AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-31, 12:39   Link #81
Peanutbutter

Something to clarify, since it's been a long time I've played the game.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-02-01, 22:16   Link #82
porchoky

Pretty sure the conference would have been before the absorption gate. I mean... once the abs. gate is done, the lands are down, and you have that 1 month later thing. also Luke's pretty dense, maybe he wasn't paying attention during the conference.
Haven't actually watched the anime yet, just finished the game myself a while ago. I don't remember anything like that happening at the conference (looking thru the script now)

Last edited by porchoky; 2009-02-01 at 22:29.
Old 2009-02-22, 05:38   Link #83
setsunafseiei

I gotta hand it out it looks like in this anime version of tales of abyss Luke totally suck , they never showed him using the mad skillz at the game , except other character like jade,guy, anis lol too much of inferiority complex
Old 2009-02-22, 08:31   Link #84
siden87
aka seraph

Send a message via MSN to siden87 Send a message via Yahoo to siden87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Something to clarify, since it's been a long time I've played the game.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
I gotta hand it out it looks like in this anime version of tales of abyss Luke totally suck , they never showed him using the mad skillz at the game , except other character like jade,guy, anis lol too much of inferiority complex
I agree to some extent. I anticipate to see Luke using Radiant Howl or Guardian Field, or Guy with his awesome Brilliant Overlord, but they might just save this for later. But can't help it though, Abyss have much better story plot than other Tales imo (say, Vesperia), although the battle system still rocks.
Still, we've seen Jade using his almighty Indignition, Guy's Void Tempest (albeit barely mimic the game's), and in recent episode, there's Anise's Mystic Arte, Final Fury
Old 2009-02-27, 16:11   Link #85
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by siden87 View Post
Spoiler:

I agree to some extent. I anticipate to see Luke using Radiant Howl or Guardian Field, or Guy with his awesome Brilliant Overlord, but they might just save this for later. But can't help it though, Abyss have much better story plot than other Tales imo (say, Vesperia), although the battle system still rocks.
Still, we've seen Jade using his almighty Indignition, Guy's Void Tempest (albeit barely mimic the game's), and in recent episode, there's Anise's Mystic Arte, Final Fury
Speaking of which
Spoiler for Episode 22:

Last edited by NoLongerSane; 2009-02-27 at 16:54.
Old 2009-02-27, 19:30   Link #86
xellos2099

I wonder will they made Dist survive the attack in the anime. Mystic Cage owned Dist bad. If Jade had used his indigition, Dist might really have die.
Old 2009-03-04, 11:09   Link #87
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I wonder will they made Dist survive the attack in the anime. Mystic Cage owned Dist bad. If Jade had used his indigition, Dist might really have die.
Not if Sunrise decides to animate Luke's and the gang's battle against Nephilim, then Dist had to survive!
Old 2009-03-04, 12:25   Link #88
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Not if Sunrise decides to animate Luke's and the gang's battle against Nephilim, then Dist had to survive!
I think Dist might survive because he had info on what was going on with Asch and Luke.
Old 2009-03-05, 05:34   Link #89
Peanutbutter

And next up, Florian!

Now I remembered reading somewhere that they may not include him in. If only I can recall where and who, I wanna laugh at the one who say that.
Old 2009-03-05, 07:24   Link #90
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I don't think they'd be able to fit the Nebilim side quest in to the anime. Given 21/22, they're trying to get rid of a God General and unleash a Mystic Arte in every episode.

(Maybe a DVD-only ep? Wishful thinking.)
Old 2009-03-05, 15:29   Link #91
typhonsentra

It's been a long time since I've played the game but it's looking less and less likely that they'll have enough time in the next two episodes to give any real expansion to the game's epilogue, correct? It's been up for debate for so long I was hoping they'd put it to rest.
Old 2009-03-06, 00:12   Link #92
siden87
aka seraph

Send a message via MSN to siden87 Send a message via Yahoo to siden87
I thought Florian has always been part of the main story, although he does not have much role after his meeting with Luke and the party, including minor sidequests (Anise's hide and seek..or something)

Dist should have died from Mystic Cage unless they'll include Nebilim's quest (and hence the return of Dist as yet another joke) into the TV series, which I highly doubt considering how many episodes left. I am hopeful for OVA though Along with minor quest like Guy's Dashing Gent's costume (sad, sad quest) or the funny scene that give him Hopeless Dreamer costume.
Old 2009-03-06, 03:32   Link #93
Peanutbutter

My hopes of how an OVA should go: Hot spring in Keterburg --> Found out Dist's not dead --> Nebilim's quest.
Old 2009-03-06, 17:26   Link #94
yolin.shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
It's been a long time since I've played the game but it's looking less and less likely that they'll have enough time in the next two episodes to give any real expansion to the game's epilogue, correct? It's been up for debate for so long I was hoping they'd put it to rest.
Even if they had plenty of time for it, they wouldn't change anything about it.

Quote:
Hot spring in Keterburg
That was already done in the 2nd Drama CD though...
Old 2009-03-06, 21:22   Link #95
xellos2099

They elft dsit part wide open. Remember whenever a god general die, we actually see them die. AS for Dist, he was toss into the air and his mech blow up.
Old 2009-03-07, 02:35   Link #96
Peanutbutter

There's a Drama CD? Shucks. But the hot spring is meant to be animated.
Old 2009-03-08, 08:12   Link #97
yolin.shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
But the hot spring is meant to be animated.
I know, but it was still pretty hilarous.
There's something special about audio-only<3
Old 2009-03-08, 10:59   Link #98
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolin.shana View Post
Now you've piqued my interest. Any idea where I can hear it?
Old 2009-03-08, 16:08   Link #99
Kikuchi

I'm interested as well !

On another note, anyone thought that the New Lorelei Order thing was poorly done in the anime ? I thought that plot was dropped for the adaptation and went "WTF?" when Largo appeared in Kimlasca.
Old 2009-03-09, 02:35   Link #100
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolin.shana View Post
Thanks again.

Though I have to admit I can only understand bits and parts here and there, I guessed the voicing fits in with the in-game hot spring/spa scene. I thought that the US version was the only version that didn't have that scene voiced, but I didn't know that the JPN version didn't have that scene voiced as well, and this Drama CD covers up where it lacked in-game.

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2009-03-09 at 23:13.
Closed Thread