AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-04-27, 19:19   Link #21
grecefar

Love this chapters when they show the impact of their actions in the arc, but I agree with teach in this, is too soon to call him the fith emperor o an emperor at all.

nami has become really powerful, I'm glad tha zeus is with her now
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 19:27   Link #22
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

These are the chapters of One Piece that make life worth living.
Old 2018-04-27, 19:45   Link #23
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

BB spotted right Luffy is not time yet for emperor seat. Luffy promotion purely boosted from press release by Morgan, he doen't know the whole truth Luffy and crew hardship against the horde of BM army. Defeating DogTooth is hard merit for emperor seat.
I feel there is a conspiracy behind this that someone want to use Luffy name for unknown goal.

Lol Rebecca x Coby huh, since Coby is non-SH then that can happen in future somehow.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 19:49   Link #24
Wandering Soul

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
So Luffy is going to become an Emperor in a similar fashion to show Buggy became a Shichibukai: People misunderstanding the situation.
I once joked that with Buggy's luck he would probably end up becoming a Emperor through a misunderstanding, you can only imagine my surprise now that this has happened with Luffy instead.
Old 2018-04-27, 19:49   Link #25
Twi

Big Bird basically inflated his rep.
Old 2018-04-27, 21:06   Link #26
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

one of best chapter for me because it connected all the plots before into one

This year's Reverie is going to be fun!
I'm pretty sure everyone will be discussing on Luffy's case in the meeting

Sanji > Zoro
the suit should be a great upgrade for Sanji
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 21:40   Link #27
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Okay, I updated with the summary and some Korean scans are out now (haven't seen any English ones yet). Damn, quite a bit to take in this chapter.... new bounty hikes (a particularly gigantic one for Luffy), more Reverie hype, Sanji getting a raid suit, after all.... Y'know, if he doesn't want that, I wonder if Franky and/or Usopp can make use of it instead....?
No, they can't but... I got a feeling that he will use it though since the fact is Sanji is the only top fighter that has handicap (Only using kicks at fight)
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 22:05   Link #28
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Anybody know what is it Rocky port incident?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 22:29   Link #29
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
So this named Morgans is the one who leaked all these infos and spread it to the world?
I was mistaken by the name of Axe Hand Morgan.
Nope, Morgans (note the "s" at the end) is that bird guy who was invited to BM's tea party, remember? He was clearly introduced as a journalist, even. He was also shown to be rooting for Luffy a couple chapters back, which would explain why he exaggerated the news about the Big Mom incident....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Anybody know what is it Rocky port incident?
As far as I know, we never heard the details about it, but we know that Trafalgar Law was involved in it somehow. Apparently, that was the incident that got him a bounty hike and was partially what led to him becoming a warlord....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 22:52   Link #30
itachi-san314

Epic chapter! Badass Captain Coby. Luffy the 5th Emperor. Nami upgrade confirmed. Sanji Germa suit. Shadowy Emperor reactions. Reverie beginnings. Hints all over the place. Best chapter in a while.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 00:20   Link #31
rladls2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as I know, we never heard the details about it, but we know that Trafalgar Law was involved in it somehow. Apparently, that was the incident that got him a bounty hike and was partially what led to him becoming a warlord....
I wonder how did Coby got involved in that incident?
Coby possibly met Law back then?
Being called a hero, he is really doing well so far that Garp does not need to keep on eye on him anymore.

Alabasta, Fishman Island, and Dressarosa, they can talk about Luffy and his friends all they want at Reverie without being seen.
And to think Coby will be joining the topic.
Also talk about how World Government was trying to cover up two of the three countries's incident.
And see Coby's reactions of how shady World Government really is.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 01:12   Link #32
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I feel that Sanji will use the Raid suit when Luffy is in mortal danger.

Sanji: FUCK OKAY OKAY I'LL WEAR THE DAMN SUIT
Old 2018-04-28, 02:23   Link #33
The Small One

Well, technically the SHs defeated BM!
Not in an all-out battle, but considering their goals: The Straw Hats achieved all of their goals. They got the Poneglyph-copies they wanted (something the world doesn't even know), got back Sanji and they managed to escape with only a few casualties, after entering the main territory of one of the Emperors.
On the other hand we have Big Mom, who got nothing. Her complete army and military power couldn't manage to stop the Straw Hats or even kill one of their main crew. (We don't know the whereabouts of Jinbei yet, however the world doesn't even know he is part of the main crew)

Objectively viewed the Straw Hats won and Big Mom lost. And we have to consider, that it was not even the complete crew and none of the SH extended fleet present. All the other allies during the fight were created on the fly.
Actually it would be hard to justify it, if they didn't call Luffy an Emperor after stepping up to one like this and survive.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 02:48   Link #34
charasu
DigiDestinied

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I feel that Sanji will use the Raid suit when Luffy is in mortal danger.

Sanji: FUCK OKAY OKAY I'LL WEAR THE DAMN SUIT
Change luffy to nami, sanji will instanly use that suit even maybe unleasing his hidden newkama kempo :v
Old 2018-04-28, 09:19   Link #35
Tommy
Mr. Prince

God this chapter is so epic. Love That Nami got Zeus and also Sanji desperately needed this power up, so he better wear the damn suit. I’ve said it before but since the timeskip Sanji has become like Bleach’s Renji, nothing more than a punching bag and measuring stick for the stronger villains of OP.

I would really love to see Big Mom’s reaction to all of this news in the next chapter, and even more so her reaction when Brulee finally tells her that Brooke stole a copy of the poneglyph.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 09:37   Link #36
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, technically the SHs defeated BM!
Not in an all-out battle, but considering their goals: The Straw Hats achieved all of their goals. They got the Poneglyph-copies they wanted (something the world doesn't even know), got back Sanji and they managed to escape with only a few casualties, after entering the main territory of one of the Emperors.
On the other hand we have Big Mom, who got nothing. Her complete army and military power couldn't manage to stop the Straw Hats or even kill one of their main crew. (We don't know the whereabouts of Jinbei yet, however the world doesn't even know he is part of the main crew)

Objectively viewed the Straw Hats won and Big Mom lost. And we have to consider, that it was not even the complete crew and none of the SH extended fleet present. All the other allies during the fight were created on the fly.
Actually it would be hard to justify it, if they didn't call Luffy an Emperor after stepping up to one like this and survive.

Well yes, in a sense it certainly is true that Luffy defeated Big Mom. After all, he did actually beat two of her strongest children (Katakuri, Cracker), crashed her tea party, and lived to tell the tale, as you said. Still, it looks like the papers are pretty much reporting it like Luffy outright toppled Linlin.... which isn't quite true yet. And with that being said, I actually do agree with Blackbeard's words about it being a bit soon to consider Luffy as a fifth emperor at the moment.... I'd say maybe wait until after his experiences at Wano before we actually crown him, yeah?

BTW, I checked back a bit, and the "Rocky Port" incident was last mentioned back in chapter 700.... right when the Dressrosa arc started. Apparently, Law was the mastermind behind the whole incident. Makes me even more curious about the details of that situation, now....
Old 2018-04-28, 11:55   Link #37
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
That's why I have such a problem with BM being nerfed so badly. It wasn't even the whole SH crew... I get that Luffy shouldn't quite be considered an emperor yet and that the newspaper was kind of fake news lol. But considering BM lost at everything the arc involved to half Luffy's crew, I don't even have a problem officially calling him an emperor at this point. BM's crew lost miserably and in their own territory no less.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 13:09   Link #38
Twi

When did Judge have time to make that Raid Suit?

I mean, he'd have to know Sanji's abilities to customize it and acknowledge him enough to make it. So that'd have to be after they pulled his team from the fire. So he couldn't have had more than half a day.
Old 2018-04-28, 14:37   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Coby got pretty strong. I'm really curious about the Rocky port incident as well. It looks like he made a name for himself there.
Old 2018-04-28, 14:39   Link #40
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
When did Judge have time to make that Raid Suit?

I mean, he'd have to know Sanji's abilities to customize it and acknowledge him enough to make it. So that'd have to be after they pulled his team from the fire. So he couldn't have had more than half a day.

Perhaps the suit was one Judge made a long time ago, like when Sanji was a kid. He might have made it for him before realizing that he turned out to be a "disappointment" in his eyes. Of course, one particular hole in this theory would be size discrepancy, but maybe that could be explained with Judge making them one-size-fits-all? Though yeah, if the suit is actually customized to fit Sanji's fighting style, that leaves a big gaping hole as well, doesn't it....? Unless Judge just made a more "generic" suit for him with no specific accommodations, perhaps (ie no extra leg enhancements)?