AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2009-06-13, 13:50   Link #2021
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Basic anatomy 'baffles Britons'

Well that is rather embarrassing.
Huh. Weird. What surprises me is that the lungs seem to be tied for last place if you look at the graph. How can you not know where your lungs are? I mean, can't you feel them when you breathe? Same with the heart. On second thought, I guess you might confuse the lungs with the diaphragm... Either way, it's bizarre that more people know where the pancreas and gall bladder are than the lungs.

As for the back view of the kidneys, the kidneys are supposed to be in the back, so I guess it makes a bit more sense that way in terms of a medical diagram. And it shouldn't really matter anyway, since they're symmetrical.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 15:10   Link #2022
mg1942

Salon.com Editor-in-Chief Joan Walsh enters the no spin zone

Spoiler for .....see if she was able to maintain her composure~:
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 16:51   Link #2023
james0246

^LOL, it’s always funny when O'Reilly (or Hannity, or Beck, etc), simply blow up in indignation and apoplexy, and the guests just look at them with such pity in their eyes before expressing their viewpoints.

And then the end: "My constitutional rights say I can say what I say, you can say what you say, as vile as you say it, you can say it, and I would never condemn you for saying it. You are misguided; you have blood on your hands because you portrayed this man as a hero." It takes amazing hypocrisy to say you are not going to condemn someone for their opinion, and then condemn them for their opinion.

All in all, a truly hilarious pseudo-interview.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 10:42   Link #2024
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Hundreds of men vie to wed rich Korean
Quote:
Seoul (June 17): Almost 400 South Korean men have entered a competition to marry a businesswoman with a fortune worth about US$18 million.

The men were responding to an advert on the Sunoo matchmaking website. The woman, 49, is described by Sunoo as "elegant, slim, feminine and active" and is looking for a "soulmate".

Eight finalists have been chosen from the 394 applicants, aged 37 to 49, and include company employees, teachers and bank workers. "The bride prefers average but serious persons to high-flying professionals," a Sunoo spokeswoman said.

"She wants a soulmate with passion for life, who will share the ups and downs of life and can spend time to travel with her."

- BBC NEWS
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 11:09   Link #2025
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Why do I get the impression that these 394 men are going to wed the 18 million USD rather than a woman?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 12:19   Link #2026
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
Salon.com Editor-in-Chief Joan Walsh enters the no spin zone

Spoiler for .....see if she was able to maintain her composure~:
He might want to have RETHOUGHT that "blood on her hands" line, given the kettle of rage he stirs.... :P

Yeah, you have to go into these faux-interviews with the knowledge that the thugs are going to not only make no sense at all, but are going to diatribe after they've cut you off. She did remarkably well and he's just indicative of another Murdoch empire morass of shit polluting the information streams.
Old 2009-06-19, 21:48   Link #2027
Knight Hawk
Lurker

McMenacing? Cop Accused Of Pulling Gun At McD's

Quote:
DENVER (CBS4) ― A Denver police officer has been suspended after allegedly brandishing his gun at a McDonald's restaurant in Aurora after his order took too long to fill. Aurora police confirmed the CBS4 investigation saying the incident occurred May 21 at the McDonald's at 18181 East Hampden Avenue.

A spokesperson for the Aurora Police Department said they plan to present the case -- now classified as a felony menacing incident -- to the Arapahoe County District Attorney's Office Thursday for possible filing of criminal charges.

Sources familiar with the case, and the fast food worker's account of what happened, say two off-duty Denver police officers placed an order from their car in the early morning hours of May 21. But once at the drive through window, the employee said the men became agitated and angry at how long their food was taking. The men thought they were being ignored, according to contacts familiar with the worker's account. The male clerk then said one of the officer's flashed his police badge and pointed a pistol through the drive through window in a threatening manner, before driving off without paying.

Both officers are assigned to Denver International Airport although only one has been placed on administrative leave with pay, pending the outcome of the case.
Oyy~
Old 2009-06-21, 13:02   Link #2028
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Was going to put this in the news thread, but this is just weird and freaky.

Russian woman on trial for raping 10 men
Quote:
A young Russian woman, a devoted collector of horror films and spiders, is on trial for sedating and raping ten men. The police were shocked that 32-year-old Valeria K., a quiet good-looking woman from the city of Tambov, was the mysterious rapist who abused ten local men after poisoning them with clonidine, Life.ru reports.

Valeria, who has already been nicknamed the Black Widow for her love of spiders, would get acquainted with men and invite them to her place.

She gave them drinks with clonidine, which almost immediately sent them to sleep for almost 24 hours.

After that, she undressed her victims and raped them, tightening a rope on their male organs to kep them erect.

Waking up in hospital with clonidine poisoning and penis trauma, all the victims could remember was a friendly brunette who gave them drinks.

Finally, local police identified the offender and arrested her.

At present, the police know about ten of Valeria’s victims, although one of them refused to file a complaint against her.

“It was great,” the unnamed man said.

“I like hot women. I only wish she hadn't use the clonidine on me.”
Old 2009-06-21, 18:07   Link #2029
Shadow Kira01

Cocaine haul found hidden in frozen sharks

Quote:
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico's navy has seized more than a tonne of cocaine stuffed inside frozen sharks, as drug gangs under military pressure go to greater lengths to conceal narcotics bound for the United States.

Armed and masked navy officers cut open more than 20 shark carcasses filled with slabs of cocaine after checking a container ship in a container port in the southern Mexico state of Yucatan, the navy and Mexican media said Tuesday.

"We are talking about more than a tonne of cocaine that was inside the ship," Navy Commander Eduardo Villa told reporters after X-ray machines and sniffer dogs helped uncover the drugs. "Those in charge of the shipment said it was a conserving agent but after checks we confirmed it was cocaine," he said.

Drug gangs are coming up with increasingly creative ways of getting drugs into the United States -- in sealed beer cans, religious statues and furniture -- as Mexico's military cracks down on the cartels moving South American narcotics north.

President Felipe Calderon has sent 45,000 troops and federal police across Mexico to try to crush powerful smuggling cartels. But traffickers armed with a huge arsenal of grenades and automatic weapons are far from defeated, worrying Washington as violence spills over into U.S. states like Arizona.

Some 2,750 people have died in drug violence in Mexico this year, a pace similar to that of 2008, when 6,300 were killed.

Led by Mexico's most wanted man, Joaquin "Shorty" Guzman, smugglers from the Pacific state of Sinaloa are fighting a turf war with rivals. Guzman seeks to control Mexican and Central American smuggling routes into the United States.

(Reporting by Robin Emmott; editing by Patricia Zengerle)
It seems that more than 80% of the drugs consumed in the United States are imported from Mexico. What's up with that...?
Old 2009-06-22, 07:12   Link #2030
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I don't know if sankaku counts....

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...ls-my-wife-is/

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 10:19   Link #2031
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Cocaine haul found hidden in frozen sharks

It seems that more than 80% of the drugs consumed in the United States are imported from Mexico. What's up with that...?
NAFTA has really distributed the economy in North America? :P

The US has the enforcement infrastructure to keep drug manufacture relatively limited. Mexico has problems with corrupt regional police, poor enforcement coverage -- and bluntly, so much money pouring in from the drug-addled dipshits in the US that it overwhelms any attempt at limiting it.
Old 2009-06-24, 07:34   Link #2032
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Bras are serious business >.>

Bra banks in the UK

Seriously though, it is a good idea and good use of second hand clothing to those less fortunate, hope the scheme continues to run well. ^^

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 09:05   Link #2033
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Dench swearing prompts complaints
Every film in which actress Dame Judi Dench swears results in complaints, the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) has said in its annual report.

I don't know if their just clueless or dumb to realizes that any mature film she is in will contain swearing.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2009-06-24 at 10:37.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 10:00   Link #2034
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Monty Python garnered a huge amount of comedy material from the idiots with too much time on their hands who wrote the BBC with inane complaints.

Dench is a "pure idol" and it upsets some of her fans when she isn't lady-like upper crusty in her roles
Old 2009-06-24, 21:01   Link #2035
Shadow Kira01

This is old news but check out the night landscape. Looks pretty realistic!
Old 2009-06-24, 21:29   Link #2036
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post

This is old news but check out the night landscape. Looks pretty realistic!
That would be because it is real.

Cheers.
Old 2009-06-24, 22:03   Link #2037
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Monty Python garnered a huge amount of comedy material from the idiots with too much time on their hands who wrote the BBC with inane complaints.

Dench is a "pure idol" and it upsets some of her fans when she isn't lady-like upper crusty in her roles
Oh nooo, she's not being British enough. Bring out the fuc- fangling pitchforks!
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 14:44   Link #2038
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
That would be because it is real.

Cheers.
Very true. You see, this is actually a cleverly disguised test. While the inside is fake, the armor is real, allowing them to test it for long-term weather exposure before using it on the actual RX-78-2...
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 04:57   Link #2039
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Stoned wallabies make crop circles

The funny part of this article was the responses by users who appear to be stoned.

Here's one of them
Quote:
I resent this report that we are high as a kite and making crop circles! I haven't been stoned since 1971. A few young hoppers eat the wrong plant and you trash our species in the news. What's this world coming to!
Wally Baby, Australia Bush
Old 2009-06-26, 05:15   Link #2040
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

CHILLI GRENADES!!!

This is all kinds of awesome.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8119591.stm
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor