AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 02:08   Link #561
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw, that hat kinda reminds me of Jotaro's hat. Is this a reference to that, or was there a larger common reference or is it just me?
Bancho hat. Not a reference to a particular anime, but just a stereotypical outfit.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 02:34   Link #562
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Guessing probably the promo intro where Homura appears and harasses Asuka will either be a unaired episode or an ova.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:12   Link #563
xizro345
King's Justice

I watched it not expecting much, but even like that, it ended up being pretty much subpar. The story would have been fine for this kind of anime (my memory on the game is a bit fuzzy so I can't say if it's that faithful or not) but the staff managed to botch up even that. Ep.9-12 had a lot of moments that dragged on too much, and could have been compressed.

The added focus on the antagonists was done too late, and really felt like a tacked on attempt. Worst of all, the action scenes direction was not so good and it appears they either ran out of budget or had time constraints after mid series, since there is a noticeable drop in animation quality (even in the final episode).

The ending was so abrupt, anticlimatic and out of place, I really couldn't really understand why they ended it like that.

In short, if you want to get fanservice and have either a Vita or a JP 3DS, stick to the games.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 20:38   Link #564
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
Best scene for me is blushing Hikage.
That was nice. I didn't expect this
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Worst of all, the action scenes direction was not so good and it appears they either ran out of budget or had time constraints after mid series, since there is a noticeable drop in animation quality (even in the final episode).
That was really a disappointment. I had hope with the games OP & the beginning of the first episode but it was poor on the whole though we had few nice cuts. I guess a series may be too much for Artland.

The scenario was such a mess but I'm glad they didn't focus too much on Hibari since I couldn't bear her in Shoujotachi no Shinei manga. However I liked the Suzune/Kiriya thing. I've the feeling they wanted to mix too much things, it obviously failed and having 1 cour series didn't help. Some episodes were well executed but there were also dull episodes.
Nevertheless Senran Kagura anime was enjoyable because of the characters, ninja, boobs & good intentions. The music wasn't unforgettable but there were some nice tracks.
And there wasn't enough Daidouji, I hoped a finale Suzune/Daidouji
Old 2013-03-26, 21:01   Link #565
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Like many said if this anime was 24 or 26 episode release we'll have more character development a better final episode and probably better ending that leads up to Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus story arc.
Old 2013-03-27, 01:29   Link #566
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Hmm, I wonder, would the show have been more popular if they made Yagyuu more like the manga with her love for Hibari? Maybe they could if they make the Shinovi Versus second season.
Old 2013-03-27, 04:15   Link #567
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Like many said if this anime was 24 or 26 episode release we'll have more character development a better final episode and probably better ending that leads up to Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus story arc.
We could not really expect too much in terms of character development in ecchi anime like this one.... which focus more on action and nakedness...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 05:01   Link #568
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The game pretty much have good character development. Though I only have Shinovi Versus, it's not really just fanservice, I really like the girls here, the action maybe cliched, but their back stories are pretty well written.

Also I herd a rumor that the DVD/BD special is out? is it true?
Old 2013-03-27, 06:24   Link #569
Ialdaboth

Kyouray !

Hikage = best character in SV ! ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
The game pretty much have good character development. Though I only have Shinovi Versus, it's not really just fanservice, I really like the girls here, the action maybe cliched, but their back stories are pretty well written.
The reason some fans of the games despised the anime is it really sends the wrong message about Senran Kagura. The original games have cloth-ripping fights and comedy, but the story can be heavy and dramatic, with matters of life or death discussed regularly (I insist on the 'regularly' - the games can be depressing, at times) and grim background stories.

In contrast, the anime looks like it has been produced by people who have only had a glimpse of the cloth-ripping action and nothing more.

The manga did a much better work as an adaptation, IMHO. Much toned down fanservice (no swimsuits, apart for the beach vacation chapter), lighter atmosphere than the games, and more focus on the plot and the characters than the anime.

