AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2016-04-30, 15:48   Link #81
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Why is Odin the exception? He doesn't look that much better then the rest. Super good stats or useful active?

Thanks to both of you for the tips on the skill buffs, and tip on going for manga for summons (feel better about them now). Didn't even occur to me that would refer to weapon auras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
Grande conditions are more severe than it looks, so unless you have a very good character setup and equipments, Grande becomes less and less desirable over time.
I assume the severity you're referring to is one way or another related to weapons here?

Recently found out that apparently weapons that correspond to the character's weapon affinity give +20% more stats. Ugh. Yey for complications.
Old 2016-04-30, 15:57   Link #82
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Why is Odin the exception? He doesn't look that much better then the rest. Super good stats or useful active?
Odin's last limit break gives a special bonus to your party if you have both light and dark characters. That extra bonus is 30% ATK UP and 3% DAUP along with his 75% ATK UP and 15% HP UP.
Furthermore, it is the only combination where having a off element character isn't that detrimental, but only for a dark team (using Ferry or Amira is enough to benefit from Odin's special effect in a dark team without gimping your overall team too much). Light team cannot exactly benefit from using a dark character to trigger Odin's special bonus because there isn't really any dark support character that can make up for the damage output loss.

Double odin setup is actually more powerful than having a regular dark team with double Bahamut.

Quote:
I assume the severity you're referring to is one way or another related to weapons here?
Mostly weapon setup, because you must have 3 different elements in your active party (does not count sub members). As result, you have to make up for the damage loss as 2 of your characters will not benefit from your weapon configuration (and no, trying to split your weapon skills into 3 elements will yield a worse result than having a monoelement setup).

Grande setup are potentially stronger than monoelement thanks to the huge modifier and possibility of using very strong character combinations, but if your weapon setup doesn't give enough punch for your main character and the other char of the same element, you will perform worse than a monoelement team.

Quote:
Recently found out that apparently weapons that correspond to the character's weapon affinity give +20% more stats. Ugh. Yey for complications.
Weapon affinity isn't exactly something to worry about except for your main character. Generally speaking, characters must be considered for their abilities and skills.

For instance, Fire shouldn't forsake Percival just because his affinity is Swords as a classic fire weapon setup would be filled with mainly Colossus staves.
Old 2016-04-30, 16:04   Link #83
Kirayuki

Grande and Odin biggest trial is to grind their Unknown weapons (less severe on Odin).
And Unknown weapons can only be gotten from events right now, so it can be dead or alive on some elements.
Since both of them boost your normal Multiplier, having none of the Unknown give you more severe drop in output as opposed to the same situation in Magna setup for instance.

If you live with Grande, not only you need to grind one for each element...you need to have 5 sets ideally.
Odin only need 3, and you are mostly using it for Dark so it's less severe excluding the fact there are only 2 kinds of dark Unknown and they had pretty low drop rate on their respective events (and I doubt they gonna recap/revive back the event of those later so it's probably a moot point)
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 16:31   Link #84
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Thanks for the explanation Klash. If I understand correctly, basically a strong support of the opposite color would be what's needed. So just sticking something like Narumaya in a light team would be no good.

Also thanks for pointing out that you still need mono-element even for grande and dual element summons. Figured the requirements would be just harder since I see a lot of weapons with dual element skills and skill with the same effect only apply once, but I guess that only applies to SSR weapons which are near impossible to limit break.

What skills do you actually stick in a endgame pool? once you're done with the obvious: big atk boost, medium atk boost, big hp boost, medium hp boost. I assume small atk/hp boost is just ignored.

-

Sweat mother of god @Kirayuki, if you intended to scare the shit out of me when it comes to going for Odin or Grande, you did a really good job at it.
Old 2016-04-30, 16:34   Link #85
Kirayuki

Grande is beginner friendly tho on the beginning, since you probably won't have enough char or weapons to fix out on mono-element.
That said, it's assuming if you can pull her from Gacha....

As time goes on, it's just generally a pretty decent sub summon for most people.
Old 2016-04-30, 16:57   Link #86
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
What skills do you actually stick in a endgame pool? once you're done with the obvious: big atk boost, medium atk boost, big hp boost, medium hp boost. I assume small atk/hp boost is just ignored.
The rule of thumb is simply collecting as many magna weapons as possible, but the actual ratio is different depending of your element because of the raw and weapon type difference.

Fire: 1 Main weapon, 5 Colossus Staves, 2 Unknown, 1 Suzaku Katana, 1 Bahamut Weapon (either the dagger or sword)

Water: 1 Main Weapon, 5-6 Leviathan Daggers, 1-2 unknown (1 if you use 6 daggers), 1 bahamut weapon (either the dagger or gun), either a cosmos dagger or another Bahamut weapon.

Earth: 1 Main Weapon, 6 Yggdrassil Swords, 2 Unknown OR 1 unknown 1 cosmos sword, 1 Bahamut Weapon (either the dagger or sword. Gun if full human team or with Arurumaya)

Wind: 1 Main Weapon, 7 Tiamat guns, 1 Bahamut weapon (Gun if you don't use Korwa, Dagger otherwise), 1 cosmos gun or 1 unknown

Light (reasonable version): 1 Main weapon, 5 Chevalier guns, 2 Chevalier swords, 1 Bahamut dagger, 1 Cosmos guns OR 1 unknown

Light (full commitment): 1 Main weapon, 8 Chevalier Swords, 1 Cosmos Sword

Dark: 1 Main Weapon, 3-4 Celeste Axe, 2-3 Celeste Claws (2 if 4 axes), 1 Bahamut weapon (Gun if full human, Sword otherwise), 1 Unknown, last weapon is up to preference.

That's basically in a nutshell. Main weapons are generally guild war weapons of your choice for your job with the appropriate element of course.
Old 2016-04-30, 17:12   Link #87
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Thanks. *saves link to post*

-

Had to do a skill fate mission for one of my random Rs. Since the fate is stupid easy I figured might as well stick some of the new misfits in there to see what they do... turn 1, Lamretta incapacitates herself and is on the floor puking and Richard blesses the entire party with defense down (not sure how severe since dont think you can check the debuffs in detail). Fortunately my main character could just solo it. It's good that the game has a sense of humor.
Old 2016-04-30, 18:25   Link #88
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The Proofs are only available in event trade shop, event rewards, or event boss drops.
...or you whale. You can get it from the whaler's trade shop too.
I guess i'll farm it from the boss after Ifrit then, and from the upcoming event...if I can fulfill its conditions. Thanks!
Old 2016-04-30, 21:54   Link #89
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Grande and Odin biggest trial is to grind their Unknown weapons (less severe on Odin).
And Unknown weapons can only be gotten from events right now, so it can be dead or alive on some elements.
Since both of them boost your normal Multiplier, having none of the Unknown give you more severe drop in output as opposed to the same situation in Magna setup for instance.

If you live with Grande, not only you need to grind one for each element...you need to have 5 sets ideally.
Odin only need 3, and you are mostly using it for Dark so it's less severe excluding the fact there are only 2 kinds of dark Unknown and they had pretty low drop rate on their respective events (and I doubt they gonna recap/revive back the event of those later so it's probably a moot point)
For the dark team right now, regardless of which summon, wouldn't a full Celeste Claw Magna + Cosmo Fist set up a better option now? It is only like about 30000~60000 atk weaker than the ideal Dark Magna set up, but absolutely no need to worry about event or gacha only items.
Even with Odin, breaking into mid 400000 atk is not hard. Just a lot of grind. And the final potential damage can be higher thanks to a lot of 背水
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 22:02   Link #90
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

BTW, is the Bhamaut Weapon still being stack-able pre and post upgrade, or that been fixed yet?
Old 2016-04-30, 22:05   Link #91
Kirayuki

Err no, the nature of Odin's Char Up (and Grande) makes you require a balanced number of diff. multiplier in your weapon pool.
If you only win by a small amount with Odin, you are just better using full Dark team since you have to make up the cost of losing 1 member that is going as off-element.

As of Dark itself, having full Celeste Claw is not that really decent in the first place.
It's different from Tiamat where the Guns have far superior stat than the Fists, Celeste Claw have far inferior stats compared to the Axe.
Ideally, you'd only insert 1 or 2 sets of it into Magna setup (less if you are using Bahamut).
And if you are not using Magna, the effect of Guts is not that noticeable(moreso that is just small)

And having Guts in your setup also depends on your playstyle.
At the very least, I don't think Celeste Claw is good enough to get instant win over an Axe in your slot.
It's a bit different story if you have Dark Gacha Spear too, since it's a diff. multiplier of Guts so their effects can be doubled if you insert both of them together and might be worth considering.
But even Hades users only insert 2 of them at most, from what I have seen.

Bahamut weapons can be stackable after upgrading to the 2nd stage (the purple colored version).
You can also stack the purple version and the black version.
In any case they only stack up to 50% on effect
Old 2016-04-30, 22:34   Link #92
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Bahamut weapons can be stackable after upgrading to the 2nd stage (the purple colored version).
You can also stack the purple version and the black version.
In any case they only stack up to 50% on effect
Dark Spear needs whaling, I don't think that's a reasonable option. I mean, mind as well aim for becoming a Warrior of Light if you factors in whaling.

But if Bahamut weapon can be stacked.
We can option a full Celeste Axe + 2 Bahamut Axe+ Cosmo Axe set for a constant 580000~ Atk, which is an option because of Dark Team's load of unknown characters. And the only human character that's absolutely irreplaceable is Vira with her mount. (Apollo isn't a must when using Vampee).
Old 2016-05-01, 05:43   Link #93
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Cosmos weapon for Dark isn't exactly a great option because the character types lineup is quite atrocious, so you will have to forfeit the stance skill effect unless you want that huge 40% HP penalty with AT stance.
Might worth it if you are using dark only, but aside of that, not so much.

Also, you generally want a human or human/doraf dark team, as the only good unknown dark char is vampy. Cerberus is still trash, and Christmas Rosetta is a limited character that isn't exactly necessary anyway.
Old 2016-05-01, 14:47   Link #94
Shadow5YA

just making sure, but the SSR rates aren't any different if I do the single draw instead of the 10x draw, right?

I was thinking of just doing the single draws since I don't think I can get 3k crystals again before legfes is over...

Also, how am I supposed to use co-op to get decent EXP for job leveling? Most of the time there's high-ranking people who join and I can't get enough points to get full benefits (uh-oh)

I've also tried doing co-op with one of my dead rerolling accounts, and even the early stages take a little long to solo...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 14:55   Link #95
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

10x gacha pulls just have a guaranteed SR, which can be useful for a beginner.

Either you use your gems right now, or you just keep them for the next legend festa.
Old 2016-05-01, 15:24   Link #96
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Personally I would rather wait for next legend festa and/or maybe use some of my crystals to get a stash or some more weapon slots (the extra 6 team slots were pretty useful too) rather then roll and get...... nothing.

Even when rolling 10x it's quite disappointing as is.

If I recall my past disappointments, you can for example draw a SR weapon (no character) or some really useless SR summon. I drew SR +healing summon and nothing else in a 10x once, but at least it's SR.... who am I kidding orz
Old 2016-05-01, 18:41   Link #97
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If I recall my past disappointments, you can for example draw a SR weapon (no character) or some really useless SR summon. I drew SR +healing summon and nothing else in a 10x once, but at least it's SR.... who am I kidding orz
You still can get very decent SR characters that can be very useful. Solely focusing on SSR only isn't exactly a good idea especially when you barely started.
Also, those with a 5* are actually on par with average SSR chars (notably Soriz).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Are the event weapons worth grinding for? For example the Ifrit Halberd.
Weapons with EX attack icon should always be grinded. Regular event weapons with a regular attack icon should be farmed if you are lacking of raw damage for your given element.

pure HP weapons are trash unless you have hard time surviving with Hard and Very Hard difficulty.
Old 2016-05-02, 03:40   Link #98
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You still can get very decent SR characters that can be very useful. Solely focusing on SSR only isn't exactly a good idea especially when you barely started.
Also, those with a 5* are actually on par with average SSR chars (notably Soriz).
I'm always happy to get a SR character. But the draw doesn't guarantee a character, just a "SR item"

Also... for some reason the game decided "hey here have 2000 crystals." Not a bad thing. Except for the fact that now I have to grind like a madman.

[edit] And.... it ends as when I'm just missing 100 crystals. Damn you game.

Last edited by felix; 2016-05-02 at 05:05.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-02, 21:13   Link #99
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Everyone does, and they all acquire it at the same level.

For example, SSR character always get the first + boost at lv.55, second at lv.75, and the last at lv.100
But occasionally you have characters that get one more at lv.90 or 95.
Old 2016-05-03, 19:50   Link #100
Shadow5YA

So I just finished the 4th Pinboard and received a Premium Ticket. Is this ticket affected by any event rate up like legend festival, or would there be no problem if I used it now?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote