Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-11, 01:37   Link #1241
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
I'm not sure if having your <censored> stapled to your <censored> is worth having a sexual encounter with Senjougahara. At least, not in my world it isn't.

Then again, I like Hachikuji and Kanbaru more than Senjougahara so...
She can staple whatever she wants, I'm pretty sure it'd be a night I wouldn't forget for the rest of my life.

We could have plenty of psycho babies that robbed nearby Staples' centers as early as the age of 3 years old.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 02:13   Link #1242
Redmist
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Sweet, lots of Hachi screentime this episode.
"Sorry, I stuttered"
XD SO CUTE!
the catch phrase of the season!
Rararagi-San.

^_^

Quote:
I imagine that a sexual encounter with Senjougahara would be overall frightening. Think about it for a minute. There's no way it could end well.

Doesn't look that bad to me.
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 02:41   Link #1243
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Me , i say , Junta (Dna²) > Negi XD
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 03:29   Link #1244
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
So great. When Hitagi jumped on the table and pointed the pen in his eye I was rolling with laughter. I knew she was going to do something when he started talking about another woman. And at the end when he was attacked, that was crazy. This is my favorite new anime of the season, for sure.
As much of a big Senjougahara fan I am, and as much as I loved the rest of this episode, THIS aspect was the one that disturbed me quite a bit. Usually, jealous female leads are exceptionally cute, but THIS reaction was simply scary. One does not seriously threaten violence against your partner, but she just did. I'm afraid if Araragi doesn't put a real stopper against this kind of behavior, he'll be Senjougahara's whipping boy for the rest of his life. (Then again, maybe that's what he wants anyway ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 03:53   Link #1245
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Another great episode, and it seems that Araragi is already whooped big time, but Hitagi is also whooped. Araragi you better not make Hitagi jealous or you are going to end up with your toes facing up in a casket.

The end of the episode was crazy, what a crazy stocking bitch, good thing Araragi has healing powers, because any other person would have been dead. Looking forward to next episode to see how things get solved.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 04:47   Link #1246
paraalso

This side of her isn't really anything new though. It's largely a continuation of the same old we already saw in episode 1. The playful Hitagi we've seen since then is a part of the real Senjogahara, but that violent side we've seen a few glimpses of now is also a real part of her. Now I don't think that she goes around mugging people for fun, but she does seem to view violence and threat of violence as acceptable methods of solving her problems.

I personally do like that playful side of her quite a lot, but I dislike the other side far too much to actually like her as a whole. I've seen a fair amount of people say how lucky Araragi is to have a girl like her. I'd say that the opposite is true. Hitagi is lucky to have a guy who can actually tolerate that side of her, and not get permanently harmed from her actions thanks to his healing powers as a bonus.
paraalso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 05:41   Link #1247
Clarste
Human

Araragi's talent is rolling with the punches, both physically and verbally. He just takes whatever people dish out without seeming to care afterwards. He can't fight back as well as he'd like, but he doesn't really need to because by remaining undefeated his "opponent" can never "win". I suppose you could say that his regeneration is symbolic of his attitude in conversation.

I'm wondering how this is related to his supposedly anti-social nature, of which we've been told about more than we've seen. Hanekawa mentioned that both him and Senjougahara had put up walls around themselves socially, but if Senjougahara's defense is spiked wall (with turrets), then Araragi's defense is more like an RPG slime or something. He just oozes out of the way, so attacks go through him without causing damage. Nothing affects him, and therefore he affects no one. He has no stake in himself, so it's hard for others to have a stake in him. It's also this mobile defense that allowed him to pass through Senjougahara's spikes. I'm gonna stop now before my metaphor starts to implode.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 06:14   Link #1248
Zetsubo
著述遮断

If anything, a sexual encounter with Senjo would be intense but not violent for Arawagi.

As a character, I think the author of the series makes her not bashful nor affraid of her body or desires despite previous abuse.

Living together ?

The script so far has her pretty much almost ready to have Aratagi-san do her some perverted things.... Naked apron breakfasts for the vote ?

Her violent tendencies have been the only thing to keep her saving her own skin... from the attempted rape till now. As long as he doesn't make her feel threatened in anyway... he is good to goorgasim.

It seems as if, aside from the issue with her mother's pedophile cult leader, other people have tried to do things to her. Ergo, violence to "save her own skin" (episode 1)

Beyond that, for the future, as Hanekawa puts it, the Senjougahara of NOW, she wants Arayagi-san.

Pretty badly...

Shitsure Kamimashita.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 06:26   Link #1249
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
As usual, they've cut down the original conversation substantially. In the novel Hachikuji has to go through three different terms for "relationship" before Araragi reluctantly agrees.
So what's the actual meaning of "relationship" that Hachikuji asked Araragi? Is it the same as in anime?

Edit: Off topic

ZOMG! Xellos, you've finally changed your sig to something else besides oppai.
Old 2009-08-11, 06:50   Link #1250
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
As much of a big Senjougahara fan I am, and as much as I loved the rest of this episode, THIS aspect was the one that disturbed me quite a bit. Usually, jealous female leads are exceptionally cute, but THIS reaction was simply scary. One does not seriously threaten violence against your partner, but she just did. I'm afraid if Araragi doesn't put a real stopper against this kind of behavior, he'll be Senjougahara's whipping boy for the rest of his life. (Then again, maybe that's what he wants anyway ^_^
I didn't think she was going to do anything to him. She just put him in his place before anything happened and I think that's how she plays with him. It would have been nice to have a sweet scene with her coming on to him or something after to assure everyone that she isn't a complete nutcase though.
Old 2009-08-11, 07:27   Link #1251
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I didn't think she was going to do anything to him. She just put him in his place before anything happened and I think that's how she plays with him. It would have been nice to have a sweet scene with her coming on to him or something after to assure everyone that she isn't a complete nutcase though.
I can't say if she would but that episode was kinda funny xD
I think that Senjougahara really is in some kind of "love" with Araragi xD
although her love is strange and we dont see them doing loveydovey stuff I can kinda feel that he's her first love and boyfriend, she seems to be serious about, and becuz she has a strange personality, she doesnt know (not that she's irritated or something, she simply doesnt know) how a real relationship works, like saying compliments or hugging and cuddling xD

her kind of relationship is like "You're mine, don't ever betray me or you're dead" lol
Sephiroth_760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 07:31   Link #1252
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
How can you not have seen this?

Spoiler:

I thought I was free from that song!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 07:46   Link #1253
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
As much as i liked this episode. The whole jealous scene with Senjougahara was just scary as hell i mean there was nothing cute about her jealousy she would definitely have stabbed Araragi in the eye, but the age old trick of flattering women seems to work even with her. Like i said before she is an interesting character but i feel more sorry for him than envy , but seriously the we should not envy Araragi we should actually envy Senjhougahara she knows what kind of person he is thats one of the reasons why she fell for him. I must admit the conversation about Senjougahara killing him was funny as well and in a twisted way made sense. "If i kill you i will be the closest to you when you are on your death bed" I cant blame Araragi for his reaction either. "I would rather have anyone else kill me but you because of your methods" However Senjougahara is all her twisted sense of love says "I would kill the person that killed you" The whole exchange was so funny it hurt however twisted it was. I can see that Senjougahara is actually quite serious about him i mean she wants to move in together after graduating and walk the same path that i found surprising.

We also get a little backround history on Kanbaru and Senjougahra i cant wait to see how that plays out. Could Kanbaru have been in love with Senjougahra? Its pretty obvious by now she knows that they are dating. By the way i wonder how many people know that Araragi managed to land one the one most unobtainable girls EVER!!?

Both Senjougahara and Araragi's push people away just in a different mannor they are honestly very well suited for one another. Even though i made fun of her violent behavior i believe she honestly cares for him and wouldn't hurt him too badly besides he heals fast. That ass kicking at the end sucked for him but he will be ok he opened his eyes to see his g/f standing there "um your forgot something here ya go" lol. I think these 2 will be together for a long time remember Senjougahara has never broken up with a man EVER. I happen to think that it was not monkey girl herself that beat the crap out of him but a manifestation of her jealousy and annimosty towards Arararagi.

What an amazing twisted and just great show the dialog is heavy i cant watch the RAWS i dont want to miss a single a thing.
Old 2009-08-11, 07:50   Link #1254
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I thought I was free from that song!
You speak as if you hate it.
Old 2009-08-11, 08:03   Link #1255
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraalso
I personally do like that playful side of her quite a lot, but I dislike the other side far too much to actually like her as a whole. I've seen a fair amount of people say how lucky Araragi is to have a girl like her. I'd say that the opposite is true. Hitagi is lucky to have a guy who can actually tolerate that side of her, and not get permanently harmed from her actions thanks to his healing powers as a bonus.
Quoted for truth. Senjougahara is a psycho. Period. The only who can keep up with her is either a superhuman or a machosist or a combination of both. Araragi fits this description.

However, we also need to look the positive side of things. With a freaky girlfriend like Senjougahara, Araragi would think twice before having an affair or even talking with another girl. Obidiency and possibly long term relationship commitment guaranteed. That is..... if Araragi manage to survive long enough not being killed by her.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 08:16   Link #1256
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
I imagine that a sexual encounter with Senjougahara would be overall frightening. Think about it for a minute. There's no way it could end well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post

If anything, a sexual encounter with Senjo would be intense but not violent for Arawagi.

As a character, I think the author of the series makes her not bashful nor affraid of her body or desires despite previous abuse.

Living together ?

The script so far has her pretty much almost ready to have Aratagi-san do her some perverted things.... Naked apron breakfasts for the vote ?

Her violent tendencies have been the only thing to keep her saving her own skin... from the attempted rape till now. As long as he doesn't make her feel threatened in anyway... he is good to goorgasim.

It seems as if, aside from the issue with her mother's pedophile cult leader, other people have tried to do things to her. Ergo, violence to "save her own skin" (episode 1)

Beyond that, for the future, as Hanekawa puts it, the Senjougahara of NOW, she wants Arayagi-san.

Pretty badly...

Shitsure Kamimashita.
As it turns out, it's not...

Spoiler for Nisemonogatari 1:
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 08:23   Link #1257
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Later Araragi won't know the pain so much he was owned XD
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 08:27   Link #1258
Dop
Mmmm....

You know, I much prefer "ahoge goes 'Poing!'" to the tired ol' nosebleed gag.
Arararagi's (sorry, I stuttered) ahoge has gone straight up on a couple of occasions now when he's been with Senjogahara.

Maybe after doing Maria+Holic they'd got really fed up of the nosebleed joke.

Damn good episode, and shockingly unexpected end.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 08:29   Link #1259
calorie

Okay, I need to ask you guys something: is one supposed to read those fast-moving text screens? There are times when only a single word like "Black" or "Red" is written there, but then sometimes I can see the whole sentences and it's too hard to even pause the video at each screen let alone read the whole thing without doing that.

Now I surmised that might be just a form of artistic expression to complement the situation at hand, where you're only supposed to read bits of it, but now I'm starting to doubt that and I had to ask.

By the way, I'm on episode 5 right now, I've only been watching for a day or two. At first I was immediately won over by the unusual animation style, trippy storyline and of course Senjougahara but I don't know...things started getting a bit too weird and confusing starting with episode 3. Now I'm not so sure what to think of the anime.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 08:42   Link #1260
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
As it turns out, it's not...

Spoiler for Nisemonogatari 1:
Damn! I really want to read the novel. If I can read Japanese, I will definitely order them online right now.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural