AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-09-27, 16:02   Link #81
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Sorry Laius. No food for you! lol
^I wonder if the Dark Elf will play an important role later since he was protecting the Royals?
Or poisoning them.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-27, 16:58   Link #82
marvelB

Oh, that Laius and his shenanigans! It's just too bad that painting food's just that.... a painting.

And yeah, I'm also pretty sure the history shown in those paintings will become relevant later on. Perhaps that elf could be the one who created the dungeon....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 04:59   Link #83
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or poisoning them.
The elf remember seeing Laius at both the prince's birth and the King's death and suspected he might be someway involved when he appeared during the prince's coronation as the new King.
Old 2015-09-28, 09:54   Link #84
NWJY
Newbei Enter

Too bad when he eat the food it just still dont fill him in reality ....
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 10:44   Link #85
James Rye

It would be good to know which king it was who promised whoever slay the evil magician would become king of his kingdom. Was it Derghal or his son or his grandson? Probably Derghal but then the question is who's the magician and why he did this to Dhergal and his kingdom.

I doubt the Jester dark elf is behind this, dunno why, but it just feels like the dark elf truly loved the royal family or at least his highness too mucht to do something so cruel. Now if Derghal had murdered his father I could see her doing this but why should he? His old man truly was old, no need to murder anybody.

This chapter was all about the background story of this kingdom turned dungeoun, the hungry and food part was just a mean to gt into that story no matter how silly it sounded to eat food from a magical painting. Nice try though, Laius. XD
Old 2015-09-28, 13:57   Link #86
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
The elf remember seeing Laius at both the prince's birth and the King's death and suspected he might be someway involved when he appeared during the prince's coronation as the new King.
I know, but is she suspicious of Laios because she wants to protect the royals, or because she doesn't want competition?
Old 2015-09-28, 16:39   Link #87
marvelB

Well, whether that elf is the dungeon master or not, there's no question that something's up with him since he was the only one to recognize Laius as an outsider. There's definitely a chance that Laius' party will meet him again.... and not necessarily through the paintings, I think.

Also, I wonder if it's truly necessary to go to the lower levels to find new sources of food? Couldn't they just backtrack to the upper levels instead? Maybe catch a few more basilisks to roast? I don't think a return trip should take as long as the journey downwards....
Old 2015-09-29, 05:18   Link #88
kaikalaila

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Also, I wonder if it's truly necessary to go to the lower levels to find new sources of food? Couldn't they just backtrack to the upper levels instead? Maybe catch a few more basilisks to roast? I don't think a return trip should take as long as the journey downwards....
They are running out of resources to handle the Ghost mob and also time is at the essence since they will have to g through alot of things.
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 10:15   Link #89
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Sorry Laius. No food for you! lol
^I wonder if the Dark Elf will play an important role later since he was protecting the Royals?
If it can't be eaten...it's not important
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 22:12   Link #90
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikalaila View Post
They are running out of resources to handle the Ghost mob and also time is at the essence since they will have to g through alot of things.

Well, I know that there's a time limit and all, but I figured that a return trip might still be possible since they already took the time to brave through a bunch of the dungeon's dangers already, so they'd know how to deal with them faster. But that's a good point about the limited resources, though (and not just for the ghosts, but future monsters/traps, as well. And I suppose even depending on the dungeon itself would have its limits....). Eh, too bad the party doesn't seem to have a teleport spell on hand.... that would make things infinitely more convenient.
Old 2015-10-03, 07:19   Link #91
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

ch13:

I thought the bit in the end was absolutely hilarious. And Marsille's got a caring onee-san side!
Old 2015-10-03, 07:36   Link #92
NWJY
Newbei Enter

Chp 13 make me suddenly crave for crab or lobster dish
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 10:46   Link #93
kaikalaila

CH 13. Laius you pervert and the youngest member?
Treasure bug > Mimic
Spoiler for Mimic Crate?:
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 11:27   Link #94
marvelB

Isn't Chilchak a hobbit? If so, then he should still have a longer lifespan than regular humans, anyway. And if that's the case, Senshi and Marsilla are being jerks to the poor fella....

Anyways, I love how he figured straight away that Laius and Senshi would want to eat that mimic. And yeah, I also think that first box was another mimic that was already eaten by treasure bugs. Maybe the second mimic didn't get eaten by them because it was stronger or not as easily detected or something.
Old 2015-10-03, 11:42   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Then why weren't there more bugs?
Old 2015-10-03, 11:48   Link #96
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Poor ChikChalk. Them Elves and Dwarves not respecting a young hobbit.
So Mimics are crabs.
Now i want to eat crab meat sushi.
Old 2015-10-03, 12:11   Link #97
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Then why weren't there more bugs?

*Shrug* Maybe another monster or party of adventurers ate them?
Old 2015-10-03, 13:21   Link #98
bakato

Fascinating. The author's got some great ideas.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 15:44   Link #99
James Rye

I would totally watch a documentation about dungeon ecology!!! <3

I laughed so hard at the "M-Mr. Chilchack" part I fell from the chair! XD
And Marsilla and Senshi STILL keeps treating him as a child, heck, Senshi even sees him as a little child with "only" 29 years on his clock! Just how old are those two? XD

Seems DM is really well liked in japan and amongst fanartists as well. It got a lot of fanart, mostly of Marsilla, and even doujinshis out already. I hope this means that maybe in a year or two we gonna get a DM anime! I'd love to hear those 4 being voiced! <3
Old 2015-10-04, 15:03   Link #100
Xacual

Some people suggested the mimic might have originally been in the crate but since it grew larger it moved to the cabinet.

Also it depends on the universe but hobbits/halflings can have varying ages. Usually they live at least human ages though. No where near as long lived as dwarves or elves though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, cooking, dungeons, fantasy