AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-06-30, 23:21   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

How difficult would this be to make into a manga?

Just thought I'd bounce this off you guys and see what you thought. I'm working on a sci-fi fantasy novel (my strength is in writing, not drawing, regrettably enough) about a group of teenagers who secretly are specimens but don't know it. They're trying to build a flying boat to take one of them to what they believe is "the end of the world." But there are aliens bent on stopping them from doing that and keeping them as perfect little self contained and unspoiled specimens. The novel is called "The Specimen" and is currently being released a chapter a week on my website.

So my question is this. How hard would it be to turn this into a manga? There's times when there's a lot of dialog, and then there's times when there's a lot of action, but almost no dialog. I think it would look neat as a manga, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to do, if it would even be possible, or if anyone would even be interested in doing it. Your thoughts are welcome.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 01:29   Link #2
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
It depends on your skill level, think you should have someone to do it if you aren't too good. Since it is a sci-fi fantasy the background will prove to be extremely hard to draw since there is hell to it, depending on how you want it too look; uniforms and all that stuff will vary the difficulties. It really just depends.
Old 2008-07-01, 11:00   Link #3
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hmm, well, it would be interesting if someone were willing to try it. I could also simplify things a bit and leave some of the character design, clothing, etc up to the artist. That way the only real restrictions they'd have is just the things that are explicitly outlined in the story as looking a certain way. Otherwise I think it might be fun to see what an artist would picture that world to be like.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote