AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-03-08, 18:04   Link #161
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

I don't see the big deal about Aeris' death...i mean when i did see her die i was like "wtf!? did she actually die? ...hmm...oh well..they'll reviver her" but then when i saw her sinking into infinity i knew it was the end...and i just moved on with the game...it didn't have that much of an impact on me cause i hated using Aeris in battle...and i didn't want to waste my time leveling up a weak char that'll stay weak and i'm never gonna use (unless the game forces me to use her)...all she had going for herself was her healing spells...but even those were useless to me...especially limit breaks since she needs to take more damage then she can handle for it to work...for a while i actually thought there was a way to revive her or some other way to get her back but that was something that didn't concern me since i wouldn't use her anyway...if anything i just wanted her to fill up her space in the char screen where her icon would of been if she didn't die...nothing more...and btw...i'd rather see cloud with tifa

but on a side note it does amaze me how an attack like that can kill a char...but being smashed by planets or meteors (which ever it was that sephiroth used at the very end)/getting shot up the ass/smashed by giant robots/fighting ruby and emerald weapong had no affect on them...if they died/fainted all they needed to do was use a pheonix down and that was it...

as for the movie...i do want to see it..but i can't help but worry that they'll just mess something up somehow...

edit: and for all you people taht want aeris back...why not use the gameshark? if i remember correctly there was a cheat for it taht brings aeris back...but i think if you did you'd only get her exactly as she died and couldn't level her up or anything like that...

and for the pc...i thought i heard about a hack that you were able to do...but i never cared at that point so i never bothered looking into it more

Last edited by Superchop; 2004-03-08 at 18:42.
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 12:59   Link #162
nubby

Damn the trailer looks awesome!!! Well here's my theory. The guy talking in the beginning is Sephiroth. Sephiroth has become his true self again(I don't think he was truly evil, just manipulated by Jenova). Maybe he survived the final battle or maybe he exists only in Cloud's mind and talking to him. He wants to team up with Cloud to stop whoever it is that retrieved Jenova's head. The 3 enemies were probably the ones who survived the injection of Jenova cell. The guy in the wheelchair? I'm still trying to figure that out, there's a lot of possibilities.

Hmmmmm my theory sounds kinda whack. Oh well, I played the game a long ass time ago so my memory is kinda fuzzy. For some reason or another, in my head, I thought Cloud and Tifa would live happily ever after together =p
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 01:52   Link #163
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

i think the guys in the wheelchair is aeris. Look at those boots!!! O_O

how come squaresoft doesn't just take advent children and make ff7-2? then it would make square all rich again!!!
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 03:04   Link #164
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
i think the guys in the wheelchair is aeris. Look at those boots!!! O_O

how come squaresoft doesn't just take advent children and make ff7-2? then it would make square all rich again!!!
Rest assure that they will do it. In the interview with the creator of FF7 it was stated that he wantted to make another sequel but he didn't know when, now the time is coming
Old 2004-03-13, 02:14   Link #165
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
Tragic death? There was not even a point to her death in the first place other than some drama to advance the story.
You can't be serious! She gave her life knowing that the only way they could ever succeed in defeating Jenova was for her to release Holy. She wasn't really even a person if you think about it, she was only the embodiement of Holy. They spent all that time getting the player to love her through elaborate games, and side stories then tore her away from them. She became a martyr at that point and did a good job of propelling the story forward, but that was not the only intended purpose in her death. Plus what in the hell did Juliet sacrifice herself for? It turned out to be a pointless death as well, but is it any less tragic? No! The fact that it was a death that didn't need to happen was the reason it is tragic! All of you that claim Aeris' death to be so pointless and lame are pretty lame yourselves in my opinion, because if it weren't for the death of Aeris none of you would give half a s**t about this game anyway. Why do you all fight for her revival whenthe creator of the damn game has come out and said that it was not a mistake, it was not a rushed thing, it was not just to drive the plot, and that they had intended her to die from the begining? Why can't you accept someone else's vision? Your selfish attitudes are what destroy great stories... she is dead and it was necessary for the story to have the impact that it did.

If this trailer has Aeris in it then they have gone and ruined one of the greatest games of all time! And it will prove that Square is truly driven by money alone and that producing a good game is not any of there concern. They have said Aeris death was what they had intended from the begining, and if they cave on it now just because a few fans have a hard-on for a video game char, and can't deal with her being gone, then they don't deserve any respect at all. The most she should be in anything is in flashbacks, and if they want to push it then maybe as a spirit coming back to see Cloud one more time.
CodeWordChobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 03:17   Link #166
kujoe
from head to heel

Sorry, I really haven't seen this trailer yet but I have seen a few screenshots of it. So the question is: wasn't that Aeris scene just a flashback anyway? I mean, the one with Cloud carrying her in the middle of the lake?

If you look at Aeris as a mere plot device, then yes--she's just used to advance the story and produce a sense of drama and scale. Even in that sense, her death is not necessarily pointless--which is why she should stay dead. Take that away and you lose the very pivotal point of the story.

