AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2013-12-24, 05:06   Link #7781
Pesmerga

Does anyone know if it's possible to play the translated version of this on Android?

I recently downloaded an Android port of ONScripter (English enabled) for my Nexus 7 and was able to run Tsukihime fine on it, minus the trouble of getting pass the title screen. I tried to run this on my tablet as well, but it's only letting me play the Japanese version of it since the English patch is in a subdirectory. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Pesmerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 05:37   Link #7782
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

It may be theoretically possible by replacing the game files with the patch files, but you're likely to run into a number of issues. Otherwise I hear converting the game to VNDS works well, but you'll get a lesser experience by doing that. Either way, only Windows and Mac are officially supported.
Old 2013-12-24, 05:53   Link #7783
Pesmerga

Tried moving the patch files to the original directory already, but all it did was tell me that I installed the translation patch wrong -.- . Anyway, I think I read somewhere on the VNDS forums that no one has been able to successfully convert Chiru, so that option is kind of out the window .
Pesmerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 15:19   Link #7784
Painiac

Well, I didn't knew where to post this, and you can't post new topics 'ere, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trq8tboPBJ0

Isn't that music SIMILAR to something?

For example, this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm6BKgnuW_s

Kiiinda similar.

If this thing is old news - sorry for wasting your time.
Painiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-16, 15:45   Link #7785
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Hm, I didn't know about that one. Those two tracks do sound incredibly similar.
Old 2014-05-16, 16:03   Link #7786
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Hahah, wow. That sounds as if they directly ripped off a lot of Closed My Heart. It's too similar to be a coincidence.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 00:34   Link #7787
AX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesmerga View Post
Tried moving the patch files to the original directory already, but all it did was tell me that I installed the translation patch wrong -.- . Anyway, I think I read somewhere on the VNDS forums that no one has been able to successfully convert Chiru, so that option is kind of out the window .
I successfully converted Chiru, don't know what you're talking about xD
If you (or anyone else) still want it, I can upload it and post the link.
AX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 23:20   Link #7788
Xed51

Hello, I'm sure this question was asked before but I really can't check 390 pages, so if it was answered before I apologize.
I noticed that both the translations from Witch Hunt (umineko and RGD) and Spider Lily's higanbana use an on-scripter exe to display the english text.
Now I have some experience with coding but never on visual novels or onscripter; I tried looking for accessible tutorials but couldn't find any, any help? I'm sure it's out in the open somewhere and I'm just looking for it the wrong way. Thank you very much
Xed51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-26, 00:18   Link #7789
MDLRHalo

I don't know if this has been answered already, but could anyone help me with getting through the windows security when I try running onscripter-en.exe?
MDLRHalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 19:35   Link #7790
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

We've at long last completed an Italian patch for Umineko Tsubasa, which you can find by clicking my signature. However, I know that what you're looking for, or have been looking for for a long time, is an English one.

I apologize for the lack of updates, but regrettably, at this point in time I cannot say with certainty that a complete English patch is coming anytime soon - our small group has become even smaller, to the point we're struggling to keep up with a single project at a time, with people being busy with school and work or simply deciding to leave (we should have completed Higanbana ages ago, and we should have been doing RGD by now). Add the fact that we need native English speakers willing to help us translate and edit for quality standards, as it's not our first language, and you can easily see why it's taking so long.
I sincerely hope we'll eventually be able to do it in a reasonable time, as I first said on this thread.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 20:40   Link #7791
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Congrats! I know first-hand that keeping a project going is not an easy task, and what you've managed to achieve is quite incredible in itself. Still, all the best with your other projects!
Old 2014-10-06, 18:27   Link #7792
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Good job! I'm a bit surprised and saddened to hear how long it's been taking you guys... Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to have English as my first language... I'd help, but can't speak Italian. Good luck anyway, keep up the good work!
Old 2014-10-07, 17:47   Link #7793
The Creator
Golden Emperor

Congrats on your hard work dude!
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 23:03   Link #7794
graylandertagger

I'm having some trouble with the patch. Started the game up and manage to get up to the path where Kinzo yells about wanting to see Beatrice again(the path where the screen turns black with some text). Problem is that the game crashes after that. I tried using compatibility mode and running as administrator, but the game still crashes. Any suggestions?
graylandertagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 18:34   Link #7795
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by graylandertagger View Post
I'm having some trouble with the patch. Started the game up and manage to get up to the path where Kinzo yells about wanting to see Beatrice again(the path where the screen turns black with some text). Problem is that the game crashes after that. I tried using compatibility mode and running as administrator, but the game still crashes. Any suggestions?
Did the opening video play?
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 22:28   Link #7796
graylandertagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Did the opening video play?
Are you referring to the opening before the menu? No. For some reason there is no opening. Any advice?
Old 2015-03-11, 13:25   Link #7797
einhorn303

Quote:
Are you referring to the opening before the menu? No. For some reason there is no opening. Any advice?
It's kind of fuzzy in my mind, since I've never played the patched version myself, just set it up for a friend. I think I might've ran into a similar problem due to the opening video, though. It's supposed to play right after Kinzo finishes his rant in the opening scene, on "I'm begging you, Beatriiiiiiice!"

Have you replaced the umineko_op.mpg file in the "movie" folder? Do you have updated video codecs and DirectX?
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 21:25   Link #7798
graylandertagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
It's kind of fuzzy in my mind, since I've never played the patched version myself, just set it up for a friend. I think I might've ran into a similar problem due to the opening video, though. It's supposed to play right after Kinzo finishes his rant in the opening scene, on "I'm begging you, Beatriiiiiiice!"

Have you replaced the umineko_op.mpg file in the "movie" folder? Do you have updated video codecs and DirectX?
How do I replace the file in the movie folder? Is there some where that I can download it? As for the video codecs are you referring to windows media player?

Quote:
One thing I forgot to mention. When I said that I encountered no opening, I meant that I here a clock sound for a split second, then the game crashes.
Old 2015-07-12, 21:02   Link #7799
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Hello dead forum.
Haven't posted here in forever.

Doing so due to the upcoming release of umineko by mangagamer. Guess I'm wondering how much interest there still is in umineko from the leftover animesuki community? I'm also willing to clarify some things about the new release within the reach of what is possible at that point.

In the hope umineko can get a new hype even if much shorter one. Personally I've been wanting to reread umineko for a long time with a more distant mindset. New translation and visuals is definitively the opportunity to do so for me.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 21:51   Link #7800
CorenB

I have been lurking for a very long time, but I am definitely still interested in this. I hope the new visuals will be decent and not heavily sexualised though, hopefully. Higurashi's steam sprites are very shiny and pretty, and I really like the art style, but the artificially tight clothes and underboobs were a little unnecessary.

Enjoy English Visual Novels and RPGs? Check out Soyasushi Productions!
CorenB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation