AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-05-27, 14:14   Link #1661
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
I found it a few weeks ago, but thanks anyway.

I'm sure I might've posted it here... maybe not.
Good to know you found it.
Old 2011-05-27, 15:31   Link #1662
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Good to know you found it.
Yeah, it's an awesome tune!
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 19:49   Link #1663
Alchemist007
*Author

Anyone know when A wakening of the Trailblazer manga will come out in English or perhaps an estimate?

This is the Japanese version of what I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%A9%9F%E5.../dp/4047156159
Old 2011-06-02, 20:03   Link #1664
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Pretty much never.
Old 2011-06-02, 20:47   Link #1665
Alchemist007
*Author

Why's that?
Old 2011-06-02, 20:59   Link #1666
kakakka

There's no news about a release yet.

It's a retelling, it might get one someday, but it's better not to bet on it.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 21:16   Link #1667
Alchemist007
*Author

Ah well, guess I'll have to get the raw then. Thanks.
Old 2011-06-03, 05:26   Link #1668
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
It's extremely unlikely, given how we already have one manga series and a few novel series that has not been released here.

I'm not entirely sure that is the manga, because the manga adaptation is called Gundam 00A. The only thing that shares the same name with the movie is the novelisation, which usually depicts thing canon-ly accurate unlike the manga adaptations of the TV Series/Movie.

Maybe they changed the name for the compilation volume though.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-06-03 at 05:43.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 06:49   Link #1669
kakakka

From what I remember, that's the cover of 00A compilation.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 09:29   Link #1670
Araxiel

There's English releases of the season 1/season 2 dodgy retellings as well as 00F, so it could happen.
Old 2011-06-03, 12:20   Link #1671
Alchemist007
*Author

It did take over a full year for a number of the Gundam 00 mangas to come out in English after their Japanese originals (or at least on amazon), but I wouldn't wait until 2012 anyways, but if it does come out then, I'll have something to compare my own translation to.
Old 2011-06-04, 02:53   Link #1672
Myname

Question about Celestial Being's hierarchy.

Who exactly controls Celestial Being at the top? Obviously they are following Aeolia/Veda's plans but still, who manages all the bases, resources for building gundams, budget, etc.? All I've seen is Sumeragi being the captain of the main battleship/attack force but apparently there's a few celestial being bases with thousands of workers in them.

Another thing is, can anyone just access Veda anywhere? In S2, the Ribbons/Innovators and Celestial Being were accessing Veda at the same time until Ribbons got complete control of it. In the movie, the Earth Federation took over the asteroid where Veda was but Celestial Being still kept accessing it without them knowing?
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 05:47   Link #1673
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post

Who exactly controls Celestial Being at the top? Obviously they are following Aeolia/Veda's plans but still, who manages all the bases, resources for building gundams, budget, etc.? All I've seen is Sumeragi being the captain of the main battleship/attack force but apparently there's a few celestial being bases with thousands of workers in them.

Another thing is, can anyone just access Veda anywhere? In S2, the Ribbons/Innovators and Celestial Being were accessing Veda at the same time until Ribbons got complete control of it. In the movie, the Earth Federation took over the asteroid where Veda was but Celestial Being still kept accessing it without them knowing?
I don't think anyone controls Celestial Being. It's like an organisation with tons of checks and balances against practically everyone. Though I do know that the Observers, which included Alejandro Corner, have significant say over the organisation. But that power is also checked by Veda (vice versa applies too).

Yes, you only need an individual who has sufficiently "better" level of quantum brainwaves and a Veda terminal.

And, the guardian of Veda with the defeat of Ribbons is Tieria. Since he's a member of Celestial Being he wouldn't mind granting them access to Veda. I doubt even Veda minds, since Celestial Being was following Aeolia's plan faithfully then.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 09:24   Link #1674
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post

Well it's a bit complex but the simplest statement that one can make is Veda controls Celestial Being macro organisation. Period.

It's important to note that the Plan is very macro like in nature. The truth is even Aeolia cannot micro manage the plan from the past, a lot of decisions from the present needs to be made. Veda makes most of these decisions, he decides whether something is "constitutional" or not to the Plan. He will accept suggestions if it thinks it will contribute to the Plan. This is why it let Alejandro's rebellion happened, even if it knew about it since a long time ago. It also accepts Ribbons alternative, though it still considers it on their fringes, according to one 00N chapter. At the highest level, Veda heads everything. Of course there is lot of micro management done by other people Im sure (One time after S2, Ian was fussing about CB's finances and material shortage, which was running low, so they had to cut corners in the developement of Harute and Zabanya), but a lot of micro management decisions are done by Veda as well from what I've read (who to kill, which Virtue Type to make, etc). There was a power organisation chart released in 00F once, maybe Ill try asking around for it again and post it here.

For the record, Veda provided the materials for the construction of Gundams, I believe it was stated in 00V Senki chapter 1. There are some financiers of course but Veda does a lot of manipulation to get finances and materials. Veda is very powerful network.

The Observers are probably the next in the powerline offiially since they have the power to veto Veda's decision with a unanimous vote. Their role is to provide a human say in the decision making. Because Veda is a computer, it does not understand human nature completely so it potentially can make decisions that can be bad if humans. That's why they exist mainly. As Perses says, the organisation has many check and balances againts everyone but Veda should be top of the line even with that, with the Observers having the only power to check Veda to a limited extent.

In regards to access, they are these things called "Veda Terminals" that anybody can access Veda with. Veda is essentially a large network and these terminals are like access points. You also have people like the Innovades who are connected to Veda all the time.

In S2, the Innovators were using Veda mostly while the Ptolemaios Faction had anonomous limited access thanks to the system trap activated in S1. They can use it for small stuff like accessing the Elevator without being detected and the data are all hidden so the Innovators cannot see them. In the movie, the Federation can use Veda but Tieria blocks access to certain data/parts so the ESF's Innovades cannot access them; according to some minor sourcebook that I forgot the name. So you can say that the Ptolemaios has more access than the ESF, even if they control the base.

Speaking of which, Veda is not located at any one place. It is a network connector many terminals and you can access it as long as you have one of these node terminals (remember that red colored room onboard the the first Ptolemaios ship? That room has a Veda terminal). The one seen onboard The "Celestial Being" colony ship is just one of the larger core terminals but it's not the only one and they are a few other such cores; according to the 00 World Report and 2nd Mechanics sourcebooks.
Old 2011-06-06, 00:49   Link #1675
Luthon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Anyone know when A wakening of the Trailblazer manga will come out in English or perhaps an estimate?

This is the Japanese version of what I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%A9%9F%E5.../dp/4047156159
I don't know about the manga but there is a release date of July 5 set on Right stuff.com and amazon.com for the 00 movie, but does anyone know when the original mobile suit gundam is supposed to be re-released all i can find is summer 2011 everywhere.
Luthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 12:27   Link #1676
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm about to start watching Gundam ZZ but I just want to know one thing. I've heard it starts off kinda lighthearted and kiddish but gets darker and more like Zeta later on. At what episode does that start happening?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 12:56   Link #1677
JC...
I am a Pie

Watch it all. I don't see what's so bad about it. Barely any protagonist characters die, if you're looking for something where everyone dies, you'll be disapointed. But yeah Lots of Death =/= Ultimate awesome show.

I like Zeta, but everyone praises it because lots of people die, sure that's realistic and cool, but they don't seem to mention anything else.

Sorry, I went on a rant by accident.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 14:20   Link #1678
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Shows nowadays seem to be either:

a) Everyone dies.
b) No-one dies.

It's rather unfortunate.
Old 2011-06-06, 14:41   Link #1679
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Shows nowadays seem to be either:

a) Everyone dies.
b) No-one dies.

It's rather unfortunate.
Or you can have something like Char's Counter Attack, where people die at random for WTF reasons.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 14:47   Link #1680
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Or you can have something like Char's Counter Attack, where people die at random for WTF reasons.
I typically put that in Category A, considering who wrote and directed it.