Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-08-27, 23:49   Link #41
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
With Sasuke's morals though he will probably not participate in the summoning saying something like 'I will not be the one to kill him' then waiting until it is over so he can still feel like he is a good guy at heart and if he does help in the extraction then I hope he has nightmares about what he did.
-Oh me, oh my. Sasuke and morals used in the same sentence? Please, the guy already stated many times that if he has to he would sell his soul to the Devil himself in order to get what he wants. He has no "morals" to speak of unless you count murdering anyone that rubs him the wrong way a virtue. BTW, even if he doesn't participate in the extraction that killed the Hachibi J-rapper he is in the end still responsible for it. No matter what, if he wins, he has killed a person that didn't mean him harm until provoked.
Old 2008-08-27, 23:53   Link #42
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Actually, I'm betting that Suigetsu taking the blow to protect Taka is what probably caused Sasuke to flashback. It made him remember how Team 7 protected each other with their lives (like he did to save Naruto from Haku). Team Taka aren't just Sasuke's subordinates anymore but his comrades.

The flashback is significant because for the first time since Pt I, Sasuke will actually be fighting to protect his team rather than just for this own personal goals. And in shounen, that always makes an individual stronger, yada, yada, yada...
Of course, how could I be so foolish?! It is the law of shonen, in a life and death situation a main character will have an epiphany mostly in the form of a flashback then they will get a major boost in power! Also I agree but then again Kishi probably just did the fight will last another chapter
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 02:04   Link #43
Ichimaru

Great another PNJ for sasuke to win the fight when him and team hawk has been outmatched and beatened.

PS. why does he even have a flashback anyway about team 7, for his actions till now, is there still regret? or is this a way to activate MS? cause its lame.
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 02:18   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
Great another PNJ for sasuke to win the fight when him and team hawk has been outmatched and beatened.

PS. why does he even have a flashback anyway about team 7, for his actions till now, is there still regret? or is this a way to activate MS? cause its lame.
It is not really PNJ because Sasuke has had these abilities already, yet, for whatever reason, he has not used the techniques yet. Honestly, it is more PNJ that he has not used Amaterasu yet (though it is still possible that he did use Tsukuyomi last chapter), rather than using it after getting nearly killed.

As to the Flashback, I will withhold judgment until after the full raw is released.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 02:35   Link #45
mayhem

From the confirmed spoilers its evident that sasuke will turn on AK eventually to aid naruto and company... his heart is with konoha he just wants to rid it of its evils ( danzo and said council) who throughout the series have never been portrayed in a great light. They always come off as bitter and as the extremists side of konoha.

They have to be dealt with for there to be real peace in the village.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 02:39   Link #46
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
From the confirmed spoilers its evident that sasuke will turn on AK eventually to aid naruto and company... his heart is with konoha he just wants to rid it of its evils ( danzo and said council) who throughout the series have never been portrayed in a great light. They always come off as bitter and as the extremists side of konoha.

They have to be dealt with for there to be real peace in the village.
It's going to be fun to see which clans are going to side with whatever evils of the village you are talking about. All out Konoha civil war, sounds fun.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 06:27   Link #47
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
maybe amaterasu requires a certain emotion to activate, and sasuke's flashback brought out that emotion, regret..

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 07:28   Link #48
TehVenom

THis fight has gone on pretty long... When do you think we will see Pain attacking Konoha?
TehVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 08:11   Link #49
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That is actually, more or less, how I interpreted the flashback.
Nah it's like Sabaku Kyu said and in the grand scheme of thing it's also the first step of the return of the will of fire in Sasuke's life now that Itachi is dead.
Look more closely at the page, the three first panels are flashbacks of Karin telling him to bit her arm, Juugo healing his body and Suigetsu telling them to get away while he tries to hold off the Hachibi. Memories leadings him to remember what he felt about Team 7.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 09:06   Link #50
mrsticky005
Banned

I seriously doubt that Suigetsu is going to die in this chapter. There just seems like there has been too much foreshadowing of a REAL Kisame V Suigetsu fight in the future for that to happen. Also Suigetsu turns into water all the time so it's nothing to be surprised at.
I hope Sasuke defeats the eight tails with the one amateratsu move for several reasons.
1. It would be really weird and dumb for the eight tails a relatively minor character to defeat Sasuke who has been in the manga since Chapter 2 or 3.
2. We've already seen Amateratsu fail (or at least NOT kill someone) we don't need to see that happen again. Please don't repeat a "Tobi cancels the Amaratesu"
3. If their going to make such a fuss about Sasuke's new sharnigan (i.e the last panel in one of the recent chapters that shows a close up on them.) then it's going to just suck
if this sharnigan turns out to be crap.
4. If Sasuke dies like this this it's going to be a total insult to Itachi.
5. Sasuke hasn't really "won" a fight yet. Almost all his victories are flawed in some way.
6. The eight tails is great and all...but I kind of want to get to some other fight. Like Kisame v. Suigetsu. Or I want to find out what's the friggin' deal with Pain.
7. The story already revolves around Sasuke so much that if you kill him it's going to totally
f up the story.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 14:15   Link #51
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Amaterasu isn't a natural flame either and as it is stated to burn through anything; anything less than devastating damage to Hachibi will be highly disappointing. Since this is the 8 tails, I see some scenarios happening:

- He takes the full damage and regen almost instantly (something like Kyuubi)
- The demon form is burned away and he goes back to human form (unlikely)
- The demon evades the attack (unlikely)
- The demon take the attack and die (unlikely)

I like the first option because it doesn't downplay Amaterasu nor the Demon abilities; but I suppose we will see.
Because of the plot there are only a very few possibilites for the outcome:
- Sasuke and co. cannot die, so it's quite obvious that amaterasu will do some serious damage that will break down Hachibi's power to some lower level so that he cannot instantly destroy these guys with one demon-level hit. Since all 4 are quite tired by now all depends on amaterasu and a possible final MS jutsu. The Hachibi's power should be broken down to a level on which an already quite weakend team-sasuke can deal with him.
- the death of Hachibi is failure, so it's obvious that amaterasu will not kill him
So the only possible option (assuming Madara will not help until the fight ends) is that amaterasu does some serious damage that will open other possibilities for Sasuke and co. to capure this guy alive.

The interesting part of the spoiler is that the lightning country's ninja arrived and are looking at the fight. One thing is that after this fight Sasuke and his team will be out of chakra and stamina, so how will they handle enemy ninja -> Zetsu is most likely checking the situation and Madara or Zetsu will help them to escape the country. It's also interesting that these ninja in the spoiler say that the raikage ordered this guy not to use his demon form, now i wonder how can be such a rapper-demon be ordered around, how strong and confident is the raikage to give him orders -> It would be cool if Madara shows his real power by killing the raikage and his men if they try to capture Sasuke and their demon.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 14:45   Link #52
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It's good because:
- the bleeding confirms that Sasuke has achieved only MS, that's according to Madara's/Itachi's story about the evolution of MS. It confirms that Sasuke is not godlike, there are indeed serious limits of his powers.
Thank god somebody finally realizes this...

I've honestly lost about 80 percent of my enthusiasm for Naruto because of Sasuke. Kishimoto should NOT have given Sasuke more spotlight Time. What REALLY should hav been done, is a another, smaller time skip so we get to see NARUTO's development instead. But NO. Kishimoto had to draw MORE erotica so he could masturbate.

God...

More inetresting characters were being developed, like Shikamaru, and Naruto, even though we ALL know that Naruto will Never become the serious character he has the potential to be. He's ever fated to be stunted by Sasuke's over growth and overshine. I really do think that the ONLY reason Sasuke seems to be losing this fight is because Kishimotot probably got wind of the rapidly growing unrest over Sasuke's boring overgrowth. The girls are loving it, but the guy-fans are getting FED UP. I'm seriously right now, more ineterested in One Piece more than Naruto.

I used to be like: Naruto > Bleach > One Piece

But now its like: One Piece > Naruto > Bleach.

And at this rate if Kishimoto doesn't stop wasting time on Sasuke, it gonna be: One Piece > Bleach. (What Naruto? I don't watch that $hit.)

I'm really getting exasperated...And I was never a Sasuke-hater before. In fact, right up to the end of Itachi vs Sasuke, I thought that Sasuke was probably the most awesome rookie there was...but oh god...

Enough is enough, you know? When it's dead, it's dead. LEAVE the DEAD SHIT ALONE.

God...

And WHERE IS PEIN?? Characters who SHOULD be recieveing the spotlight are being tossed into a corner and left for dead. I WANTED to SEE PEIN go for NARUTO. FORGET Sasuke. I want a time skip, and I want Naruto to come out of Myouboku, and confront PEIN. I WANT to see OROCHIMARU back on the front line. I want to know what happenend to Kabuto. I'm (This is NOT an exaggeration) feeling real bitterness while typing this. Naruto is flecking going down the DRAIN.

I WANT Naruto to become a f***ing HOKAGE level SHINOBI; not just a big screaming clown, for crying out loud. The boy has been made to wait for FAR TOO LONG. The way things are going right now, it's actually beginning to deplete form the high sense of awe the Fourth Hokage evokes. Naruto is NOT developing AT ALL.

I AM FED UP!!!!!

Please...restore to me the manga I used to wait every week to jump on the computer to read, with zeal, and anticipation!!! Bring me back my god old Naruto, please...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by holypanl; 2008-08-28 at 15:05.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 14:59   Link #53
Ero-Senn1n

I hope Naruto will learn some new jutsu and moves, not only lifting big rocks
I mean he has wind rasengan, and.... what else ? How cool it would be if Itachi gave him knowledge of jutsu and not some ability, Naruto is already full of abilities, what he needs is some high level ninja knowledge, so he can use his chakra in a meaningful and entertaining (for readers) way. Itachi surely knew thousands of jutsu, but because of the plot he used only very few, it would be very cool to show just how great Itachi's jutsu knowledge was by using Naruto. Itachi's and Yondaime's heritage will manifest in Naruto and Sasuke so that they can defeat Madara and Pain.
Old 2008-08-28, 15:08   Link #54
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Don't be too disapointed when Naruto learns a 100% giganormous Fuuton Rasengan.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 15:21   Link #55
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
It's also interesting that these ninja in the spoiler say that the raikage ordered this guy not to use his demon form, now i wonder how can be such a rapper-demon be ordered around, how strong and confident is the raikage to give him orders.
I don't take this part so serious. With the personality the rapper had (compared to say a psycho pre-timeskip Gaara), he doesn't seem to be the type to be flaunting his power around just because he can. Seeing how quite a few of these demons (or at least Naruto and Gaara so far) had ties to the leadership of the villages (Both Naruto and Gaara being kages sons), it isn't far-stretched to think that Hachibi is also related to the rai-kage.

Quote:
It would be cool if Madara shows his real power by killing the raikage and his men if they try to capture Sasuke and their demon.
Personally, I would find it better (and amusing) if Madara also turned up to be the rai-kage because it builds up a conspiracy theory of Madara taking over countries bit by bit in the shadows. As we know, The country of Lightning does have issues with Konoha as the case with the Hyuuga clan showed.
Old 2008-08-28, 15:33   Link #56
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The interesting part of the spoiler is that the lightning country's ninja arrived and are looking at the fight. One thing is that after this fight Sasuke and his team will be out of chakra and stamina, so how will they handle enemy ninja -> Zetsu is most likely checking the situation and Madara or Zetsu will help them to escape the country.
Well if the Hachibi gets defeated, then the other Cloud nin will probably be reluctant to try and fight anyone strong enough to defeat him (even if they are weakened). This is especially true if they are aware of Akatsuki's reputation. They might go and report back to the village instead to tell the Raikage about the situation.

Zetsu might be watching, but I seriously doubt he does anything even if Sasuke and crew are about to die. Zetsu's watched Akatsuki members get killed without lifting a finger to help. However, he could maybe take care of the Cloud nin who are watching so there are no witnesses (without giving away his presence to Taka of course)

Quote:
It's good because:
- the bleeding confirms that Sasuke has achieved only MS, that's according to Madara's/Itachi's story about the evolution of MS. It confirms that Sasuke is not godlike, there are indeed serious limits of his powers.
You know, I'm starting to think that the eye bleeding is part of the Amaterasu technique, not really a limit or sign of strain. Kakashi's eye doesn't bleed when he uses MS even though it strains him badly. Sasuke's eye didn't bleed when he used Tsukuyomi. The only time we haven't seen someone bleed using Amateratsu is back when Itachi first used it in Pt I. Even then, we didn't see Itachi actually open his eye. We don't even know if the liquid is actually blood. Could be that Amaterasu starts as "tears" before it turns into flames. But we'll have to wait for the anime to confirm on that.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 16:23   Link #57
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Personally, I would find it better (and amusing) if Madara also turned up to be the rai-kage because it builds up a conspiracy theory of Madara taking over countries bit by bit in the shadows. As we know, The country of Lightning does have issues with Konoha as the case with the Hyuuga clan showed.
I think that would be too much. They are supposed to be working on taking over the world, but that would sound stupid if they are already in command of half of the world. If that were true they could simply take the rest of the kage positions the same way they took the ones they already have. I mean there must be some hard limit to what they can do in the current world, that would give the reason why they want to change the world. If someone is already in full control he does not need a big and secret plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Don't be too disapointed when Naruto learns a 100% giganormous Fuuton Rasengan.
I hope Kishimoto was already criticized enough because of the stupid Naruto vs Kakuzu "fight", so he won't dare to do that again.
Old 2008-08-28, 16:29   Link #58
Lawliet-L

Well, this is my first post. I confess ive been coming to this forum from long ago, but mostly to read the posts and look for info. But now i felt like writtin bcuz i found out something thats been kinda annoying thru the mangas and that is the comments about

"Its drawing too long"

Half of you are never satisfied .... when it was Jiraiya or Itachi it was the same. Just enjoy the fight as much as it takes as long as its a nice fight, and all 3 has been. Now i see ppl saying "I wont mind if its Kisame vs Suigetsu" ... but its always the same. When that happens most of you will be interested in another possible fight and will want that fight to end.

Conclusion: Enjoy the manga as it is .... at least its no filler episodes like the anime. (Been since ep 15 Shippuden that i stop watching it, but i read about it)

Well. goodbye!
Lawliet-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 17:13   Link #59
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Spoiler:

Couldn't agree more!! The biggest problem I have with Sasuke's growth is that he didn't even have to work for it, shit just keeps falling into his lap. He survives the battle with his brother when Itachi conveniently dies at the last moment, then wakes up with MS and Amaterasu, wtf...
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 17:42   Link #60
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Couldn't agree more!! The biggest problem I have with Sasuke's growth is that he didn't even have to work for it, shit just keeps falling into his lap. He survives the battle with his brother when Itachi conveniently dies at the last moment, then wakes up with MS and Amaterasu, wtf...
Technically he does train for it, cos he trained his sharingan so he could over throw Orochimaru's mind thing so he can regain control and he trained to kill Itachi which even though was planned and he got the MS he technically trained for it....except when he trains he doesn't expect the power up. Unlike Naruto who trains until his bones break, I prefer doing what Naruto does cos it assures his power will always be there and it is not temporary.

Also Hunter, I agree Naruto is just gonna end up with a huge rasengan instead of new jutsu....why KISHI WHY?!
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote