AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-08-07, 06:19   Link #1
Dragonria

Id-0 [anticipation]

『All memories exist with “I-Machines”.』

A new original anime directed by Goro Taniguchi at Sanzigen Animation studio and produced by World Cosplay Sumitt.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Staff:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dragonria; 2016-08-07 at 06:47.
Old 2016-08-07, 09:38   Link #2
bastek66

I really hope characters will be in 2D. I don't want to see Renge Murata's designs ruined by ugly CGI. Otherwise it will end up just like Bubuki Buranki in terms of popularity.
Old 2016-08-07, 14:07   Link #3
Fairy Water

WCS? Why? What's their motive with making a mecha anime?
I hope it's not full CGI as well. I can stand the mecha but not the characters.

And the caption... Could it be the cliche losing memory of the pilot?
Old 2016-08-07, 15:06   Link #4
D-Joe

Sanzigen=full CG.
Old 2016-08-07, 23:16   Link #5
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Taniguchi and Kuroda teaming up immediately brought Infinite Ryvius to mind, which was a terrific show. Here's hoping this can live up to that one. If it's half as good as Ryvius I'm already going to be quite pleased.
Old 2016-08-08, 01:26   Link #6
konart

It has Range Murata - so I'm in, whatever it will be.
Old 2016-08-08, 06:35   Link #7
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

if the characters were somehow in CG instead of 2D, let's just hope its somehow way better than Knights of Sidonia's & Ajin: Demi Human's that was adapted by Polygon Pictures.
(to be fair their CG for the Transformers series was sort of good)
Old 2016-08-08, 10:46   Link #8
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

You know, Bubuki Buranki had problems and I never did finish it. But I actually thought the CG was about the best of any full-CGI TV anime I've seen - the issues were with the writing.
Old 2016-08-08, 11:51   Link #9
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Taniguchi and Kuroda teaming up immediately brought Infinite Ryvius to mind, which was a terrific show. Here's hoping this can live up to that one. If it's half as good as Ryvius I'm already going to be quite pleased.
Ryvius was a great show that deserves more credit than it gets... but I'm not holding my breath here.

Also, I'm very ambivalent on Murata, I like his male designs but something tells me this show will feature the female character designs more heavily, and those are, not really my cup of tea. (Although what with this show being produced by the World Cosplay Summit I imagine they at least won't be all loli, and will at least wear actual clothes, maybe. )
Old 2016-08-09, 23:27   Link #10
BPD Renegade

Oh, Kuroda? If he's at the helm of a serious mecha, I guess I'll give it a shot. To this day, I still wonder what the original ending for Gundam 00 was supposed to be before it got screwed over by its movie announcement. I recall hearing rumors that Kuroda cried when he had to rewrite the end of the series due to the movie suddenly getting the green light.
Old 2016-11-11, 14:38   Link #11
Pierre

I was slightly hoping this was an anime for ID, but if Range Murata is involved this has potential.
Old 2016-11-11, 16:09   Link #12
IceHism

Im pretty sure the issue with bubuki buranki is the terrible artstyle and designs. I couldnt get past that.
Old 2016-11-12, 03:12   Link #13
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

World Cosplay Summit.....

Why them of all people....?
Old 2017-02-19, 01:26   Link #14
D-Joe

Spring 2017
PV1

End up way different than we thought.
http://id-zero.com/
Old 2017-02-19, 01:49   Link #15
moodie

Surprisingly looks good. Ive become a fan of full cg anime more and more. I dont mind a future like this as it improves.
Old 2017-02-19, 03:28   Link #16
D-Joe

Here is the summary from official site, translate by 4chan.
http://pastebin.com/Nwb12EH0

Quote:
The ‘MIND TRANCE’ SF produced by Goro Taniguchi, Yosuke Kuroda and Sanzigen is opening here for the world!

“I-Machines” are a catch-all term for large robots to perform work in harsh environments. Academy student Maya Mikuri runs into an accident while handling some I-Machine work—only to be rescued, still in I-Machine form, by a ship from Escavate, an Orichalt excavation firm and de-facto band of pirates. There, she finds herself forced to work as part of their crew...
ID-0 is a robotic-action show like nothing before, set in the far reaches of deep space. It’s the latest team-up between Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion director Goro Taniguchi and Mobile Suit Gundam 00 writer Yosuke Kuroda.
Character concepts are provided by Last Exile’s Range Murata, while Gundam 00’s Kanetake Ebikawa is handling mechanical designs. The producer is Sanzigen, known for their heavily-praised work in cel-like 3DCG. Together, they’re ready to offer a full-3DCG experience, featuring charming characters, amazing I-Machines, and a deep-space spectacle like none seen before.
And as she works with the crew—each with their own idiosyncrasies—Maya will learn what being “human” really means.

Is it hope, or despair hiding in the lost memories?
Old 2017-02-19, 03:43   Link #17
ramlaen

I am not the biggest CG fan but Sanzigen improved significantly with the second season of Bubuki Buranki.

The translated summary and character bio's make me think humans can transfer their consciousness to the I-Machines.
Old 2017-02-19, 05:11   Link #18
D-Joe

More details from ANN.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...emiere/.112425
Old 2017-02-19, 10:04   Link #19
HighGuard

Suddenly Ive become a lot less intrested.....
Old 2017-02-19, 13:30   Link #20
Xander

Based on the translated plot summary posted above, it sounds like the newest promotional video is trying to hide the true nature of the story (sort of like what happened with Madoka, just less extreme). If that is the case, then I am very interested in seeing where they will go with it.
Closed Thread

Tags
3dcg, mecha