yuki kaji for eugeo... well he is so similar with Alibaba
Spoiler for alicization:
Old 2014-07-10, 15:32   Link #2222
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
yuki kaji for eugeo... well he is so similar with Alibaba
Spoiler for alicization:
I know exactly what you're talking about. But hey, there's still hope it MIGHT change.
Spoiler for Alicization:
On the other hand, please tell me I'm not the only one thinking that animating Alicization would be awesome, if only for the battle scenes.
Queen of Corners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 19:00   Link #2223
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
The website has pictures for the second episode. It's pretty much features GGO, not really real life--unless we get flashbacks. The sequence in the first episode on the website is pretty much how it went down, so...

Also, on reddit, a user summarized the SAO panel at Anime Expo with Reki Kawahara and it stated that they were already speculating on which voices to cast for the Alcization arc. That is reaaaallly interesting. They are really getting ahead of themselves-- unless our speculations are correct and the ending of SAO II will troll the anime-only fans.
Thanks for linking that. I was actually at the panel but I couldn't catch some of the 4 skills because they were inaudible to me.
Old 2014-07-11, 08:44   Link #2224
l.kostas

In the SAO wikia they have the titles of the episodes up to 6. The source is the Tokyo MX episode guide.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 12:25   Link #2225
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
In the SAO wikia they have the titles of the episodes up to 6. The source is the Tokyo MX episode guide.
I had assumed that, going by those summaries and titles, that episode 2 and 3 would be dedicated to Sinon. Though, looking at the preview images, looks like we'll still be getting some of the other cast. Seems like the adaption reordered some scenes, just to include the other characters. I thought something was off, when Kirito didn't tell Asuna about transferring in the first episode.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 21:34   Link #2226
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
I had assumed that, going by those summaries and titles, that episode 2 and 3 would be dedicated to Sinon. Though, looking at the preview images, looks like we'll still be getting some of the other cast. Seems like the adaption reordered some scenes, just to include the other characters. I thought something was off, when Kirito didn't tell Asuna about transferring in the first episode.
I'd say those are original content to give some characters some more appearance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Corners View Post
I know exactly what you're talking about. But hey, there's still hope it MIGHT change.
Spoiler for Alicization:
On the other hand, please tell me I'm not the only one thinking that animating Alicization would be awesome, if only for the battle scenes.
Spoiler for translation of part of a Volume 14 Afterword:
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 04:33   Link #2227
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Spoiler for translation of part of a Volume 14 Afterword:
I can understand the reasoning for the most part, seeing how the events escalate after that, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Spoiler for WN content:
Old 2014-07-12, 13:15   Link #2228
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Corners View Post
Spoiler for Alicization:
too many butthurt eugeo fans all around the world (including me), literally everyone in my country forum like eugeo > kirito
anyway
lets see how many battle in alicization
Spoiler for battle:

didnt expect so many battle here...
add if i missed something
Old 2014-07-12, 17:46   Link #2229
Queen of Corners

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
too many butthurt eugeo fans all around the world (including me), literally everyone in my country forum like eugeo > kirito
anyway
lets see how many battle in alicization
Spoiler for battle:

didnt expect so many battle here...
add if i missed something
Wish I could like this post. Eugeo fans all the way!!!

Spoiler for WN:
Old 2014-07-12, 18:52   Link #2230
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I actually like Eugeo more but my friend doesn't.

Sucks that SAO has a dearth in likable male characters.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 20:20   Link #2231
Krono

Quote:
Judging by that, it looks like they plan to cover most or all of volume 5 by the end of episode 6.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 01:56   Link #2232
Arnaiyus
Golden Justice

Wanted to post this in the Weekly Episode-to-Novel Comparison Thread, but decided to go here instead to appease the infraction gods.

So far, I am pleased with the way they are adapting the phantom bullet arc.
It can't be 1:1, everybody knows this, it's why we read the novels beforehand anyways! It gives us a little something to add when discussing about episodes with friends who didn't read the novels!
Someone posted the omissions from the books that might make the first episode look rushed, but keep in mind that we have 2-cours for this, so adapting Phantom Bullet has a lot of room even if we have Mother's Rosario after and even (hopefully) Caliber right before it.
I'm generally satisfied of the Kikuoka-Kazuto meeting; yes, they could've kept the parts about the "sense of superiority" and developed more on the Senses with the AmuSphere...but you don't want to have an entire episode and a half dedicated to talking heads and date scenes. If you add watching Extra Edition beforehand, it improves Kikuoka Seijiro's introduction (and novel readers should know that he's pretty damn important).
Thus, episode 1 greatly wrapped up the "what's going on this time around" and we can easily move forward from there.
Giving the entire spotlight to Sinon in episode 2 was good insight. She is a deep character with colorful lines and needs to be properly introduced. She's a great addition to the cast, surprisingly (normally, adding even more characters can go bad fast, but Kawahara-sensei is doing pretty good right now).
Can't wait for the next episode. Looks like we'll get all RL Shino's scenes done, with the bullying, Shinkawa and the trauma event. Added to that would be Kirito's reveal that he's converting his avatar to GGO.
@Krono, I think you are forgetting Kirito's and Sinon's duel at the end of volume 5, so maybe episode 7
Old 2014-07-13, 14:18   Link #2233
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaiyus View Post
@Krono, I think you are forgetting Kirito's and Sinon's duel at the end of volume 5, so maybe episode 7
No, I'm not. The events episode 6's summary describes happen late in chapter 6, so they'll at the least have covered most of volume 5 by then.

The title for episode 6 however could easily be descriptive of chapter 7.

So between the two I figure that by the end of episode 6, they'll have covered most or all of volume 5, depending on how much of chapter 7 they cover in episode 6.
Old 2014-07-14, 06:43   Link #2234
l.kostas

The official site was updated with the story and a few screenshots of episode 3:
http://www.swordart-online.net/phantom/story/
Old 2014-07-15, 12:23   Link #2235
Krono

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I guess I'll post it here to be safe. It seems that someone has gone to the effort of translating Reki Kawahara's twitter commentary for the first couple of episodes if anyone is interested:

Episode 1
Episode 2
Old 2014-07-15, 16:13   Link #2236
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

In the ep1 comments, I think he may be referring to the Oculus Rift demo exhibit that was set up in the LACC's south hall during Anime Expo (I stopped by that place when they were closing up on Day 1 and didn't find out what it was until I checked through some panaromas on Google Maps a week later).
Old 2014-07-17, 19:13   Link #2237
Divini
Senpai!

"I understand, so Sinon, grab my collar and scold me too!"

TIL Kawahara-sensei is a M.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 10:51   Link #2238
l.kostas

Episode 3 screenshots from Dengeki Online:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/887/887694/
Old 2014-07-18, 14:45   Link #2239
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
so no gender/bender krito until ep4
Old 2014-07-18, 17:19   Link #2240
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I'm pleased and surprised with this... This makes it look like they're really taking their time with this arc... in a way that I like...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote