AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-03, 14:58   Link #81
Fran~
floating away...

Shokotan must be crazy about this... what if she sings romantic ageruyo this time for real?
Old 2009-03-03, 17:36   Link #82
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

HD Super Sayain-ness cant wait
Old 2009-03-04, 13:55   Link #83
IvUaN
Light Spirit
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to IvUaN
Ha, at last we can see a decent DBZ not that thing that I came to hate some much because of the lenght and those "I'm still powering up"(3-4) episodes.
Really I'm not that much of a DB fan, I actually like DB better than DBZ, but I expect this to be good, lets hope they don't mess up
Old 2009-03-04, 15:43   Link #84
AnimeFangirl

Those voice actors must be masochists. Back for another 100 episodes of HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *such power, I've never seen such power!* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *this is only 5% of my true power!*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAH!^29
Old 2009-03-04, 15:50   Link #85
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I guess I've no other choice but register a post in the thread... curse you Dorfl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Those voice actors must be masochists. Back for another 100 episodes of HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *such power, I've never seen such power!* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *this is only 5% of my true power!*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAH!^29

Well, they may not get that chance to put in so many consecutive AAA this time around to show of their powah. Apparently Dragonball Kai will try to wrap things up in 100 episode by closely following Toriyama's material. They are promising less A's. Btw, one of the seiyuu has died already and few of them are ailing.. so it's in their best interest to wrap things up in the next... say 3 years?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 16:56   Link #86
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Btw, one of the seiyuu has died already and few of them are ailing.. so it's in their best interest to wrap things up in the next... say 3 years?
Which seiyuu has recently passed away and which ones are currently ill at the moment? This is news to me.

Has anyone here taken a look at the video clip I put of Super Vegeta vs. Perfect Cell yet? I want to hear people's thoughts since it is supposedly just like its manga counterpart.
Old 2009-03-05, 05:55   Link #87
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Back then Funimation had this bizarre thing with having to fill every single second of footage with as much sound as they could possible muster. That's part of the reason for why we got far more grunting in the dub.

Hirotaka Suzuoki is the one that died. He voice Tenshinhan.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 07:46   Link #88
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Has anyone here taken a look at the video clip I put of Super Vegeta vs. Perfect Cell yet? I want to hear people's thoughts since it is supposedly just like its manga counterpart.
It's a massive improvement, I remember watching the cantonese version of the Super Vegeta/Trunks Vs Cell fight and while I enjoyed it (without even knowing a word being said) it did pad stuff way too much. And on repeat viewings... if that clip is an indication of what we're getting I'm really looking forward to this.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 07:51   Link #89
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Which seiyuu has recently passed away and which ones are currently ill at the moment? This is news to me.
AFAIK, Hirotaka Suzuoki aka Tenshinhan passed away some time ago, he was also known as Saito Hajime and Dragon Shiryu.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 09:49   Link #90
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Hirotaka Suzuoki is the one that died. He voice Tenshinhan.
I knew that he passed away (RIP Hirotaka Suzuoki), but I believe that was back sometime in the summer of 2006. I thought monir meant that another one of the voice actors died recently, as in 2008 or in these past couple of months.
Old 2009-03-08, 05:30   Link #91
Hamchan
The World Ends With Me!

Quote:
This time it will be only

HAA*such power, I've never seen such power!* HAA*this is only 5% of my true power!*HAA.

So yeah looking forward to this
Hamchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 07:25   Link #92
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I knew that he passed away (RIP Hirotaka Suzuoki), but I believe that was back sometime in the summer of 2006. I thought monir meant that another one of the voice actors died recently, as in 2008 or in these past couple of months.
No, it's the same. If you also take a look at the seiyuu list for DB, you will see a lot of the voice actors are closing in on their sixties.

I've also taken a look at the video you linked to. The edit didn't help. There are still too many AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, as Dorfl put it earlier.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 07:53   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm all for hearing that legendary score all over again. Go go Shunsuke Kikuchi.
Old 2009-03-09, 08:18   Link #94
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

To clearify, several of the original casts have passed away.

For example,
Toku Nishio (Mr. Popo)
Hirotaka Suzuki (Tenshinhan)
Kouhei Miyauchi (original voice for Kame Sen-nin, english name Master Roushi)
Reizou Nomoto (Ancient Kaioh-shin of 15 generations ago)
Kazumi Tanaka (One of the Ginyu Force)
have all passed away.

Most of them already have a replacement used in the DBZ video games.

One of the biggest worries is that Goku's voice actor is now over 70 years old, and many of the loud shouts and screams may be too tough on her now.
Not to mention the fact that her dialect accent is so strong now, that it's hard to understand what she's saying.
Old 2009-03-09, 11:26   Link #95
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Not to mention the fact that her dialect accent is so strong now, that it's hard to understand what she's saying.
She sounded fine in the Jump Anniversary-special that came out last year, so I doubt it'll be that much of a problem.
Old 2009-03-09, 11:33   Link #96
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
To clearify, several of the original casts have passed away.

For example,
Toku Nishio (Mr. Popo)
If Mr. Popo is dead i no longer wanna see this...
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 15:24   Link #97
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Great news people!! It turns out that the person who will be composing the music for Dragon Ball Kai is none other than Kenji Yamamoto! He did the music for many Dragon Ball video games and even a few lyrical songs for the TV series and movies. If anybody was to replace Shunsuke Kikuchi, who better than Kenji Yamamoto? We can be sure that he is going to bestow upon us an exceptional and excellent DBZ soundtrack. I know I'm looking forward to his musical pieces.
Old 2009-03-16, 16:23   Link #98
noktown

Oh damn,i wish we'd skip Vegita's saga and start from Namek ;d
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 16:44   Link #99
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Not very far? I think my opinion on dubs is that Samurai Pizza Cats is probably the best "dub" of any anime in the past and future. SPC is what localization should be minus the weird censorship rules.

From the clips, freeza's got the typical obasan voice where as the english which is what I remember from my childhood is some what androgenous dancing between male and female. It really is a toss up, but if I had to choose it would be the japanese one.
goku and Gohan's Japanese voices make me laugh so hard
Old 2009-03-16, 16:44   Link #100
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Oh damn,i wish we'd skip Vegita's saga and start from Namek ;d
Why would you want them to skip the Vegeta saga? That's one of the best parts of the entire Z series. It had a great story, great fight choreography, and all of the humans (with the exception of Chaotzu arguably) were useful.