I'm not following what you mean, Reddy.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 23:57   Link #1462
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Whoever said AO was shit can eat their heart out. The first few episodes gave me mecha combat. And I'm enjoying every second of this shift towards something useful!
Old 2012-07-06, 01:07   Link #1463
webkid94
*Author

So where's the new Op/Ed...?

Anyways, the new "Mama" reminded me of Ray Beams from the first series..
Spoiler for first series:

Last edited by webkid94; 2012-07-06 at 01:22.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 01:15   Link #1464
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post
So where's the new Op/Ed...?
Next episode.
Old 2012-07-06, 01:15   Link #1465
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think that this Eureka is the same one at the end of the original series (with the wings and a jewel on her head)

I think somehow at the end of the original series, Eureka somehow went to the current earth and she will probably go back to 10000 years in the future soon. then she got pregnant in the future earth and come back to the past in the current earth with Ao being born 13 years ago. She mostly likely went back to the future earth when she disappear some years ago.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 01:39   Link #1466
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

It's already estabilished it can't be simple time travel because the origin of scub on Earth doesn't line up between the two worlds.

And yeah, it's all but certain this is not THE Eureka. Why should I care?
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 01:39   Link #1467
Destined_Fate

Time Travel is a pain, hate anything that uses it. I'm going to see AO through but the Time Travel thing may have killed the series for me if it's true.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 01:53   Link #1468
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Time Travel is a pain, hate anything that uses it. I'm going to see AO through but the Time Travel thing may have killed the series for me if it's true.
I thought Steins;Gate did time-travel intelligently, but I wasn't convinced till the end of its series.

I wouldn't make early conclusions for AO either.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 02:12   Link #1469
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow, totally did not see that one coming

Granted I didn't watch the original series so the impact might not hit me as hard as some of you, but even then someone like me would still go- "Holy shit ?!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 02:28   Link #1470
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
I thought Steins;Gate did time-travel intelligently, but I wasn't convinced till the end of its series.

I wouldn't make early conclusions for AO either.
You don't understand, I hate time travel. It's too convient and is almost always filled with plotholes. Few have ever done it right, most just use it as an excuse to try and get something to happen that the normal plot wouldn't allow or simply isnt' possible till the time travel shennanigians.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 02:29   Link #1471
JediNight
キズランダム

Reddy:
Well that's possible I guess. I mean, she already looks pregnant here, but definitely LESS pregnant than the Eureka that falls from the sky (scene from Ep3). So it may be that after being here now for a few more months, she takes the Nirvash TypeZero into a Scub Burst to go back in time. (The question of her being pregnant already or not will be answered next week of course when we get a better look at her)

What I want to know for now though, is what happened in the "original Earth" to precipitate her coming through with the Gekko-go in the first place. As she's obviously not surprised right now. I assume that is ALSO going to be answered next episode. As the preview mentions she will reveal something that will shake the world.

Oh: My prediction also is that maybe only Scub and/or biological stuff can get pulled over -- so they had to encase the Gekko-go in Scub ALA Terminator maybe?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 02:42   Link #1472
ReddyRedWolf

Another interesting thing that is revealed is that Secrets themselves are Sliders like the Scub, Eureka and possibly Elena.

But the question is did they come from E7 Earth?
Old 2012-07-06, 03:18   Link #1473
JediNight
キズランダム

Maybe the Astral Ocean is the "sea" between dimensions. And the Secret are like galactic no-fun-allowed robots at war with the Scub. So they're trying to prevent its spread into another dimension.

Judging from this episode, its merely Truth's adoptive father that believes this world is "mistaken" -- so it being a dream, or creation of the Scub is unlikely.

Aka Gunbuster meets Gurren Lagann?

Any time Scub tries to move to a new dimension, the Secret can pick up on the signal and warp there to intercept it. Although its still unclear then why they would be trained to exterminate humanoid shapes as well then.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 03:38   Link #1474
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Guys, when was it ever explicitly mentioned that time travel was involved?!

And haven't you guys heard of quantum parallel universes being slightly out of phase of each other, giving rise to pseudo time travel when its just another continuum?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves over here...
Old 2012-07-06, 03:45   Link #1475
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Guys, when was it ever explicitly mentioned that time travel was involved?!
Eureka is pregnant, younger and doesn't recognize Ao.

We know that 13 years before she exited a Scub Burst. More pregnant than she is now.
Old 2012-07-06, 04:04   Link #1476
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Eureka is pregnant, younger and doesn't recognize Ao.

We know that 13 years before she exited a Scub Burst. More pregnant than she is now.
She's from a parallel universe... The Eureka may not be in the same age the Eureka from AO's world, as the frame of reference from the moment of hyperinflation of her continuum's Big Bang is further down from the Bang which resulted in AO's continuum. More details are found here.

Therefore, this is not the Eureka you seek. /Jedi
Old 2012-07-06, 04:22   Link #1477
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
She's from a parallel universe... The Eureka may not be in the same age the Eureka from AO's world, as the frame of reference from the moment of hyperinflation of her continuum's Big Bang is further down from the Bang which resulted in AO's continuum. More details are found here.

Therefore, this is not the Eureka you seek. /Jedi
Then care to explain how the Scub which half altogether warped at the same time to another dimension, only to arrive randomly in the AO Earth from the later half of the 20th century onwards.

This means there is not fixed point of reference.

Remember even in the E7 Earth Scub can defy the laws of physics.

Scub abilities.

* Spatial Distortion: Scub Corals have the ability to distort time and space so that objects can travel from one place to another instantly. This effect is seen as an intense surge of Trapars known as The Zone.

* Fusion: Scub Corals have the ability to fuse other beings into themselves. Doing so allows them to communicate with other beings. The beings that are fused with them lose their physical bodies but remain alive as energy constructs.

* Distortion of the Laws of Physics: Scub Corals can affect the Laws of Physics by thought alone. An example is them redirecting the trajectory of the falling debris of Oratorio Number 8.

* Generation and Control of Trapars: Trapars (Transparent Light Particles) are the thoughts of the hibernating Scub Corals manifesting physically as energy. Scub Corals are capable of controlling this energy as well as generating them.
Old 2012-07-06, 05:03   Link #1478
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Biggest holy shit moment I've had this year.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 05:07   Link #1479
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yes, I recognize that. Another way to explain it is that a fixed reference is present, just that something else is causing the Scub to arrive piecemeal. There's also the Secret which we have to account for after all, as well as Naru and Truth, and whatever else is going on in that mind-screwed mirror.

But I also recognize I may be wrong. As evidence surfaces, I will adjust my theories accordingly. But I will not judge the show to be stupid/good because of my theories. Because one should not mistake fanon interpretation for canon fact, and then judging canon by that interpretation. That's worse than running with circumstantial evidence.

Things are becoming more intriguing. That wins points in my book.
Old 2012-07-06, 05:08   Link #1480
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Then care to explain how the Scub which half altogether warped at the same time to another dimension, only to arrive randomly in the AO Earth from the later half of the 20th century onwards.
Because that might not even be what is happening here. It's all conjecture. I believe that the world in AO is a simulated/constructed reality based on memories, information, and ideas of human civilization up until humanity left Earth. That explains why the setting is closer to modern day, rather than far in the future. When humanity left, communication and information sharing with the Scub ceased. Hence most of what it knows about human civilization on Earth is based on everything up until around this time in our history.

AO isn't about people slipping into a random alternate dimension imo, but rather a specific reality created based past knowledge of our world. That's why there are deliberate details which are incorrect or different, and it is why people Truth can manipulate reality effortlessly. It's not really real. It is just a constructed reality to house a collective consciousness away from the real world, while the Scub continues to try to understand how humanity and coralians can live together. There is no time travel.

This has been something I've speculated on since the series started. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but when I'm right, remember that I said it first!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen