AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 20 14.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 17.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 19.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 9.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 17 12.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 5.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.71%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.13%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-11, 12:48   Link #21
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulzon View Post
Watched it raw.

Oh man Shaft, new OP went up and I was like yay, but what the hell happened in the second half? I mean, there was so many still shots of the moon, red text was a lot more draggy, scenes of still shots that coincided with text shots for what seemed like a while, Araragi talks and just stares blanky at the screen without any mouth movement..

Feels like Endless Eight rage all over again.
This is a standard Shinbo tactic when they run out of budget or when the animation outsource goofs up. Tsukuyomi Moon Phase had entire fight scenes done with static stills during its broadcast (actual scenes were later edited into the DVDs). Problem is, these days, its hard to tell when he's doing it to be "arty" or its a response to a production problem.

Yeah, expect radical differences in the DVDs.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:11   Link #22
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Ugh... I'd prefer no new OP rather than watching unfinished work like this.
Fans drove the new opening thing like it was a new drug... so maybe the company tried to please the fickle fans and got caught.

OP's are not easy to do and sometimes I think fans are down right greedy.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:13   Link #23
zato_1one

The pattern at the end was also different. Normally, it should end the arc with Araragi got his ass kicked by his sisters.

Are there any other projects from Shaft besides Bakemonogatari and ZSZS in this season? Grr... I would be really angry to know that they used up their budget to other projects.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:16   Link #24
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This is a standard Shinbo tactic when they run out of budget or when the animation outsource goofs up. Tsukuyomi Moon Phase had entire fight scenes done with static stills during its broadcast (actual scenes were later edited into the DVDs). Problem is, these days, its hard to tell when he's doing it to be "arty" or its a response to a production problem.

Yeah, expect radical differences in the DVDs.
How could they be out of budget this time ?

I will admit this is pure assertion and it is compounded by the fact that we are in a global recession right now.

But for the sake of argument, I fancy to think they have massive financial sponsorship because this title happens to be a sleeper hit.

Pizza hut boxes and all...

I surmise the animators goofed up big time... and too many corrective actions had to be taken to hide the obvious flaws...

The problem with Tsubasa switching uniforms in the bookshop scene (episode 9) from winter to summer was evident... that some Quality controls were missed.

Episode 12 is one to be feared... it could bloody well be a heart-breaker.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:20   Link #25
Lummie

Quote:
I'm glad they didn't ruin the OP because i enjoy watching it every time. And like i said earlier... the animation of this episode...was bullshit. The main focus was just on randomly backgrounds and i couldn't even capture some worth mentioning screen to show it here... why? Because the characters almost didn't appear as a whole. The showed each time a very easy bodypart that could be easily drawn and the VA's did the voice over of those parts. It couldn't have been done easier. The animators were really lazy in this episode.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:30   Link #26
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Man, I'm super biased but even I am disappointed about this. I mean if you have read the novel you can tell that the snake fighting scene had a lot more impact and the scene where Araragi was saying sorry to Kanbaru was moving too.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:32   Link #27
suka-pon-tan

It`s like....

Endless eight = Needless overwork and nobody buy DVD.

Bakemnogatari EP 10 = Unfinish work and you have to buy DVD for watch right episode.

Suuuureee I will buy BD........what a dirty business.

Quote:
Not just because of OPs. Shaft can`t make multiple anime at same time in one season. Mr.Kousaki and Mr Itagaki did excellent job for OPs I must say.
suka-pon-tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:34   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Are there any other projects from Shaft besides Bakemonogatari and ZSZS in this season? Grr... I would be really angry to know that they used up their budget to other projects.
It's not so much the fact that the used up the budget. SHAFT is a small studio, and when you experience what you get in each episode, it's no surprise that we get episodes like this. Like people and myself have said in this thread, it's not the first time it's happened in a SHAFT title.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:36   Link #29
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I noticed this trend increasing in episode 9 (using camera angles so that there was very little animation and extensive use of still frames). Like Zetsubo, I suspect lousy outsourcing. I'm beginning to wonder if they specifically assign Shinbo to handle projects with a high expectation of failure from outsourcing animation during broadcast
(argh, budget sucks.. send Shinbo's team in to "artify" it and we'll fix it in the DVD products)

They DO usually fix it (my Moon Phase DVDs are much nicer than the broadcast duct tape), but it *is* annoying.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:45   Link #30
zato_1one

First time can be forgiven. But I can't say the same for second, third or fourth time.

I hope the dialogues are great as usual. Waiting for Eng sub.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:45   Link #31
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Glad to know that it was because the episode wasn't finished, and that it wasn't my craptop just messing with me.

I like the new OP though!
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:49   Link #32
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Regardless I am going to buy the DVD's when they are produced.

This particular Anime is really nice overall.

I intend to get the Novels as well... as soon as my Japanese is improved beyond toddler level.

That being said... what a thrill it would be if the novels were translated to English by proper translators who know how to capture the exact flavor of the stories as written in the original work.
Old 2009-09-11, 13:53   Link #33
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Well I think we have so much expectation in this episode is solely because of the uberness that is episode 5.
Btw is it actually true that they didn't finish the episode or is it just fans hoping that it isn't and a better version will come out in DVD?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:54   Link #34
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Oh dear, what's gonna happen to Tsubasa cat now?
Old 2009-09-11, 13:54   Link #35
Raiga
tl;dr

I usually go light on the complaining but I gotta agree that the lack of animation really bothered me. :\ Arc ender too... alas, Shaft and their production problems...

Unfortunately I didn't really grasp the resolution either. So I guess I just have to wait for subs.

And I say this really wasn't finished. Like the scene where the sound effects say Araragi got up and is walking, but what's onscreen says he's still kneeling down and zoning out.
Old 2009-09-11, 14:07   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Regarding the OP, oh how i love it. Reminds me quite a bit of the three CardCaptor Sakura OP's. Anyone else agree?
Old 2009-09-11, 14:25   Link #37
X10A_Freedom

Fairly disappointing, although I'm not familiar with SHAFT or their production. I found this episode was unusually straght to the point, without the dialogue fillers (well, the school swimsuit one was short) which I absolutely enjoy.

Nonetheless, I find the voice for Nadeko to be really good, and Kanbaru's words at the end was awesome.
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 14:36   Link #38
sirn
田舎者言うな

Let's pray for the episode to be "fixed" by the time it broadcasted in the next station:

Sep 13 - TVK, TV Saitama
Sep 15 - Chiba TV, TV Aichi
Sep 16 - TVQ Kyushu
Sep 19 - MBS
Sep 20 - BS-JAPAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Btw is it actually true that they didn't finish the episode or is it just fans hoping that it isn't and a better version will come out in DVD?
The "kuro-koma"/"aka-koma" screen insertion has a small letter saying "scene removed due to certain circumstance" in it. That should tell something.

(Though some people suspect that has something to do with "earthquake causing undersea cable to cut off, we're unable to get the data" writing in SZS.)

Quote:
The pattern at the end was also different. Normally, it should end the arc with Araragi got his ass kicked by his sisters.
Nadeko Snake isn't exactly follows that pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I noticed this trend increasing in episode 9 (using camera angles so that there was very little animation and extensive use of still frames). Like Zetsubo, I suspect lousy outsourcing. I'm beginning to wonder if they specifically assign Shinbo to handle projects with a high expectation of failure from outsourcing animation during broadcast
(argh, budget sucks.. send Shinbo's team in to "artify" it and we'll fix it in the DVD products)

They DO usually fix it (my Moon Phase DVDs are much nicer than the broadcast duct tape), but it *is* annoying.
Episode 9 is outsourced to Tayutama's SILVER LINK. Episode 10 is not. In fact, Shaft seems to have problem finding an outsourcing company recently, with only three episodes so far being an outsourced episode. They can't borrow Studio Pastoral's hand like usual either, since Pastoral is too busy working on Negima and Natsu no Arashi (both are Starchild's).

Sometimes you have money in your hand, but nobody want to accept it. Also, I have never heard anything good about Shinbo's schedule controlling since his SoulTaker days.

Last edited by sirn; 2009-09-11 at 14:57.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 14:41   Link #39
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

That op... can't believe how they manage to push Nadeko's cuteness even higher than we saw until now. I'll watch the rest of the ep' later when the [gg] release their fansub.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 14:43   Link #40
apr
Pedestrian

The black and white Sengoku memories are all anime original, right? I don't remember them from any of the books I've read (up to Nisemon 1).