AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-16, 23:43   Link #441
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection = Best game(s) on the PSVita.
I guess there is enough room for TWO Bosses!!

Now, onto playing Project Diva on the Vita....
Old 2012-09-19, 04:50   Link #442
Sides

Vita is getting Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Muramasa: The Demon Blade!
Senran Kagura was bashed by a lot of people for being all about tits, but now it is okay.

Looks like sony have finally dropped the licensing fees for the vita, expect more ports and more smaller project to come, like it did with the psp.

Hmm.. and this Playstation Mobile, basically sony and partners are rebranding the PS Suite and giving it another boost.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 15:58   Link #443
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Vita is getting Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Muramasa: The Demon Blade!
Senran Kagura was bashed by a lot of people for being all about tits, but now it is okay.

Looks like sony have finally dropped the licensing fees for the vita, expect more ports and more smaller project to come, like it did with the psp.

Hmm.. and this Playstation Mobile, basically sony and partners are rebranding the PS Suite and giving it another boost.
Don't forget the most important news of all: PS+ is coming to the PS Vita. Now I'm dead set on getting one as soon as the prices for memory cards drop and/or after market ones show up. 50€ a year for more games than I can play (and high quality ones at that)? That's a bargain in my book!
Old 2012-09-21, 08:55   Link #444
Nerroth
NePoi!

A manga reader (and store) will be going live for the Vita in Japan next month.
Old 2012-11-16, 16:07   Link #445
Nerroth
NePoi!

SCEA have posted some of the Black Friday deals that will be available in the US this time around; three different bundles, each for US$199.99.

Also, version 2.0 of the system software will be up next week; adding an email app, some sort of browser update, and support for PlayStation Plus on the Vita:

Old 2012-11-16, 16:33   Link #446
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

still can't believed we haven't seen counterfeit vita memory cards yet.
Old 2012-11-16, 19:47   Link #447
Zexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
SCEA have posted some of the Black Friday deals that will be available in the US this time around; three different bundles, each for US$199.99.

Also, version 2.0 of the system software will be up next week; adding an email app, some sort of browser update, and support for PlayStation Plus on the Vita:

those are some great deal indeed. Really want the white vita but I will hold on for slim one since my fat one is like a tank.
Old 2012-11-16, 22:11   Link #448
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexas View Post
those are some great deal indeed. Really want the white vita but I will hold on for slim one since my fat one is like a tank.
Nah, there's just more of it to love!

(I have to say that my old PSP-2000 looks awfully small ever since I got used to the Vita...)
Old 2012-11-17, 08:10   Link #449
JohnNiles

I'm pretty steamed about buying a Vita full price a couple weeks before the Thanksgiving deals; on the other hand, I don't enjoy the hassle of Black Friday anyway. I guess I'll just take out my frustration by not buying marginal games I might've picked up otherwise.

I'm using one of the smaller memory cards- don't feel like storing digital downloads on such on a card, so I'll get by for a while.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 15:39   Link #450
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well, I'm a sucker so I just bought one. I got the 4gb card for now banking that in a few months time someone will come out with a cheaper option.

I must say though that it didn't even take me an hour to get annoyed with Sony: I have a full copy of Gravity Rush I won on a contest a few months ago and I had it on my PSN account. When I went to download it the store wouldn't let me. Apparently a PSP 2000 and a Go count to the 2 device limit on Vita games (which is just ridiculous since they can't even play the damned things).
Old 2012-11-18, 16:25   Link #451
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I have a Vita since August as a present and the screen is a step up from the PSP that I borrowed from my sister to shamelessly play Idolmaster SP. However, I bought mine with a 16 GB memory card since I download games, but I think the memory card price is what bringing the Vita down at the moment besides the system costing $250. Still, I don't regret it.

In fact, I do plan to get some more games on the Vita for Christmas compared to the 3DS, which I only have one I really want to play (Paper Mario Sticker Star).
Old 2012-11-18, 16:49   Link #452
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I must say though that it didn't even take me an hour to get annoyed with Sony: I have a full copy of Gravity Rush I won on a contest a few months ago and I had it on my PSN account. When I went to download it the store wouldn't let me. Apparently a PSP 2000 and a Go count to the 2 device limit on Vita games (which is just ridiculous since they can't even play the damned things).
There is a way to de-activate one of your PSPs from your current PSN acount, in order to free up a slot for the PS Vita; if you go to the PlayStation Network tab on the XMB, then into Account Management, and down to the System Activation option.

(The same can be done with the Vita itself, in case you need to exchange it in for a new one at some point.)

It is a shame that you have to do this in the first place, though...
Old 2012-11-18, 19:13   Link #453
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
There is a way to de-activate one of your PSPs from your current PSN acount, in order to free up a slot for the PS Vita; if you go to the PlayStation Network tab on the XMB, then into Account Management, and down to the System Activation option.

(The same can be done with the Vita itself, in case you need to exchange it in for a new one at some point.)

It is a shame that you have to do this in the first place, though...
Yes Yes, done it already and am in the process of reactivating all my games prior to the change in licensing conditions (VC2 and LBP dlc mostly)
Old 2012-11-18, 23:02   Link #454
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Yeaaaah, finally got around to getting a Vita. Took advantage of the EB Games/Gamestop trade-in promotions and amassed about $180 from 6 games, 3 controllers, and the PS3 Sharpshooter.... so pre-ordered Persona 4 Golden for Tuesday, and picked up the Black Ops Vita Bundle (well, it was between that and the Assasins Creed Bundle, so I was torn between which one I wouldn't play~ ).

Registered everything, got everything set up. Now all that's left is to wait for Persona 4 Golden and the Vita Skin/8 Themes that come with it. Why is Tuesday so far awaaaaaaaaaaay?
Old 2012-11-19, 00:13   Link #455
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Yeaaaah, finally got around to getting a Vita. Took advantage of the EB Games/Gamestop trade-in promotions and amassed about $180 from 6 games, 3 controllers, and the PS3 Sharpshooter.... so pre-ordered Persona 4 Golden for Tuesday, and picked up the Black Ops Vita Bundle (well, it was between that and the Assasins Creed Bundle, so I was torn between which one I wouldn't play~ ).

Registered everything, got everything set up. Now all that's left is to wait for Persona 4 Golden and the Vita Skin/8 Themes that come with it. Why is Tuesday so far awaaaaaaaaaaay?
^ you picked the Black Ops bundle? i heard that game is very bad...lol. you should've
gone with the Assasins Creed bundle. i might pick up another Vita for my little
brother if i can get one for $200 during black friday.

also, picking my P4 golden on tuesday as well! ^^
Old 2012-11-19, 01:42   Link #456
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
^ you picked the Black Ops bundle? i heard that game is very bad...lol. you should've gone with the Assasins Creed bundle.

Yeah.... compared to the other COD games, this ones pretty bad.... BUT, I am enjoying the multiplayer for what it is for now. As for picking up Assasin's Creed, after playing Assasin's Creed 1... I've learned I'm not a big fan of the series.

On another note, might pick up Gravity Rush and Ragnarok Odyssey on Tuesday when I pick up The Golden~
Old 2012-11-19, 02:31   Link #457
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ ah ok. i havent played any Assassin Creed before, so i cant really compare how good it is
to the COD vita game. lol...i havent play either of them yet since they're not my type of games.

oh, Ragnarok Odyssey is a good pick. that game is very addicting. it kinda start slow
from chapter 1-5, but after chap.6, things will pick up. the game gets really challenging on the extra missions.
all i can say is, good luck on those rank 10 extra missions. you'll die a lot. and also,
the game is very grindy to get the best stuffs, so expect more than 200+ hrs. of farming...lol.

i'm thinking of picking up Gravity Rush too. maybe when it's on sales. heard that game
is good also.

anyways, glad you made the right choice for yourself. always happy to see another Vita
owner. Vita needs more good games to come out. and Sony really needs to drop
the price on that krappy memory card already. *back to playing Ragnarok Odyssey, these farmings taking FOREVER!*
Old 2012-11-19, 16:04   Link #458
Dextro
He Without a Title

I won Gravity Rush on a competition some time back and just started playing it as my first vita game and all I can say is that it's got huge amounts of charm. The main character in particular is so freaking cute

It's interesting that all the art on promo materials in the west don't seem to match up much to the actual art style of the game: it's much more Japanese in style than the cover hints at. I'm guessing they still think anime-style art doesn't draw in western players.
Old 2012-11-20, 10:52   Link #459
Zexas

update 2.00 is pretty awesome.
Quote:
Support for PlayStation Plus has been added.

[Email] has been added to the home screen.

You can now transfer content between the PS Vita system and a PC using Wi-FI.

You can now transfer a folder from a PS3 system or a PC to the PS Vita system.

[Maps] can now display weather information.

The display performance in [Browser] has been significantly improved.

The buttons on the PS Vita system can now be used with more applications.

In [Settings], you can now set how you will be alerted depending on the notification type.

Turkish has been added as a system language.

In addition, the usability of many features has
Specially love the cloud save. now can't wait for the free game
Old 2012-11-21, 16:57   Link #460
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexas View Post
update 2.00 is pretty awesome.
Specially love the cloud save. now can't wait for the free game
The free games are out now in europe and I must say that they're pretty damned nice: Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Chronovolt and Mutant Blobs Attack.

The only problem I have now is that my meager 4gb card is too full to download the 3.3gb of Uncharted. I guess I'll have to rotate the games on the card until the prices get saner and I can get a 16gb one.

Tags
playstation, vita, vita tv