AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-08-02, 08:04   Link #61
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna_maya View Post
So are you saying that she is atleast the strongest cqc magician in first high ?

1. I have feeling that erika might backstab tatsuya what do you think about this ?
2. So are you saying that she surpassed her father ?
3. Without magic only melee combat who is par with erika beside tatsuya on first high?
4. Do you think Rozen will be antagonist in the volume to get erika ?
5. Beside swordsmanship do erika have other skill like tatsuya ?

That's all.
1.No.
2. Yes she is better than her father, only her 2 brothers are stronger than her.
3. Sawaki and Tomitsuka are definitely stronger. Some can be on par but I don't think they are better than her.
4.No.
5. Erika excels at self acceleration magic and has harp senses for a swordswoman.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 09:28   Link #62
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
So are you saying that she is atleast the strongest cqc magician in first high ?

1. I have feeling that erika might backstab tatsuya what do you think about this ?
2. So are you saying that she surpassed her father ?
3. Without magic only melee combat who is par with erika beside tatsuya on first high?
4. Do you think Rozen will be antagonist in the volume to get erika ?
5. Beside swordsmanship do erika have other skill like tatsuya ?

That's all.
From the people named now; she is.
1. Probably; unless Tatsuya betrays his friends for Miyuki.
2. Yes
3. Tomitsuka and Sawaki could par Tatsuya and Erika in Physical Combat
4. We are not sure what Erika's true identity yet so unless that would be revealed; Iam not sure.
5. She purely a swordswoman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
No, in CQC Tatsuya is leagues above her and at least Tomitsuka seems to be stronger in CQC than her, or at least on par.

PS: I think you should not take pampz and his delusions about Erika seriously. Although Erika is indeed strong in CQC, saying that she's among top 20 in the world is as ludicrous as saying that she can survive a direct shot from Material Burst.
Really you think Tatsuya is stronger in magic CQC>?
Tatsuya didnt even dared to walk in Tomitsuka's domain when they fought
Tatsuya's ninjutsu is pretty weak and cant even knock down a no-name in Monolith Code.
Sure he can use Mist dispersion by coating it with his hands but Erika's sword can cut the same way as MD does with much longer reach; whats up with that?
Cut off Tatsuya head would he still be able to self regenerate? Tatsuya isnt as a GOD/OP as people think~!

Physical CQC They're on par; Erika having range advantage...but Magic cqc puts Erika above Tatsuya and the rest; even with speed magic alone.

I'd place Tatsuya in Magic cqc probably 4th in all the people in 1st High
Erika being 1st, Tomitsuka being 2nd, Sawaki being 3rd.
Leo would be a good candidate for 4th but he doesnt have much background in MMA and Swordsmanship to be put up that high.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 21:01   Link #63
luna_maya
Yuzuru Mode.

I agree. Question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
2. Yes
4. We are not sure what Erika's true identity yet so unless that would be revealed; Iam not sure.

Tatsuya's ninjutsu is pretty weak and cant even knock down a no-name in Monolith Code.
Sure he can use Mist dispersion by coating it with his hands but Erika's sword can cut the same way as MD does with much longer reach; whats up with that?
Cut off Tatsuya head would he still be able to self regenerate? Tatsuya isnt as a GOD/OP as people think~!

Physical CQC They're on par; Erika having range advantage...but Magic cqc puts Erika above Tatsuya and the rest; even with speed magic alone.

Leo would be a good candidate for 4th but he doesnt have much background in MMA and Swordsmanship to be put up that high.
At pampz21. I agree with you.

Question
1. Who is stronger between the 2 Erika with orichimaru vs Amy with her secret magic ?
2. Is it weird that Erika did not join in kendo or kenjutsu club, she is swordwoman of Chiba clan. At least she can polish mibu kendo skills.
3. Does Erika have hidden trauma like mikihiko, shiba siblings and Leo, if yes what is it ? " I am curious"

That's all.
luna_maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 21:46   Link #64
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
At pampz21. I agree with you.

Question
1. Who is stronger between the 2 Erika with orichimaru vs Amy with her secret magic ?
2. Is it weird that Erika did not join in kendo or kenjutsu club, she is swordwoman of Chiba clan. At least she can polish mibu kendo skills.
3. Does Erika have hidden trauma like mikihiko, shiba siblings and Leo, if yes what is it ? " I am curious"

That's all.
1.)I dont think Tathlum has speed that can match Erika; she moves in high speed that can be considered at the speed of light. So Iam not sure;
2. Vol. 13 we know that Erika is helping out the Kendo/Kenjutsu club in her spare time.
3. It is highly implied. Erika' secret is one of the many mystery of the novel. That hasnt been reveled yet. Its probably that secret why Miki warned Tatsuya about the Rozens; and as to why the Rozen approach Leo.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-08-03, 12:18   Link #65
dualxfate
気になる?

Quote:
3. It is highly implied. Erika' secret is one of the many mystery of the novel. That hasnt been reveled yet. Its probably that secret why Miki warned Tatsuya about the Rozens; and as to why the Rozen approach Leo.
I agree with this. it seems this can be the next big arc. that is why in the LN when it was said that rozen was approaching leo.. im thinking "oh shi.. plot device to pair leo and erika in a possible next arc"... though i like erika to end up with tats.. erika has gone back again to being out of tatsuya's vision which was pointed out by mizuki earlier. if she doesnt do anything then she will really be put aside..
dualxfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 11:29   Link #66
Echizen777

I reread the last part of volume 4 and something caught my attention...

Quote:
"......The party's about to end."

"The celebration is next huh......"

Feeling somewhat pressed, Tatsuya reflectively frowned.

"I guess there's no way for me to pass on that......"

Miyuki covered her mouth to stifle her laughter.

"You'll just have to accept it. Even if you go back to your room, you'll just be assaulted by Honoka and Erika."

"I get Honoka, but......"

"Erika's been captured by the Chairman."

With a suspicious laugh, Miyuki added that the Chairman was quite something.
Does it mean that he was dancing with her? Is Erika his type of woman?
Old 2014-08-05, 13:24   Link #67
Kurazukara

Quote:
2. Yes

Tomitsuka above Tatsuya in physical combat? I think you mean combat with magic because if physical combat alone, Tatsuya will wipe the floor with any opponent, whether it is Tomitsuka, Sawaki or Erika. Tatsuya already reached near the level of his master Yakumo in terms of CQC.

Sawaki, Tomitsuka are just students who mastered CQC to an extent higher than normal students. Erika has mastery in swords too i admit that, but could they compare to Tatsuya who could fight a true master like Yakumo in CQC. I don't think so.

Also ninjutsu refers to ninja techniques and tricks not physical combat, the correct term here would be taijutsu.

If magic is taken out of the equation and physical power alone is left, Tatsuya will beat them like drums.
Kurazukara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 14:08   Link #68
Echizen777

Actually Erika has the level of a master too, she is N.2 of swordsmanship in the whole Chiba family, the best one is the world's strongest swordsman. If only martial arts is considered she surpasses her father and even Toshikazu. Even without magic Tomitsuka is excellent at martial arts and Sawaki is better than him. Given that Tatsuya could not really beat Tomitsuka in martial arts the same way he beats Yakumo's disciples it pretty much confirms that he is master level.
Old 2014-08-05, 16:11   Link #69
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurazukara View Post
Tomitsuka above Tatsuya in physical combat? I think you mean combat with magic because if physical combat alone, Tatsuya will wipe the floor with any opponent, whether it is Tomitsuka, Sawaki or Erika. Tatsuya already reached near the level of his master Yakumo in terms of CQC.

Sawaki, Tomitsuka are just students who mastered CQC to an extent higher than normal students. Erika has mastery in swords too i admit that, but could they compare to Tatsuya who could fight a true master like Yakumo in CQC. I don't think so.

Also ninjutsu refers to ninja techniques and tricks not physical combat, the correct term here would be taijutsu.

If magic is taken out of the equation and physical power alone is left, Tatsuya will beat them like drums.
Wow thats some stupid argument you pulled up; So when both MMA masters fight you can clearly say; yes ninjutsu is more stronger than swordsmanship. thats basically saying Karate is stronger than taekwondo. This is why I say they are par; unless every Martial artist douche it out in a last man standing; you dont know who is the strongest!

Both Nao and Yakumo are acknowledge as top strongest cqc master but in the end they don't know who is the strongest; there are always advantage and disadvantage in every martial arts; no one can claim that there are no flaws in their techniques.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-08-05, 16:37   Link #70
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I think Erika, Tomikatsu and other top cqc master in first high because they train them to the max, uhm I guess you can say that if its magic cqc tatsuya have edge but remember he can't use his inate magic

Uhm to simplify erika is stronge to tatsuya if its pure melee, erika is master of her art while tatsuya hasn't learn all trick of his art from yakumo, I guess he is below from yakumo

Now I'm really curious if erika and mari fight in 2 match, one non magic cqc and magic cqc who can win, on magic cqc erika with orichimaru vs mari with phantom blade ^^?
Old 2014-08-05, 21:24   Link #71
Ignition Boost

Now people are getting the wrong idea here.

Tatsuya can fight against a master like Yakumo in CQC. Yakumo already said that he was forced to use magic because he can't beat Tatsuya with Taijutsu alone, that Tatsuya already surpassed him in Taijutsu.

You got it backwards, Tatsuya is deadlier even without magic. Not to mention the way he was raised.

Without magic, can Erika pull off her high speed attack that was heavily aided by her personal acceleration magic? I think not she is at the speed of a human again while Tatsuya stands neck to neck against his master Yakumo. Did Erika ever square off against a master swordsman like her brother Naotsugu, if that happens I'll reconsider.

And why do people get this wrong always, Ninjutsu is the tricks a ninja is employing like their own brand of magic and it is not CQC related at all, Taijutsu is the correct word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Actually Erika has the level of a master too, she is N.2 of swordsmanship in the whole Chiba family, the best one is the world's strongest swordsman. If only martial arts is considered she surpasses her father and even Toshikazu. Even without magic Tomitsuka is excellent at martial arts and Sawaki is better than him. Given that Tatsuya could not really beat Tomitsuka in martial arts the same way he beats Yakumo's disciples it pretty much confirms that he is master level.
Then how about when he fought Yakumo? Did you consider that? Or the statement of Yakumo that Tatsuya has already surpassed him in Taijutsu and was forced to use his ninjutsu to beat in thier first fight in the LN.

Can Tomitsuka and Sawaki stand against Yakumo without magic? Don't think so. Those two are still just students compared to Yakumo who is a master.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-08-06 at 07:12. Reason: Posts merged
Ignition Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 21:35   Link #72
I'm-here-present

Is this another heated discussion in the works?

Anyway just asking how many here is inclined to the Tatsuya x Erika pairing.
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-05, 23:03   Link #73
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignition Boost View Post
Then how about when he fought Yakumo? Did you consider that? Or the statement of Yakumo that Tatsuya has already surpassed him in Taijutsu and was forced to use his ninjutsu to beat in thier first fight in the LN.

Can Tomitsuka and Sawaki stand against Yakumo without magic? Don't think so. Those two are still just students compared to Yakumo who is a master.
I am considering everything and saying Tatsuya, Tomitsuka, Erika and Sawaki are all master level.But if they fight at CQC with magic or not against Yakumo they will never win.

Yakumo was just teasing him in Vol 1, Tatsuya is better than him in some areas but he never ever won, that is a fact. That's because Yakumo is superior overall.

Quote:
In terms of martial arts right now, Tatsuya and Yakumo were equals.

Both of them extended their right arms.

With both attacks simultaneously missing one another, the two of them were now in a position where their backs were to one another.

Tatsuya shifted his center of gravity and raised the leg he was originally putting all of his weight on and took a step forward.

The expected elbow strike failed to arrive.

He turned.

Just like Tatsuya, Yakumo had pulled back to a safe distance.

Seeing that they both used the same sort of attack, executed the same evasive maneuver and ultimately created an unnecessary gap between the two of them, the obligatory wry smile – There was no time for any of that.

Tatsuya stepped towards Yakumo.

In terms of techniques, the two of them were neck to neck.

Tatsuya also held the edge in terms of physical prowess.

Strategy was where he fell far behind Yakumo.

In summation, the only path to victory lay in a continuous stream of attacks from Tatsuya to avoid giving his opponent any opportunity to devise any stratagems. Any situation that created unnecessary separation between the two left Tatsuya in an unavoidably inferior position.
As soon as he stepped into the gulf and was prepared to swing his fist forward, Tatsuya felt that Yakumo’s presence was wavering.

Tatsuya is a student too, Tomitsuka was standing against Tatsuya, that's more than enough. I don't see why he and Sawaki being master level is not something acceptable when Erika herself has the level of a master, does it even undermine Tatsuya's prowesses in martial arts? No, it's not like the others were not training too.

And this is Erika thread so I won't discuss about this on this thread again though I think this post is more than enough to end this discussion.
Old 2014-08-05, 23:25   Link #74
Ignition Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm-here-present View Post
Is this another heated discussion in the works?

Anyway just asking how many here is inclined to the Tatsuya x Erika pairing.
I kinda appealed to me when the Yokohama arc PV for episode 19 came out.
Must be the thought of Erika's debut in battle.

Quote:
I am considering everything and saying Tatsuya, Tomitsuka, Erika and Sawaki are all master level.But if they fight at CQC with magic or not against Yakumo they will never win.

Yakumo was just teasing him in Vol 1, Tatsuya is better than him in some areas but he never ever won, that is a fact. That's because Yakumo is superior overall.

Tatsuya is a student too, Tomitsuka was standing against Tatsuya, that's more than enough. I don't see why he and Sawaki being master level is not something acceptable when Erika herself has the level of a master, does it even undermine Tatsuya's prowesses in martial arts? No, it's not like the others were not training too.

And this is Erika thread so I won't discuss about this on this thread again though I think this post is more than enough to end this discussion.
Tatsuya, a student... yes... a student that wasn't raised not as a person but as a weapon.

Did you really think that Tatsuya would be in the same level as the students? No.

He is a Yotsuba guardian that received training way above than what those others could have reached. The scars on his body are already proof of that.
Ignition Boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 03:28   Link #75
pampz21
ShipCore

Taijutsu in english is basically Martail arts. The reason I used ninjutsu is because Tatsuya uses chi manipulation rather than Taijutsu only, one of the reason he can fight Yakumo eventhough hes using magic. Tatsuya and Erika both studied their arts at a young age. Only difference is that a fight to the death is much more prominent due to Tatsuya environment in the 4th lab. They are master in their own arts. Tatsuya only advantage is that suprice attack cant work on him due to ES other than that Tatsuya's martial arts is strong but I doubt you can call it the strongest.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-08-06, 04:29   Link #76
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

@pampz who do you is the strongest in magic cqc of erika orichimaru vs mari phantom blade ? Uhm I hope it's ok to ask

Mari did state she not good in non magic cqc ... So I'm wondering if its magic cqc can erika beat mari with all secret magic and specialize weapon in hand ^^?
Old 2014-08-06, 04:32   Link #77
Echizen777

Erika would win against Mari if magic is not involved, only if magic is not involved. If magic is is involved she stands no chance.
Old 2014-08-06, 04:34   Link #78
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Erika would win against Mari if magic is not involved, only if magic is not involved. If magic is is involved she stands no chance.
Even with orichimaru in hand I guess you can say this erika is stronger than mari in non magic cqc, and mari is stronger than erika on magic cqc

I see thx
Old 2014-08-06, 04:54   Link #79
pampz21
ShipCore

Magic battle is different in magic cqc; magic battle doesnt involves physical contact. Magic battle with Mari is an utter lose to Erika. But magic cqc with Erika vs Mari gives Erika a bigger edge than Mari.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-08-06, 06:59   Link #80
Echizen777

Quote:
Magic battle is different in magic cqc; magic battle doesnt involves physical contact. Magic battle with Mari is an utter lose to Erika. But magic cqc with Erika vs Mari gives Erika a bigger edge than Mari.
But for these 2 a magic battle is a battle with CQC, that's their fighting style. If they are fighting with magic involved Erika would be completely outclassed. With magic involved Mari is too strong for her, she has not the level as of now.