at the direction which it guards)
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-24, 22:15   Link #290
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

I hope the end of episode 9 was forshadowing some future big plot event, or imma be pissed

Episode 10 was... eh... disappointing filler...

up to episode 10, does anyone else feel like very little has happened?
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 21:39   Link #291
Mcdonalds

Wow, this anime didn't really light up my day at all when i first watched it. just something to pass my freetime but lately, i don't know why but its really one of my most anticipated animes that i want to watch. Anyway, yea i was a little disappointed with ep 10, i would have expected this filler stuff to have been either finely divided throughout the story or shown slightly earlier, especially since eps something like 1- 8 where they had an underlying story of the rapt being corrupt, the brain and the government plotting something. Then suddenly comes filler of Amy and Sei, to be fair Sei's wasn't too bad, but with Amy's i don't think it added anything new to the character which we hadn't already known. Not saying it was a BAD ep, just i was a little disappointed that it hadn't progressed the storyline at all. I will not be surprised now if they showed filler on Meg or Jo next ep seeing how the last 2 turned out (correct me if i'm wrong as i haven't read the spoilers for the next eps). Hahahha, did anyone think that thing with meg in ep 9 was overdone, a few others have mentioned it and i just thought it was stupid and cheesy for her to dodge bullets and making those MANLY (for someone like her) Bruce Lee kung fu effects. Kinda ruined the ending on ep 9 for me as i had really enjoyed that ep
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 11:16   Link #292
dreamless

great! episode 12 seems to be really starting the main plot...
Spoiler:
And that cook guy... I really don't know whether we should call him an unlucky guy or a lucky guy now XD

Quote:
Not saying it was a BAD ep, just i was a little disappointed that it hadn't progressed the storyline at all. I will not be surprised now if they showed filler on Meg or Jo next ep seeing how the last 2 turned out (correct me if i'm wrong as i haven't read the spoilers for the next eps). Hahahha, did anyone think that thing with meg in ep 9 was overdone, a few others have mentioned it and i just thought it was stupid and cheesy for her to dodge bullets and making those MANLY (for someone like her) Bruce Lee kung fu effects. Kinda ruined the ending on ep 9 for me as i had really enjoyed that ep
Well it won't be filler for the next two episodes for sure. For episode 10, I guess it's mainly to show how the cook guy can hook up with Amy nicely too, so they can keep us hoping this series to turn into a harem show for the cook

episode 9 is definitely one of the most fun I had watching anime recently. I think that part about Meg is intentionally over-the-top anyway, for one moment (especially that winged tiger on a rose background) it looks to be even crazier than some of the craziest moments in Excel Saga XD And I want that super cool Kung-fu master to return in some later episodes!
Old 2004-06-27, 19:15   Link #293
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
well, I'm not sure if Sei's name comes from Seiryuu. If Sei is indeed the "Sei" from Seiryuu, it means her name is just "green/blue/black" (the color of sei is actually the color between green and blue, but at time it also could mean black, at other time it's also considered green). And actually the chinese character "Sei" is quite a common given name for both male and female.

BTW, this is supposed to be an art of Seiryuu
Spoiler:

art of the four guardian godly beasts (each at the direction which it guards)
Spoiler:
Was it me, or the girls might represents the 4 directions?

Just a thought.
Old 2004-06-28, 07:50   Link #294
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
EDIT: Eh... turns out I may have mis-read a post... Marked for self-deletion
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 12:06   Link #295
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Twilight Zone episode

Episode 10 was the most nonsense up to now and likely the only senseless one.

What the heck was all that...

Spoiler:

We now got some details for Amy, since she was the star in this one.
Spoiler:

This was indeed a Twilight Zone episode.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 18:03   Link #296
7thMethuselah

After collecting the first ten episodes, I finally found time to start watching Baku Ten. Quite a good show, fast-paced, lotsa action, kickass animation and Jo is the greatest

Characterwise the show turns around Jo and Meg. Meg is you typical hyperkinetic girl, entertaining and fun : especially when she said "I won't get kidnapped everytime" and then gets kidnapped about 15 sec later . Jo ... well Jo is what makes Baku Ten worthy of my time, here's a woman with balls, a woman like no other, you can't help but love her ( at least that's how I feel). She basically can't care less about the things happening around her, seems generally bored, watches B-ranked horror movies and askes what kinda villains she can beat up at the theme park when asked out by Meg Apart from the "the world can blow up for all I care" attitude she really cares for Meg. I don't know what exactly the relationship between these two is, but Meg seems just about the only thing that wakes her up.
Sei and the little annoying girl are mostly side characters for now, although I'm guessing Sei's background is gonna become very important for the mains story, somehow I believe the main plot got introduced in epi 9. So far however not much of a plot has been seen, or the past episodes must've been loose ties that fit into a bigger picture that isn't clear yet.

Anyway it's a great series, that I can't wait for to continue
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 20:02   Link #297
FlyByNite

Finally Mega Rider has come BAAAAAACK to Osaka!
episode 11
Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 12:54   Link #298
xamgis

Send a message via AIM to xamgis Send a message via MSN to xamgis Send a message via Yahoo to xamgis
I just have a question. Why do the sites for Bakuretsu Tenshi that you click for more info (like this one and this one) say that the series is 24 episodes, but Animesuki says it's 13 episodes?
xamgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 14:31   Link #299
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamgis
I just have a question. Why do the sites for Bakuretsu Tenshi that you click for more info (like this one and this one) say that the series is 24 episodes, but Animesuki says it's 13 episodes?
Where does it say its only 13 episodes? i just checked and it clearly sais 24.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 14:54   Link #300
xamgis

Send a message via AIM to xamgis Send a message via MSN to xamgis Send a message via Yahoo to xamgis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfzilla
Where does it say its only 13 episodes? i just checked and it clearly sais 24.
On the links I gave, yes they say 24 episodes, but not here. See?

xamgis is offline   Reply With Quote