AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 00:19   Link #61
ivan_mccormik

What I also see promising about fate/prototype is that it could just take place in an entirely new universe (and it would all fit within the Nasu multiverse via Zelretch's 2nd magic). It's an opportunity for more plot twists. It's an opportunity to explore other possible Holy Grail systems and rules and plot twists based on new ways of breaking those rules.

As good as Fate/Zero is, I feel like it was only good *in spite* of being limited by canon, because Gen Urobuchi is just that good of a writer. Now it doesn't have to Gen, but the writer should be someone who's willing to break established tropes. They should play with the idea this time that the UNIVERSE bends to the will of a good plot and not the other way around.

It's gotta be something that does for the Fate series what Madoka did for the Mahou Shoujo genre. Goes without saying that it should also have the usual suspense, high-octane drama, GAR, Charisma, Crowning Moments of Awesome as well.

But with a loose cannon like Urobuchi behind it, we'll never know if people earn their happy endings, or if everybody dies; Until we're finished watching. And it would be f**king fantastic and exciting as hell to watch.
ivan_mccormik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 04:53   Link #62
giorno

meh, honestly speaking, i'd rather nasu makes something out of the "association's war to dismantle the fuyuki grail that was as big as the HGW itself", rather than making an actual project out of this...

alas, he probably won't do either though...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 12:32   Link #63
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Wouldn't mind seeing the dismantling process, could be interesting. And I'd rather have a... well, happier story, and something tells me, based on what I've seen of Gen, it'd wind up really depressing. That and it is Nasu's original idea, so I'd prefer to see him continue with it.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 12:24   Link #64
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This sure looks darker than the final version. I wouldn't mind getting a whole series though. A different take on things and I bet there was only one route here.

And I kept thinking just how great Fate/stay night would have been if ufotable had done it.
Old 2012-01-23, 13:31   Link #65
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, it's finally been subbed!

That was pretty neat. My favorite servants among the ones we've seen are Rider and Lancer. Lancer's original design was a lot better than his final one. Seemed like he had some cool abilities too (I assume the hounds were his, as it fits his nickname).

The only thing I liked about Proto Archer over Gil is his bow. His personality didn't seem as fun as Gil's and his armor that leaves his chest entirely unprotected was fucking stupid.

As for the masters: Ayaka is cute, her sister is deliciously yandere, Priest dude is FABULOUS, and Lancer's master is smoking hot. Very nice cast.

I certainly wouldn't mind if this got a full series, but I won't cry if it doesn't.
Old 2012-01-23, 18:33   Link #66
LostHanyou

Ayaka... So adorable ;_;
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 19:45   Link #67
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Male Saber....Why are you so handsome and romantic with Ayaka?

Anyway, i'm more interested with Misaya since she's sexy. Since she's Prototype-Rin, i wonder if she's bisexual as well and has... "a special time" with Ayaka?
Old 2012-01-23, 22:24   Link #68
Crontica

Still i like the female lead, she brings about a harry potter esque blackbird likeness about her. The male cast however needs more work and better hairdos.
Old 2012-01-24, 04:24   Link #69
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Omg. I can't believe they had created all that, then actually thought making the changes to give us Fate/Stay Night was a good idea. It's like, how in the world did something so awesome (Prototype) become so bad (Stay Night)? About the only thing I'd say was an actual improvement over Prototype was Gilgamesh, and since we didn't get to see any real characterization in a 12 minute short, who knows...maybe he was even cooler as envisioned in Prototype, and they just didn't show any of it.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 08:48   Link #70
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Just re-watched the part with proper subs by UTW.

- Priest Guy = Mwu La Flaga = Sarutobi Sasuk = Zechs Merquise... Takehito Koyasu, since when could you play crazy guys so well? ()_()
While the characfter seems interesting, I doubt that there'll be any other villain that can match the caliber of Kotomine... that guy is just... irreplaceable.

- Ayaka, insecure, crybaby and pretty much the opposite of Shirou in most parts. Saber, transformed from stoic lady of war with some issues to a handsome teaser who has some Shirou withing it... I think that I'd find this pair more interesting than the current Shirou x Saber, even though I already like the latter.
Of course, replacing Shirou means no more fighting with our ideals, so I wonder what else with Ayaka other than "OMG, I MUST BECOME COURAGEOUS AND FIGHT!"

- The Rider in here is like a mix between Medusea and Medea. Good inside, but doesn't mind if he has to harm others to achieve his goals. His backstory makes it so that I wonder if he wouldn't have made one of the best characters if best written. Possibly a second Iskander? Stealing the Show? XD

- As for Gil... I'm already too grown up on his arrogant and b*tchy attitude that I've learned to love, so seeing him be somewhat more generic is... well, a bit surprising. His design and powers in here, while more faithful to the original story, are somewhat less suprising to me than "the Spam of Babylon", which by itself is awe inspiring and epic. Well, he has it hear... but for some reason... it's just not as epic as when he does it, crossed arms, ranting about how weak they are, etc...

- The one thing that I absolutely love about Prototype though... are Proto-Rin and Lancer. Perhaps this is repeating myself, but I am officially now a perpetual volunteer for Misaya abuse. She seems to be a lot like Hitagi Senjougahara from the gatari series, and I LOVE these kind of characters. Abusive, yet... caring (somehow).
Lancer's design is also a lot better here. Spandex suit always seemed weird to me. (And he's actually using what the Hound of the Red Plains is supposed to use... ehm ,Hounds)

Anyways, agreed with Kanon, wouldn't mind at all seeing an anime version of this.
Old 2012-01-24, 10:48   Link #71
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was prety entertaining. There were some moments where I felt it was a little too cliche but I suppose that's just because of the presentation. I really would like to see this is anime form, but i wouldn't mind Nasu releasing this is as a light novel like it was originally intended and like he did with Kara no Kyoukai.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 19:27   Link #72
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Considering the hint dropped at the end of Carnival Phantasm Epilogue, and the strange discombobulated arm at the ED after Saber which looks like Sajou's arm...

It all came from 1 place, but perhaps the next TYPE-MOON anime, is Fate/Prototype. You don't pay for big name VAs and only use them for 15 minutes do you?

*sees Carnival Phantasm*

...erm... only ONE 15 min slot, do you...?
Old 2012-01-26, 06:21   Link #73
giorno

yeah, they released a kind of protoype material when it came out, and in the afterword, Takeuchi talked about the possibilities of prototype ever becoming an actual project beyond this simple teaser: they are zero...

the hounds are misaya's familiars AFAIK, which just makes her even hotter in my book
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 17:57   Link #74
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I guess that's how rich typemoon is.
Old 2012-01-27, 00:48   Link #75
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I guess that's how rich typemoon is.
Type-Moon is probably more profitable than 90% of Japanese game makers.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 01:04   Link #76
Ashlotte
Clockwork

As an Eroge I can see why they changed what they did, but as the little OVA has shown I think the concept would make for a far better anime then FSN did.

Won't hold my breath, but it would be lovely if they revisted this after F/Z.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 09:56   Link #77
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

F/SN would have been an awesome anime if Ufotable had done it.
Old 2012-01-30, 00:34   Link #78
porchoky

There wasn't much lost potential since they did the fate route. If they ever do heaven's feel... it better be damn good.

Prototype had some really interesting ideas. There aren't enough shows that do the "main char is actually fairly badass but hates his/her powers so never uses them" WELL. And I don't mean the "falls unconscious and almost destroys the world" type; they are fully conscious of their power.
porchoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 05:33   Link #79
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
As an eroge it would have definitely failed... I don't think that there is a single non-yaoi eroge targeted to girls like prototype... nonetheless those female masters were really cute...
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 09:32   Link #80
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
As an eroge it would have definitely failed... I don't think that there is a single non-yaoi eroge targeted to girls like prototype... nonetheless those female masters were really cute...
What if there had been a lesbian scene with Misaya?