AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-12-13, 10:26   Link #621
TW25

It's good to hear that it won't be delayed too long and that Ryuukishi is alright.

The character design booklet he mentioned might also be distributed at next year's 07th Party which is good news for me because I'm planning on attending. The new character designs will be old news at that point because it's being held in October, but I really liked the first RGD booklet so it'll be nice to see the characters that debuted since then in that same format.
TW25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 13:27   Link #622
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Not sure if this the proper thread to post, but whatever

Source: http://www.mcanime.net/foro/viewtopi...44069#10244069

Some news from comiket 85
New Higurashi work for next comiket (comiket 86, summer 2014): ひぐらしのなく頃に奉 Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Hou (Hou = offering, present)

Not sure what it is about

Also a preview for the winter comiket of 2014. This one seems to happen in space (??)

Pictures in the link
Old 2014-01-01, 14:59   Link #623
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

How I interpreted what Ryukishi07 told me at Comiket, all of Higurashi up to now is a completed story; however, this is something "plus". Take that how you will… Either way, it should be interesting nonetheless.
Old 2014-01-01, 18:41   Link #624
moichispa
Endless witch

So the new story will be set in the space. I would have never tough about it at all. I will be waiting for it.

Also new higurashi. Interesting.
Old 2014-01-02, 16:44   Link #625
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
New Higurashi work for next comiket (comiket 86, summer 2014): ひぐらしのなく頃に奉 Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Hou (Hou = offering, present)k
Man, seriously? More Higurashi? Ryukishi must seriosuly let this franchise rest, for crying out loud! Like the DS, PS2 or whaddayacallit games and the outrageous OVAs they are releasing weren't enough, here comes more!

Though I'm not gonna lie, I'm totally reading it , but seriously, I really dislike the way they're still dragging around the rotten corpse of Higurashi like this.

Quote:
Also a preview for the winter comiket of 2014. This one seems to happen in space (??)
Wow, that looks.... strange, I guess(?) I'm so glad he is doing the art this time though ^^!

Still, those uniforms... anyone else getting Jungfrau flashbacks?

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 17:08   Link #626
Dr. Casey

Started reading through Rose Guns Days on December 31st...

Spoiler for comparisons to Higurashi and Umineko:
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 22:10   Link #627
TW25

Quote:
I'm so glad he is doing the art this time though ^^!
It's funny because all everyone ever says these days is 'oh, I miss Ryuukishi's art style' despite Rose Guns Days having plenty of characters drawn by him. Poor Claudia, Alfred, Madame Jeanne, James, Maurice, Wang, Tequila, miscellaneous baddies, etc. They're not getting any love at all it seems
Old 2014-01-03, 07:16   Link #628
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW25 View Post
It's funny because all everyone ever says these days is 'oh, I miss Ryuukishi's art style' despite Rose Guns Days having plenty of characters drawn by him. Poor Claudia, Alfred, Madame Jeanne, James, Maurice, Wang, Tequila, miscellaneous baddies, etc. They're not getting any love at all it seems
You have got to be kidding!!! I totally adore all of his sprites in this one too (okay, maybe I'm not too fond of Claudia, her body seems way bigger than her head for some reason and it freaks me out), but Alfred's trollfaces and the thugs are my fetish~!

Though I can't complain, the rest of the art is pretty terrific in RGD, Rose's sprite totally steals the show, but you know, it's just not the same without TUMOR HANDS!!

(Btw, Tequila is a Season3 character, right? Because I think I'd remember a name like that...)

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2014-01-03, 10:28   Link #629
TW25

Actually, Tequila is a Season 4 character. The last new character to ever be revealed for Rose Guns Days.

Speaking of which, today 07th Expansion has reported that the Last Season master version has been completed so January 13th is the date. Now I just hope the mail delivers as speedily at my new address as they did with my old one because it sure was nice getting 07th Expansion's new releases literally as fast as they could possibly arrive at my doorstep.
Old 2014-01-03, 11:28   Link #630
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Actually, Tequila is a Season 4 character. The last new character to ever be revealed for Rose Guns Days.
Wait... Tequila is actually a guy's name??? O.o
Since it's Ryukishi we're talking about, I expected perhaps a bar girl with physically absurd breasts, wearing an insane (and over the top revealing), yet gorgeous, outfit but I just visited their site, turns out I was wrong :heh
(EDIT: Wait... I only just noticed I was describing Stella)

I think his body is just copy-pasted off one of the thugs, but like all Ryukishi's sprites it really makes me curious what role he is going to play in the story.

It's tough to be blue...

Last edited by Captain Bluebeard; 2014-01-03 at 11:39.
Old 2014-01-14, 17:14   Link #631
RivalNightmare

So, uh. Question. I'm pretty confused on Season 2 here... I know it features things from Season 1, and 2. I do own Season 1 and have read it, but people say there are more chapters...?

I did unlock "Season 2 " because I naturally thought that is what I'm to use, but am I actually supposed to go into the "Season 1" option and start from some chapter there...?
RivalNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 19:43   Link #632
TW25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivalNightmare View Post
So, uh. Question. I'm pretty confused on Season 2 here... I know it features things from Season 1, and 2. I do own Season 1 and have read it, but people say there are more chapters...?

I did unlock "Season 2 " because I naturally thought that is what I'm to use, but am I actually supposed to go into the "Season 1" option and start from some chapter there...?
Nope, you've done the right thing by unlocking Season 2. When you click Start, the Seasons menu displays Rose Guns Days content as it was released. So Season 1 contains the original material from August 2012, Season 2 contains all the new chapters from December 2012, Season 3 contains the new stuff from August 2013, and Last Season is self-explanatory.

The storylines of each year are referred to as seasons as well, but it might be easier to think of them as the in-game years. So what you get when you play Season 2 is the end of the 1947 storyline (aka season 1) and the beginning of the 1948 storyline (aka season 2). So the beginning of Season 2 that concludes 1947 encompasses the new chapters you've heard about.
Old 2014-01-15, 01:04   Link #633
RivalNightmare

Quote:
Nope, you've done the right thing by unlocking Season 2. When you click Start, the Seasons menu displays Rose Guns Days content as it was released. So Season 1 contains the original material from August 2012, Season 2 contains all the new chapters from December 2012, Season 3 contains the new stuff from August 2013, and Last Season is self-explanatory.

The storylines of each year are referred to as seasons as well, but it might be easier to think of them as the in-game years. So what you get when you play Season 2 is the end of the 1947 storyline (aka season 1) and the beginning of the 1948 storyline (aka season 2). So the beginning of Season 2 that concludes 1947 encompasses the new chapters you've heard about.
Thank you, that cleared up my confusion.

Oh, right. Does Season 3/Last Season also include all the other games? (Not that it matters, as I will buy all Seasons physically because of collector reasons, but so that I can recommend it to friends easier.)
RivalNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 15:48   Link #634
Dr. Casey

It's January 15th, Rose Guns Days IV been released yet?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 17:21   Link #635
TW25

Quote:
Does Season 3/Last Season also include all the other games? (Not that it matters, as I will buy all Seasons physically because of collector reasons, but so that I can recommend it to friends easier.)
Yup. Each release contains all previous releases.

Quote:
It's January 15th, Rose Guns Days IV been released yet?
Yup, it was released on Monday. I've also heard very good things about it.
Old 2014-01-15, 18:04   Link #636
InternHertz
.lone.....

My copy has been shipped. Can't wait to receive it

And I really hope we'll see a Last Season compatible patch for Seasons 1&2's translation in the not too far future.
I only read the demo way back when the first season wasn't even out and I loved the cr*p out of it. Why then haven't I gone ahead and read the translations yet? I wanted to get a more "complete" package before I jumped in. Specially since there are more chapters for the former season in consecutive games.

Well now that Last Season is out and almost in my hands, I'd be really glad to begin reading.
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 19:51   Link #637
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Hey
Where did you guys buy the last season?

I tried amiami but it's sold out
wtf

Is there any other places selling it?
Old 2014-01-19, 19:16   Link #638
TW25

I don't know how many people have gotten their copies yet, but without even installing the game there's something fun that can be noticed.

Spoiler for Fun:
Old 2014-01-22, 09:52   Link #639
InternHertz
.lone.....

Haha, nice one TW25.

I just got my copy today anyway! For some reason they sent me the game via EMS even though I opted for normal shipping, that's why I got it so fast. Thankfully I got no customs to pay.
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 10:18   Link #640
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Rose Guns Days Season 3 Translation Status: 60%

We are planning to include it in our upcoming Last Season compatibility patch. That said, we are not ready for any installer whatsoever, so it is possible it will require a little more time or we will simply release the manual patch beforehand.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-01-23 at 12:14.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel