AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-16, 12:04   Link #61
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Next Splash Cover Page Mini-Story: Akainu's journey through the center of the Earth .

Man, would that be awesome.....

So anyways, it's cool to finally learn about Blackbeard's new crewmembers. I'm glad to learn that Catarina's not young (partially because if she were, about half of the fandom would be clamoring for her to join Luffy's crew ). And it looks like we were also right in assuming that San Juan Wolf was a giant (but around the size of Oz/Oars? I hope this means that we'll have the first giant character in the series who can actually put up a decent fight for a change.....). Basco Shot already sounds awesome, and yes, I'm fully expecting him to be Sanji's opponent (maybe he's a master of drunken Ramen Kenpo). Still, that second summary didn't say anything about the fifth member, so now we just have to wait for the pics for confirmation......

Anyways, it's pretty crazy to learn about Akainu burning off half of Whitebeard's face during their fight (as well as him falling into the fissure that Whitebeard created). I'm not really surprised that Marineford was split apart by Whitebeard's attack, since I expected him to pretty much vaporize the whole place, anyway. However, I still feel pretty sure that Akainu isn't quite down for the count, yet. Heh, maybe he'll climb back out of that fissure as a giant magma monster or something (recall I made a joke about Akainu having that particular "Awakened" form a couple chapters back )........
Old 2010-02-16, 12:58   Link #62
striderm
Adusa #1

Old 2010-02-16, 13:26   Link #63
marvelB

^More like:

Old 2010-02-16, 13:47   Link #64
Nightmare-Kun
The Nightmare Begins...

well when matching the blackbeard pirates vs the strawhats my guess is that usopp will face
the horse stronger with chopper facing the doc in a tag team like they did in arabasta
the 3 new characters do sound interesting
and i do wonder if they show the mysterious characters face or hide him under a cloak? guess ill have to wait for the pics to come out of just the chapter all together
Old 2010-02-16, 13:54   Link #65
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Ussop's opponent is most certainly Van Auger, the sniper.

And their duel probably involves sniping each other from beyond the horizon, across an entire island, or even across the ocean. Its going to be the largest battle ground in the entire series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-02-16, 14:32   Link #66
seiji_kun

Finally WB's last stand is starting and it looks like he'll meet everyones expectations. Can't wait to see the beating he delivered on Akainu. Though seems he just got rid of him rather then knocked him out. And guess hoping he would survive now that Ace died seems futile, having half his face taken out and BB appearing doesn't make his odds look good. But hey, I thougth Ace dieing was a real, real small chance and after he got freed I thougth 100% he'd survive, so don't refrain shocking me twice Oda with keeping WB alive.

Blackbeard is stealing the spotlight, having his own Oars. Damn cool, though if he is Chopper's monster point opponent he should still be a little smaller not cause monster point Chopper didn't look that big. Didn't expect Catherina to be a babe cause it wouldn't fit BB's crew. Not like the crew has any bishonens in it (and please no-one say Lafitte).
Old 2010-02-16, 15:09   Link #67
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Not like the crew has any bishonens in it (and please no-one say Lafitte).

Now, now, even if Blackbeard's crew doesn't have any pretty boys, that doesn't stop them from being a group of absolutely smexy beasts! Why, just look at Jesus Burgess.... that mask of his adds just the right touch of mystery to his rugged manliness! It's just that the vast majority of the fandom are too accustomed to androgynous girly-men like Sanji, Ace, and Shanks to appreciate the mannish good looks of guys like Burgess and Blackbeard himself......

(BTW, I really do mean what I said, in a completely non-gay way. )
Old 2010-02-16, 15:20   Link #68
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

it's good that the admirals can compete against WB, the way the story has been so far everyone seems to make WB out to be invincible
Old 2010-02-16, 15:35   Link #69
Nightmare-Kun
The Nightmare Begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Ussop's opponent is most certainly Van Auger, the sniper.

And their duel probably involves sniping each other from beyond the horizon, across an entire island, or even across the ocean. Its going to be the largest battle ground in the entire series.
*facedesks*

you're right
i forgot all about that guy :[

i did like that idea someone said about ace having a kid
that would be a interesting storyline in my opinion

no chapter next week dont know how ill survive

hopefully one piece doesnt go down a darker road because i actually enjoy
all the laughs it brings
Old 2010-02-16, 15:47   Link #70
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
it's good that the admirals can compete against WB, the way the story has been so far everyone seems to make WB out to be invincible
Compete against yes but they def can't top WB, don't forget WB is fatally injuried right now.
Old 2010-02-16, 16:25   Link #71
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

So, the three new characters are most likely Catarina, Volf and Busco. They pretty match the descriptions, a woman worthy of being named and prisoned, a guy with a name colossal attached in front, and a heavy drinker.... I wonder how they look like...
Old 2010-02-16, 17:23   Link #72
Lightmgl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I think it's unlikely that Bon Clay is going to be the next addition to the crew, since he's basically the same type of fighter Sanji is. The others you mentioned are all possible, but far too vague for a real guess, yet.

I think Jinbei might be the tenth man. He doesn't have a goal in life anymore, so he might find a new reason in the strawhat crew. Also his powers are pretty unique and unrivaled by the other strawhats (in terms of types), plus they could need a fishman if they want to accomplish something in fishman island (if they still plan on heading there).
I'm with you about Jinbei, even if its even just temporarily. Hes already made it quite clear he has a huge debt to repay to Luffy and also a powerful bond with Luffy's brother.

I wonder what the actual "position" on the crew would be. What is the Straw Hat crew missing that would make sense on a ship and who could fulfill that position?

Maybe he can pull some fishman affirmative action.
Old 2010-02-16, 17:50   Link #73
james0246

Jinbei joining the Strawhats? That seems very unlikely, especially considering that Jinbei was just cooked and served last chapter . Seriously though, Jinbei is too strong for the current Strawhats (as is Boa, which is the main reason I do not want her to join). (The general rule of thumb for the Strawhats, is that no one is stronger than Luffy (you can make an argument for Zoro being equal, but you can't really claim he is stronger), and Jinbei is undoubtedly stronger than the current Luffy.)
Old 2010-02-16, 17:53   Link #74
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I think it's unlikely that Bon Clay is going to be the next addition to the crew, since he's basically the same type of fighter Sanji is.
Bon Clay is the DF master of disguise, he could have many creative battles ahead without having to use Sanji's falcon kick.
Old 2010-02-16, 18:01   Link #75
james0246

^Bon Clay's only purpose would be to show Nami's breasts to the audience...

Besides, he has to go back to Okama Island, fight a okama dragon, and assume the okama throne, all as predicted by an ancient okama prophecy...(fyi, this si the next cover page mini-story.)
Old 2010-02-16, 18:23   Link #76
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I don't think anyone is going to join the strawhats, not when everyone is currently missing. But until everyone gathers, Luffy will have some temporary people joining him, starting with Iva and Inazuma (until they get join with Dragon, Robin is with them so the connection will somehow happen). Then probably, Crocodile. If Crocodile wants to decide to join Dragon once again, he will probably be welcomed by Iva. Considering Blackbeard got rid of Magellan, include Bon Clay among them too. There may even be a place for Mr. 3, considering his help so many times during the last arc, despite his obvious shortcomings.

Also, I think Ace's death will be sufficient for now. Jinbei may be thankful for that, since his survival depends on that. If that would be the case, Jinbei may join Strawhats just to make sure he is okay and of course not to also waste the efforts Whitebeard and Ace went through.

Anyways, there are so many possibilities. I am eagerly waiting to see what kind of approach Oda will take for the next step.

The funny question would be what Buggy will do.
Old 2010-02-16, 18:24   Link #77
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
What makes you think Jinbei is "undoubtedly stronger" than Luffy? I don't see it.
Old 2010-02-16, 18:32   Link #78
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
What makes you think Jinbei is "undoubtedly stronger" than Luffy? I don't see it.
Jinbei has a strength different than Luffy's. He is a creature of the sea. And, in the sea, it is pretty much obvious who the stronger one is. In the land, unless Haki is involved, I say, they are pretty much even (even though you cannot directly compare one character to another's metrics, but if Jinbei is very close to Ace in terms of strength, then Luffy needs some more upgrades to his powers to reach that level).
Old 2010-02-16, 19:18   Link #79
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Jinbei joining the Strawhats? That seems very unlikely, especially considering that Jinbei was just cooked and served last chapter . Seriously though, Jinbei is too strong for the current Strawhats (as is Boa, which is the main reason I do not want her to join). (The general rule of thumb for the Strawhats, is that no one is stronger than Luffy (you can make an argument for Zoro being equal, but you can't really claim he is stronger), and Jinbei is undoubtedly stronger than the current Luffy.)
Hasn't Oda stated somewhere that Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji are solidified as the three strongest, in that order, and will always be that way?

I personally don't think that works even for a second, not with Robin around. I still feel that she can make short work out of everyone on the crew, but there's no need to go into that.

I think if Oda downplays Boa's strength like he does with Robin, Boa still has a legitimate shot at joining. Of course, I'm going to say she has a legitimate shot no matter what happens until someone else joins and the crew recruit is officially closed. xD
Old 2010-02-16, 19:20   Link #80
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
The funny question would be what Buggy will do.

Well first off, I think it goes without question that he'll get a huge bounty raise (I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-300 million would be about right). After all, the marines clearly pinpointed him as Luffy's accomplice in that most epic of jailbreaks (and even identified him as a former member of Roger's crew). Of course, his ill-gotten reputation will rise further thanks to his fanatical followers, and I still think there's a good chance he may end up taking Whitebeard's place as an emperor, or at least becomes the unofficial fifth emperor (just in case Teach is the one to take Whitebeard's place, of course). I'm still expecting Buggy's old crew to reunite with him at some point, but it'll most likely happen long after the madness at Marineford is over and done with (hopefully, they'll have ditched Alvida by then....). I don't know if his followers will become part of his crew as well, but at the very least I'd like to see Mr. 3 stick with him, as I think the two of them make a great team (and the two of them are obsessed with treasure/wealth, anyhow).

And of course, Buggy will continue his hunt for Captain John's treasure, never knowing another day of peace thanks to the relentless government forces/pirates who will hunt him down due to all the infamy he's gained. I reckon we'll see more of Buggy's wacky misadventures in a future ministory.
Closed Thread