Quote:
Also I herd a rumor that the DVD/BD special is out? is it true?
See here for screenshots of the first OAV special (and the retakes for the first 2 episodes - only minor changes, apparently) :
http://blog.livedoor.jp/nylon66/archives/51883469.html

PS : there is a decent review of the anime there
http://hobby-channel.net/tsuboani/37...548-25548.html (jp)

Last edited by Ialdaboth; 2013-03-27 at 06:53.
Ialdaboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 09:47   Link #570
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth View Post
Kyouray !
Hikage = best character in SV ! ;p
lol I didn't expect you here.
Because of her ponytail & red dress ?
She was already my favourite before SV

By the way BD/DVD booklet has some animation materials :
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-27, 10:10   Link #571
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Nooo it's over :(

I'm sure everyone knows already, but I came into this series for the boobies, and now that it's all over, I'm satisfied by the boobies

Before the series aired, I never saw this having a big budget, so my thoughts on animation quality were of low expectations from the start. If this series really had a small budget to begin with, I commend them for what they did with such. As for the story, eh, I haven't played the games, so I don't know what I'm missing, but I have read some of the manga chapters out there and I see the anime suffered more of inconsistent pacing which led to some awkwardly timed moments (like, that all of a sudden ending for episode 12 ), but there were some moments I liked as well (well finally Katsu-nee groped Asuka), and some I thought went on for too long which I felt could have been used for better things to write about.

That leaves me with my final expectation: the girls. And I'm not going to lie, I like all of the girls (yeah, even that eyepatch Kuroneko *cough*) This is one of those few series where I ended up liking all of the girls, seriously, there aren't many series out there where I liked all of the girls as if they were my waifu's While I'd like to have a special word about all of them, my time constraints only allows me the following:

Hikage
Oh yeah, I like me some green haired killer girl high-five to the Flavory one on the blushing Hikage her voice actress (take a wild guess) added some love to her, but there was also one other thing I thought of that I'm glad an artist also thought of:

KAZAMI YUUKA my favorite Touhou girl

Haruka
I like me some lab coat girl For some reason I have a strong attraction to her, hum gee I wonder what it could be this though sealed it for me:

SHE HAS A WHIP I'd be her puppet any day, ah but since I'm such a hard case to handle, she'll have to whip me into shape

I honestly liked the part where we got a decent amount of screen time for both the good girls and the bad girls, some of you might recall my extreme lust for Teruya Eiko, a bad girl, who I wished had more screen time. Senran Kagura gave me a lot more than what I thought I'd get in that regard, and for that I rate the girls and their screen time a 10/10

Except for one thing: like kyouray, I too was expecting to see a Daidouji versus Rin fight, but we didn't get it but hey, it's good you know. That means Daidouji still can't graduate yet so she'll get to bounce some more *runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's hot. She would look better without her horrid glasses though.
NOOOO! Glasses Suzune is hotness Suzune!!!

OH Miniskirt garter stockings Ah sensei, I've been a bad boy, spank me with that teacher stick
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 10:41   Link #572
Ialdaboth

All the girls are extremely likable. It's really one of the strong point of SK.
I'm not a fan of the dark overtones of the games, but in all honesty a bit of drama does a lot in favor of characterization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
lol I didn't expect you here.
Because of her ponytail & red dress ?
She was already my favourite before SV
Well, I was tired of speaking with myself on mata

Ponytail was nice and she is waaaaay cuter with the emotionless serial-killer act toned down some of her scenes are really wacky now

Quote:
By the way BD/DVD booklet has some animation materials :
Images
Nice
Can't wait to receive my LE Damn postal system and their habit of taking hostage my parcels !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Except for one thing: like kyouray, I too was expecting to see a Daidouji versus Rin fight, but we didn't get it but hey, it's good you know. That means Daidouji still can't graduate yet so she'll get to bounce some more *runs*
Let's hope for a Daidouji versus Suzune fight in an hypothetical second season don't think they will keep her dead if there is a follow-up to the anime, as it contradicts the canon
Old 2013-03-27, 11:00   Link #573
Midonin
Last Engage

Senran Kagura The Final - Frenemies

I would've loved to comment on Monday, but Funi had delays. And also some really weird translation choices. "Kekkai" can be rendered in English, guys. That said, this is one of the shows of the season I really enjoyed. Up there with VRO, and for very similar reasons. Even if the majority of the fighting in the finale took place with the girls in their underwear, this did nothing to diminish the tension of the action. I just love the way the characters are set up. There's plenty of chemistry between the main five girls on either side, and when placed up against their opposite number, it creates something even better - though neither side is exactly in the wrong. Also, lots of potential for yuri shipping. Asuka/Homura remains my favorite pair, though that may be because I like Homura's tanlines. It's the same reason I like Choi. And Junna. I have standards, but they never had to be particularly high. So, yes, a lighthearted (but not without some gravitas) ninja magical girl show that did make me interested in the rest of the franchise, mostly to see more of the characters. There are at least ten more in the latest game, and several more more in New Wave that means this universe could be expanded quite a bit - and I'd be in favor of that. I'm going to miss this show, but another jidai geki-esuqe magical girl show is already waiting for me in a week or two.

Today's going to be a day of a lot of finales, and Kagura is merely the first.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 13:48   Link #574
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I was extremely amused by this.

For the record, if you ask me this show lived up to each and every expectation I had and then some.

Just so you know, I wasn't expecting anything interesting plot-wise. Just boobs. The likable characters and amusing scenes were a bonus.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 17:11   Link #575
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Ecchi was meh
Action was decent
Everything just didn't cut it
5 out of 10 for me
Old 2013-03-28, 20:19   Link #576
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
Images
I hear that her hat...functions as a wig for her? If it's true that's a pretty awesome hat then.
It isn't the game thread but Nerroth posted the Daidouji/Rin SV DLC : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tG-_X2HGLQ (damn it makes me want to buy a Vita)
It looks her black hair is part of her shinobi transformation.
Quote:
Can't wait to receive my LE Damn postal system and their habit of taking hostage my parcels !
I know you're a true fan but you're exceeding my expectations
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
That's a good point!
Old 2013-03-29, 04:48   Link #577
Ialdaboth

Quote:

I know you're a true fan but you're exceeding my expectations
I have zero defense against pretty ninja girls

Quote:
That's a good point!
She seems to have finally graduated in the DLC; now, Katsuragi and Ikaruga are next
Old 2013-03-29, 13:22   Link #578
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

The reason some fans of the games despised the anime is it really sends the wrong message about Senran Kagura. The original games have cloth-ripping fights and comedy, but the story can be heavy and dramatic, with matters of life or death discussed regularly (I insist on the 'regularly' - the games can be depressing, at times) and grim background stories.

In contrast, the anime looks like it has been produced by people who have only had a glimpse of the cloth-ripping action and nothing more.

The manga did a much better work as an adaptation, IMHO. Much toned down fanservice (no swimsuits, apart for the beach vacation chapter), lighter atmosphere than the games, and more focus on the plot and the characters than the anime.

See here for screenshots of the first OAV special (and the retakes for the first 2 episodes - only minor changes, apparently) :
http://blog.livedoor.jp/nylon66/archives/51883469.html

PS : there is a decent review of the anime there
http://hobby-channel.net/tsuboani/37...548-25548.html (jp)
Seems the anime is only made for fanservice as you said and there is not much deph into it like the games, just hopin we might not get a season 2 if the DVD/BD sell well enough. The game though is very popular.

Seems it's yuri mode in the ova's. Can't wait to watch it, also Asuka hair down

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2013-03-29 at 20:39.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 14:31   Link #579
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
It isn't the game thread but Nerroth posted the Daidouji/Rin SV DLC : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tG-_X2HGLQ
Booo, Daidouji has no abs in the game version >_<
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 20:40   Link #580
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Booo, Daidouji has no abs in the game version >_<
Of course they might think she's part of StreetFighter4 series.

Base form blond Daidoji is love

Tags
boobs, ecchi, ninja, senran kagura, yuri