Anyway, let's stop this talk of Aeris's death. I'm sorry, but I can't believe that this is still going around--why she should stay dead, why she should be revived--etc. But you know what? I still wouldn't be surprised if Square does revive her. I certainly don't like it, but Square seems to depend a lot more on fan feedback than the genuine charm of its games these days.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 09:19   Link #167
Evan
天使我爱你

I played the ending of FF 7 again and I noticed a conversation of cloud and tifa :
Spoiler:

What does those words mean??Is "SHE" still alive!!??
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 11:48   Link #168
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
What does those words mean??Is "SHE" still alive!!??
It certainly seems to be a possibility.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 12:20   Link #169
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
Spoiler:
Has it ever occured to anyone that that convo can mean many things?

1. They could of all died and all of them could meet up again in the after life...
2. For all we know they could just be talking about visiting her grave or where they left the body
3. Since they said everything in the planet is connected in some way or another they could just be talking about going to "the promised land" and meet her there in some other way then a physical way...

If she's dead she's dead...if your able to move on with the game w/o her then you don't miss her all that much and you can live w/o her...so why is everyone saying "oh she was never meant to die...i want her back" just let her rest in piece what's done is done...and if they seriously reviver her in the movie...or make a sequel to ff7 it'll just completely ruin everything...
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 19:57   Link #170
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I certainly don't like it, but Square seems to depend a lot more on fan feedback than the genuine charm of its games these days.
Correct. I've stayed with the Final Fantasy games for so long, and I noticed as the games gain in number the less powerful and memorable it is.

For me the peak of Final Fantasy is at VI and VII. FFVI provided the grandest and most memorable story of all things FF, and VII is technically the best all-around game of them all. Until IX there wasn't any sequel of any kind of FF (only Playstation remakes of the old SNES games). Now it seems like they follow the voice of the fans and would dare create anything that tickles their fancies.

I need to mention how easy those FF games are already, I guess it was meant to be finished. Back in the SNES days we really put our effort in trying to get through all the hard battles just to advance through the plot, that is dedication. Nowadays FF games are easy enough to wade through as if I am just playing a little game in-between watching cutscenes. Square wants more people to finish and know the story immediately, and they allow new gamers to join the bandwagon by making the game easy enough for newbies.

And now they even ditched the gameplay and made a movie-length cutscene instead, in the form of Advent Children.
bluemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 01:33   Link #171
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Has it ever occured to anyone that that convo can mean many things?

1. They could of all died and all of them could meet up again in the after life...
2. For all we know they could just be talking about visiting her grave or where they left the body
3. Since they said everything in the planet is connected in some way or another they could just be talking about going to "the promised land" and meet her there in some other way then a physical way...

If she's dead she's dead...if your able to move on with the game w/o her then you don't miss her all that much and you can live w/o her...so why is everyone saying "oh she was never meant to die...i want her back" just let her rest in piece what's done is done...and if they seriously reviver her in the movie...or make a sequel to ff7 it'll just completely ruin everything...
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Aeris being revived again....
But in an acceptable way....
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 16:11   Link #172
sae
a person

practice japanese to FFVII promo?

anyone interested in playtesting a simple game for learning/practicing japanese that uses the FFVII advent children promo? i'm testing out a game concept that i may extend to other fansubbed anime.

if you're interested and have time to test it (it's short!) before sunday, and you're willing to send an email with your feedback by sunday, then send me a private message by midnight tonight (eastern standard time) and i'll send you the url.

fyi
tech requirements: ~50 MB download so be aware of that (46mb of that is the subbed promo). also you'll need divX installed obviously. you may have to do something to enable japanese support on your computer. and most importantly- it only runs on windows so please, only windows users (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, i understand the necessary grumbling this will cause -_-)
sae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 21:02   Link #173
Enmakenryuu

i cant see how anyone says ff7 is incomplete...the game is awsome....i mean after disc 1 i was so intent on ripping Seph limb from limb that i couldent put my controller down...and the whole rest of the game was a big bluur of fights as i went from location to location almost in tunnel vision hopeing to get into a fight with the basterd so i could rip him apart....Tho i must say that compared to tactics ff7's story line isint as good...Tactics is the best game ever created Imo XD..the story is freakin awsome...
Enmakenryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 11:31   Link #174
garygao12345
noooooooob

any chance for final fantasy advent children to get subbed?

is there a chance before it comes out in engish?
garygao12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 11:50   Link #175
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by garygao12345
is there a chance before it comes out in engish?
100% it'll be released on DVD in America. Sit back and relax Play FFVII while you wait or something.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 12:05   Link #176
garygao12345
noooooooob

lol, but i've beaten all the ff series already(except for ff 11). too boring to beat it again
garygao12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 14:06   Link #177
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garygao12345
lol, but i've beaten all the ff series already(except for ff 11). too boring to beat it again

too....boring

you've just ruined my day
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 18:06   Link #178
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
FF is boring.

heh.

:fingers:
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 19:12   Link #179
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
too....boring

you've just ruined my day
I feel the random battles in the Final Fantasy games get boring fast. They should have cut almost all of those and just left in boss/mini-boss fights.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 20:43   Link #180
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
I feel the random battles in the Final Fantasy games get boring fast. They should have cut almost all of those and just left in boss/mini-boss fights.
But half the game is watching your characters progress and learn new techniques/ earn new equipment!

Oh well at least you should be fairly happy with FF12, apparently you can see all the enemies (and therefore avoid them if you like).
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction