Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-05-12, 01:16   Link #101
Aurora
Just visiting...

Send a message via AIM to Aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmcben
Could you tell me which manga volume will be equal in story of those in eps 1-52? I'm going to check out those volumes and continue watching eps 53-102. ^_^

BTW I heard that there's only 10 volumes? 10 volumes = 102 eps... hmmm... ???
There is a lot of filler in the anime. I haven't seen past the elementary arc of the anime, so I can't tell you where to stop reading. I had the opposite problem, I saw the first half of the series and wanted to watch the rest but 'settled' for the manga instead. I ended up enjoying the last half of the manga so much I went back and bought/read the first half. I can say now that I enjoy the manga as much, if not more, than the anime.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 02:55   Link #102
lgmcben

Thanks

But I think I figured it out on where to stop reading. I heard that Eps 53 started when the main characters attend junior highschool, right? Then I think I'll just stop reading when they finished primary school.

So this is one of those titles that manga version is superior to anime? hmm.. I just finished Fruits basket anime and can confidently say that it's superior to manga in terms of enjoyment(it made me laughing non-stop). Actually I'm interested in Kodocha because people says it reminds them of Fruits basket ^_^
lgmcben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 08:56   Link #103
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
You should absolutely not watch the second half of the series before the first half.

So, to avoid the temptation to do so, I suggest that you sent me your copies of the show, and I will keep them safe for you.

(The fact that I have only seen the first half and would love to see the rest, has absolutely no bearing on this at all.)
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 15:47   Link #104
lgmcben

Now I just finished reading the manga at the point when they r starting middle school. I believe eps 53 in the anime start at this point, right? It was only 4 volumes of manga which is equal to eps 1-52 of anime??? I've a feeling that I just missed many important story points. Or I just missed many filler eps???
lgmcben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 06:09   Link #105
Aurora
Just visiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmcben
Or I just missed many filler eps???

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, the anime is full of filler. You still get the same story in the manga, just without all the extra fluff.

I saw the first 25 eps, then read the entire manga series, then watched through to the end of primary school. I am afraid to see what filler they add to the last half of the series, I am worried it could ruin the story to some degree. I know there were filler episodes in the first 50 eps that I could have done without
Old 2004-05-19, 12:46   Link #106
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora
Yes, as I mentioned earlier, the anime is full of filler. You still get the same story in the manga, just without all the extra fluff.

I saw the first 25 eps, then read the entire manga series, then watched through to the end of primary school. I am afraid to see what filler they add to the last half of the series, I am worried it could ruin the story to some degree. I know there were filler episodes in the first 50 eps that I could have done without
I've seen the entire series and i thought it was really good! Once they got out of primary school things changed abit!( the pace ) there was more drama than comedy. I had to have a box of tissues beside me... I know I'm sentimental. I Never read the manga so I really can't compare them. But I can say I that the second half does have some fillers. Kodomo no Omocha kinda reminds me of Marmalade Boy!! does anyone agree?
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 01:29   Link #107
Aurora
Just visiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
Kodomo no Omocha kinda reminds me of Marmalade Boy!! does anyone agree?
I'm such a wimp. I wanted to see Marmalade Boy very badly because of the comparisons to Kodocha, but since it was licensed with no forseeable release date I read the manga instead. Now I have the same problem I am having with Kodocha. From what I have heard the side stories in Marmalade Boy the anime are going to aggrivate me. I want to watch, but I am scared. A grown woman afraid of anime. I need therapy
Old 2004-05-24, 10:31   Link #108
Telzen

KTP should just start with 40. 1 - 39 are easy to get on kazaa but after that it's really hard to get the episodes.

edit: guess i should read the entire thread next time
Telzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 18:18   Link #109
SabrielArcher
Hajimemashite

Send a message via MSN to SabrielArcher Send a message via Yahoo to SabrielArcher
Unhappy *wails*

Erm, to answer your questions, I think the the fansubbing stopped back in April when the licensing of Kodocha by Funimation Inc was announced, and I think they're releasing the first batch of episodes next spring/summer [or so they're probably praying lol ]; if you want to get your hands on them for free, I don't see how I can help you, but you could do what I did and purchase the DVD sets [I've got 3 boxsets: 1-51, 52-78, 79-102]; most of the subbing is okay, though the end of the first boxset was absolutely incomprehensible [I think between eps. 39 or 40 to 51 it was terrible, mostly closer to 40; I had no idea what that entire story arc was talking about...grr... ]. *sigh* Lets cross our fingers and pray as well for a timely and successful outcome of the Funimation licensing...

Anyways, as I've just finished watching all 102 episodes, I've got to express my opinion...:

WHAT THE HECK WAS UP WITH THE END OF EPS. 102???????????????? DOES THE SERIES REALLY END THAT WAY??????????????? WHY??????????????? AND WHATS WITH THE TO-BE-UNFULFILLED END TEASERS??????????????????????? WHATS GOING ON????????????????????????????????????? Someone else who's seen it, PLEASE tell me what the heck the last few minutes of that episode was all about.......

~Sabriel~
SabrielArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 14:55   Link #110
Hoshino Hikari
<3

I started this series a long long time ago and never got to finish it.. I really want to finish it, it's a great series.. Does anybody know where I can download the series and/or buy it? I miss it, I want it very very badly and can't find any place to get it!
Hoshino Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 17:53   Link #111
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

According to AnimeOnDVD the first volume has been scheduled for June 26th, 2005.

Since it has been licensed, downloading of Kadocha are likely to make your feet smelly, cause you to become impotent and break out in hives.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-18, 23:09   Link #112
Fronzel
Schmuck

I wonder HOW they're going to release it. For some reason, I'm expecting Marmalade Boy style boxes.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 13:57   Link #113
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Has anyone else bought this one on DVD yet?

I thought the dubs for the most part are pretty good

I have (2) negative comments thus far:

(1) Original opening missing
obviously couldn't afford to buy the rights to whomever has it They used the second OP instead.

(2) Sana's VA-dub
She's pretty close to capturing the "true" Sana personia, however she does come across as slightly annoying, and I never had that feeling in the sub.

I highly recommend for anyone who loves this series to buy the Manga. I believe there are only 10 or 11 Volumes. I purchased Vol. 4 and UP.

The manga will help those who are in NEED of an ending (and a proper one at that-rare in anime at times!)
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 14:18   Link #114
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
I have (2) negative comments thus far:

(1) Original opening missing
obviously couldn't afford to buy the rights to whomever has it They used the second OP instead.
This was not a case of "Could not afford". This was a case of "Would not allow." Tokio would not allow FUNi to use any of their music or their likeness in the series.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 15:22   Link #115
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
This was not a case of "Could not afford". This was a case of "Would not allow." Tokio would not allow FUNi to use any of their music or their likeness in the series.
Domo, that was my other thought.

Yup, but it's the fans the suffer Thanks gosh it was only one song that was omitted.

If the music was created exclusively for Kodocha, I really don't understand not also allowing FUNi to have it..... however I'm not an artist so I can't even begin to understand.

Thank God for fansubs!

Music is so important to an anime, people may want to consider this before using certain artists....but that aside, I mean even IF One Piece had a great English dub, without the music, is still would so suck
Old 2006-01-30, 15:25   Link #116
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
(2) Sana's VA-dub
She's pretty close to capturing the "true" Sana personia, however she does come across as slightly annoying, and I never had that feeling in the sub.
Oh, she's quite annoying in the Japanese audio...

Quote:
If the music was created exclusively for Kodocha, I really don't understand not also allowing FUNi to have it..... however I'm not an artist so I can't even begin to understand.
The band just didn't want it in the US. Maybe they're just being old-fashioned <_<;
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 15:48   Link #117
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Oh, she's quite annoying in the Japanese audio...
The band just didn't want it in the US. Maybe they're just being old-fashioned <_<;
I had found her to be more Passionate, then annoying in the subs, but that's me I guess

It isn't annoying enough for me to stop buying the DVD's

Hayama's dance kick step was amusing in the old first animated OP also, so I miss seeing that.

I also bought BOTH the Kodocha OST's (yes, from proper local Japan importer), so the His music is in american anyways
Old 2006-01-31, 05:27   Link #118
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
I also bought BOTH the Kodocha OST's (yes, from proper local Japan importer), so the His music is in american anyways
Since you don't mind importing from Japan, you might want to see if Anime Jungle has used copies of the Japanese R2 DVDs of Kodocha. As far as I remember, they're rather cheap (comparatively). And if you're of the adventurous type, you can splice together the OP from the Japanese DVD with the episode from the English DVD and add in subtitles from Script Club or something for the opening song and then create your own personal DVD for viewing.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 10:09   Link #119
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
In my opinion, the Kodocha dub SUCKS not only for the bad voice acting but because it's edited!!
Example dialogue:
(Japanese)
Sana: Rei-kun, let's sleep together!
Rei: Ok.
Mama: Don't teach her anything more than a kiss on the cheek until she's out of grade school. *glare glare* (lol)

(English)
Sana: Rei, let's sleep together!
Mama: Rei, I don't want you two up dancing all night. *glare glare*

....ok so WTF!?

Anyone notice the blank spots in the dialogue because of copyright issues!? Sorry, I'm keeping my fansubs. :P To add, Babbit's voice is ATROCIOUS. I've never seen a non-televised series handled so badly! >_<
Old 2006-01-31, 16:26   Link #120
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
In my opinion, the Kodocha dub SUCKS not only for the bad voice acting but because it's edited!!
Example dialogue:
(English)
Sana: Rei, let's sleep together!
Mama: Rei, I don't want you two up dancing all night. *glare glare*

....ok so WTF!?

Anyone notice the blank spots in the dialogue because of copyright issues!? Sorry, I'm keeping my fansubs. :P To add, Babbit's voice is ATROCIOUS. I've never seen a non-televised series handled so badly! >_<
HAI, I was thinking it was just me, so thanks for the confirmation!

Agree! Babbito's voice....so HORRID!...

Zalas, if it were not for the fact that the "animepalace" store is less than a couple miles from my house, I would not be able to afford importing my "toys" and CD's I do love your idea of the mix, if I could manage it, but alas, I'll just watch my fansubs.

But seriously I feel like one of those dudes that when they marry one girl, only to find out after the wedding, lifting the veil, to see someone else.... Yikes! Missing a great OP song is heartbreaking!