AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2007-02-23, 16:50   Link #41
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Well, that's not including Shana vol.0 (between vol.9 and 10) and vol.S (between vol.12 and 13), so it's really 16 volumes out so far. ^^;
Uwa, okay, Ive put them in my cart so i will remember that.
I wouldnt have know about those extra books, because I havent been following it from the beginning.

Thank you for the heads up, I really appreciate it.
Im thinking how confused I would have been in ZNT volume 10 if I hadnt read the tabasa gaiden.

Quote:
As for the novel development, I generally find the novel reading experience more rewarding if you don't know the story beforehand (although the same could be said for the reverse).
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.
Of the two, I think I like reading the novel first better myself.

For one thing, I would have never ever read the karin manga if I saw the terrible anime adaption first, but its one of my favorite manga.

OTOH, the suzumiya haruhi anime was so well done, its hard to get any motivation up to read tho novel. version. What motivated me to read shana (besides running out of zero) was the terrible ending of the anime, and the sense that there was some more development for Yuuji. I mean, he was just barely starting to get strong when the series ended. And there had been no resolution of the whole love story. There must be more. I hope I have time to catch up before a second season starts. Such a mountain of text to read.

Quote:

*tries to bring topic back to Zero*
Generally though, I don't think "rushing" is nearly as bad as "skipping". Although the first season had to go into fast forward mode near the end, at least they covered the events relatively accurately. It's the "man, I wish they didn't cut that scene out" that hurts the anime's rating more.
Spoiler for from vol.2:

All this talk is making me anxious for the second season again. Give me some Siesta-on-Saito action already!
Hrm, rushing and skipping both bother me alot. I was real disappointed in the anime's ending streak.
but also:
Spoiler:

If there is a second season, I will definitely watch it though. The animation and voices were well done.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 22:25   Link #42
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

News about the second season were posted on MOON PHASE.

In point form:

- Production of second season officially began in Winter.
- Second season will cover events past vol.4.
- There are plans to mix in original contents while reconstructing the original novel into animation to add some variety.
- More "pinked haired persons".
- "That" gunner makes an appearance.
- Other new characters as well.
- Will be revealed at the Tokyo International Anime Fair 2007 (as in official media, new animation footages).
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 00:02   Link #43
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
- There are plans to mix in original contents while reconstructing the original novel into animation to add some variety.

Has there ever been "original content" that made a show better rather than worse?

If they have a side-show umi or onsen episode as an excuse to show everyone in their swim suits, thats tolerable, but not if they try to mess up the real story...
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 01:02   Link #44
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Finally Some news about season!!!
---
- Production of second season officially began in Winter.
Winter 2006? then does this mean it wont come out for a long time?
- Second season will cover events past vol.4.
Past vol 4? Vol 4 not included? what was vol 4 anyways >.>

- Will be revealed at the Tokyo International Anime Fair 2007 (as in official media, new animation footages).
when is this TIA07?

------------------
I dont mind the "original content" as long as it is good as the first season. But they HAVE to keep that awesome Lake/Fireplace scenes .

*/me cant wait for more pink haired persons xD
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 11:30   Link #45
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Winter 2006? then does this mean it wont come out for a long time?
Not really, animes are usually aired as they are being made, so it's not as time consuming as you would think. If the production began a few months ago, then that means it might be out for a Fall (maybe even Summer) 2007 airing.
Quote:
Past vol 4? Vol 4 not included? what was vol 4 anyways >.>
Save for some comedy shorts such as the love potion fiasco, vol.4 is primarily a story with a tragic theme circling around Henrietta and Wales (yes, he makes a come back... in a bad way). It gets really melodramatic at points, but in a good sense. Vol.4 is also a very important volume, since it also provides the reason for the eventual war that will occur in vol.6.

However, I won't say it's critical though. If they want to cut vol.4 out so they can concentrate on the later volumes, I say go ahead.

Quote:
when is this TIA07?
The fair runs from March 22nd to 25th at the Tokyo Big Sight.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 18:27   Link #46
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Not really, animes are usually aired as they are being made, so it's not as time consuming as you would think. If the production began a few months ago, then that means it might be out for a Fall (maybe even Summer) 2007 airing
somehow i had a mindset that it would take 1-2 years lol.... i would bet that it will come out Fall 07 then

btw, do you happen to have one of those neat summeries for vol 4, that may have been written a while back? plz post link if you do, thank you
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 10:02   Link #47
Question
Crossdresser

I hope we get to see the stella x saito x louise in full swing during season 2
Old 2007-03-06, 23:29   Link #48
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

so....any words on second season?
Old 2007-03-07, 14:37   Link #49
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Don't even start looking untill summerish.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 12:03   Link #50
Danny_river
Kanon Fotter!

More news from Noboru Yamaguchi. in a recent press interview he revieled that Satio and Siesta's relationship will take a more romantic turn near the end of the 2nd season. saying that he wanted the anime story to go diffrently than the novel.
Danny_river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 13:20   Link #51
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Ouch, poor Louis.
Old 2007-03-15, 13:33   Link #52
Danny_river
Kanon Fotter!

I think it has to do with Louise has to stay in her world and Siesta wants to go back with Satio to her grandfather's world.

I have a friend from Japan and he translated the news from here!

http://www.jcstaff.co.jp/sho-sai/zer...zero-index.htm

From what was told Noboru Yamaguchi wanted the Novel, anime, and manga to all end in different ways. The Novel would be the Satio/Louise pairing, the anime would be the Satio/Siesta pairing, and the manga has yet to be determined. i guess something similar to how the Shuffle anime and manga ended different ways.
Old 2007-03-15, 13:34   Link #53
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

yea ouch, maybe it is done to please Siesta x Saito fans
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 14:51   Link #54
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_river View Post
I have a friend from Japan and he translated the news from here!

http://www.jcstaff.co.jp/sho-sai/zer...zero-index.htm
You sure that's the right link? There's nothing on there that talks about the second season that I can see. It'd be interesting to see the novels, anime, and manga go in their own directions, though.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 17:49   Link #55
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well I will be watching the anime and reading the novel. I like bothg Louise and Saito. Not like where you like one and hate the other. I like them both.
Old 2007-03-15, 18:40   Link #56
Danny_river
Kanon Fotter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You sure that's the right link? There's nothing on there that talks about the second season that I can see. It'd be interesting to see the novels, anime, and manga go in their own directions, though.
Yes I'm sure it's there. My friend pointed out for me.
Old 2007-03-15, 20:19   Link #57
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_river View Post
Yes I'm sure it's there. My friend pointed out for me.
Well, okay -- they must have taken it down, then.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 20:33   Link #58
-Breakthrough-

Anime~For SaitoxSiesta?! Me likey ^__^
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 20:46   Link #59
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah I won't mind a Saito, its just in the anime he has kissed Louise twice(Real meaning kiss) and not even done anything like that with Saito. So he is really gonna break Louise's heart. I mean he went and saved her from bad marriage, got her in the A6M and all. Gonna be a drastic turn. Unless they do a "He trys for Saito throughout the series then at the end he realizes his feelings for Louise type things"

Don't get me wrong, I like Saito too, just seems the show is far ahead with Louise to turn into Saito.
Old 2007-03-16, 07:07   Link #60
Danny_river
Kanon Fotter!

Well the 1st season was about developing Satio and Louises partnership, the 2nd season is supposed to fouse a little more on Satio's love intrest.

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, tsundere