AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-24, 00:26   Link #1
Shadow Kira01

Star Ocean: Second Evolution

I recently bought the game and is 3 hours into it. I was wondering if anybody knows whether it is safe to reload a saved game many times?

I have tried it quite a number of times but not continuously in the prequel and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. Apparently, I ended up customizing the Force Sword into a Dull Blade twice, then I reload and got 2 Silvants, then reload and got 2 dull blades. On my 4th try, I managed to get one Silvant and one Force Sword. There doesn't seem to be any negative effects for doing so, except that I was wasting my play time. On a few occasions, I had wasted a few hours just reloading the game over item customization.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 01:51   Link #2
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Reloading has always been the trick to SO series, because even with everything going for you, something can still go wrong. Same thing here, where IIRC there is only one weapon that can be customized to an eternal sphere, just to name an example.

There's just somethings that can't be effeciently done by save/reload though, like for example getting Opera or Precis's extra moves through machinery for example.

As for my current playthrough, I'm planning to use Rena (main path) to get Dias, as I missed out on this childhood friend couple because I started out with Claude in the PSX version. >_>

Beyond that, I think I'll take Claude and Welch for my main battle party, since I haven't played with Welch yet. I heard also Welch, Precis, and Ashton has numerous PAs together, so that includes another 2. As for the last 2, I'll keep Celine just to get Welch ASAP, and of course Chisato, since I won't touch Noel with a ten foot pole.

That is, if I ever get to play it, since I have Ar Tonelico II to play, hopefully coming Monday. Man, I hate USPS --> Canada Post... so frigging long. Where's the option for UPS when you need it... >_>
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 16:34   Link #3
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

what are PAs??? I am thinkin bout using welch rena claud and bowmen.. anythoughts???
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 21:20   Link #4
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
what are PAs??? I am thinkin bout using welch rena claud and bowmen.. anythoughts???
PA = Private Action (a feature in which it alters your ending)

I am planning to use Claude, Rena, Precis, and a fourth character... The cool swordsman in the opening movie who will be having a sword duel with Claude at an arena. Hmm..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 15:19   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just saw the animation for this game.

good god, if they are going to be animated can't they at least put some effort in it?
the animation and character design ihorrible.

Tags
psp, rpg, square-enix, tri-ace