AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 17:45   Link #61
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I also hated Yosuga No Sora.
I hate to point the obvious but Yosuga no Sora is 2010 production.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 03:58   Link #62
dfens

Wow people really love or hate a show, hell one guy seemed like he didn't like anything at all.

While I agree with arguments on both sides each person is different and their tastes vary.

For me if I didn't like a show I stopped watching it and others I just roll my eyes and pretend it never happened and go by the source material.

The end of Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail: Roberta is a invalid cripple and Revy being raped at a young age I didn't need to see that. Neither was in the source material of the manga, why would you ruin it for the hardcore fans of the franchise and make changes no one wants.

Blood C: I gave a chance it looked pretty but the Blood Franchise is suppose to be about Vampires and all I saw were stupid monsters of the week. Plus a story that was all over the place. Sorry to say it the original blood was the best and will always be it was short but knew what to do.

I'll probably get a lot of flak for this one I'm still trying to get through it but Horizon is the worst most over hyped show I've ever seen. I shouldn't need a degree to understand what the hell is going on after what 8 episodes plus. Read the Wiki page the summary makes it sound interesting, watch the show and scratch your head the whole way through. And for some dam reason I'm still giving it a chance I like the character designs and the world it's set up it reminds me of watching shows from the 90's but for the life of me still can't grasp why the hell people are so in love with this show.

The person who said these novels could never be animated because even the novels the author wrote, that his execution was so bad that even the reader is confused is a freaking genius.

If the show doesn't start making sense soon their is no way in hell I'll stick around for another season.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 09:42   Link #63
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

I hate to ask the moderators in this way but I need someone to lock this thread until January 1st 2012 or little further than that. I just hate if someone keep replying this thread for no obvious reasons, in other words spamming. Just let it die until the time is right to revive it again.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 10:21   Link #64
Kirarakim

I don't see why the thread has to be locked just because some people don't read the first post.

2011 is not over yet so people still might have series that end up disappointing them from this year.
Old 2011-11-27, 11:46   Link #65
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I hate to point the obvious but Yosuga no Sora is 2010 production.
Oh yeah, it was. I saw it in 2011, so I guess I forgot. Sorry.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 16:06   Link #66
justsomeguy

Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi: utter shit, bland main characters are pathetically weak relative to the monstrosities they face and spend too much time being emo, weak final arc, etc.

Yumekui Merry: good until the very last episode, the worst ending ever, one that manages to entirely discredit the rest of the show.

Dantalian no Shoka: I wanted to like this show, but having main characters that do nothing while problems fix themselves, lack of a main storyline, and the other Biblioprincess/Reader pairs only appearing in one episode each before the finale, the show is just too poorly developed overall.

PMMM: I applaud this show's ambition, but the ending needs a bit of work.

Dog Days: Good until the overly long emo ending arc.

Astarotte no Omocha: exact same weak ending arc as Dog Days.

A Channel: I love this show, and am surprised at all the haters. People actually have high expectations for generic moe slice-of-life shows? And here I thought only fans of the genre would watch it.

Sacred Seven: the show doesn't try to be ambitious, but surely Sunrise can do better than this.

Hidan no Aria: Cheesy and ridiculous, but otherwise fine until the last episode, when JC Staff screws up the final battle and doesn't even try to have an ending (seriously, Aria shopping for bikinis is the final scene right after the fight ends. WTF)

No eroge adaptations listed because I don't watch those with any expectations at all.
Currently airing shows also not listed; I'll wait for completion before passing judgement.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 03:15   Link #67
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

The most disappointing for me is "C the money of soul and possibility control". The premise has a lot of promise but ended up being used as a very silly shonen combat fight series that took itself seriously. The economic ideas they had was wonky as hell and the ending was so lulz worthy it would have been good if its beginning never tried to aim high.

Most of the rest i had no high hopes in the first place (Fractale, Merry, Blood C, Hidan no Aria), improved as it went (A-Channel), crashed only at the end (Kore was Zombie) or was simply so bad in its first episode it was telling you that you would be stupid to continue (Dragon Crisis)
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 08:33   Link #68
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife View Post
The most disappointing for me is "C the money of soul and possibility control". The premise has a lot of promise but ended up being used as a very silly shonen combat fight series that took itself seriously. The economic ideas they had was wonky as hell and the ending was so lulz worthy it would have been good if its beginning never tried to aim high.
I agree with this observation. This is the second time I've been disappointed by a new show from Nakamura Kenji after falling in love with his work in Bakeneko and Mononoke. Kuuchuu Buranko grew on me on second viewing, but I doubt that will ever happen with [C].
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 18:47   Link #69
Zoel

I say Infintie Stratos, Baka season 2 and Persona 4.

Infintie Stratos, I guess the preview advertise the show to a different type of catergorie and then just suddenly became a harem, and next thing you know you hated the majority of the characters cause of the sudden change amd the force development that is slapped on to the show. The only thing made the show watching was the character Charlotte.

Then Baka 2, was filled with too many cringe worthy moments. The scenes are mostly overused and just wasn't funny. But you keep wanting more, because of the excellent first season and just hope the show would turn for the better. But it never happen.

I think Persona 4 adapation is doing pretty good in covering the story content. But alot of the moments from the game just don't transition to anime very well. It felt very forced seeing a character going emo and somewhat makes you cringe seeing it.
Zoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 20:32   Link #70
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecharobot View Post
Ikoku Meiro had comptent people behind it, but it turned out to be all looks and no soul. The character types were also quite played out already.
That may be the one statement in all my years on AF that I've most completely disagreed with.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 20:59   Link #71
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Hanasaku Iroha and now Guilty Crown as well.

Neither deserved their production values, especially the latter. Both have identity crisis issues, especially the latter. HSI turned into a passable watch but the latter made me a very sad man. I expected much better things from IG.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 06:25   Link #72
Kakkou
Tch.

While I have had some disappointments in shows like ItsuTen and [C], No.6 is by far the one that had really let me down.

I'm normally pretty capable of accepting anime series I like taking odd directions in their story or having really bad endings (e.g. Blue Exorcist, Pandora Hearts). In fact, I even try to reason them out to make them not feel as bad as they are (I suppose that counts as denial? ) but No.6 accomplished the feat or having a finale that utterly shits on virtually everything built in the past 10 episodes. The biggest gripe I had with it is the fact that it pulled the one story development that I could never ever accept in any work of fiction, which is
Spoiler for No.6 finale:
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 14:14   Link #73
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
....Ikoku Meiro had comptent people behind it, but it turned out to be all looks and no soul. The character types were also quite played out already.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That may be the one statement in all my years on AF that I've most completely disagreed with.
I know what you mean. Makes me wonder if we were watching the same series....

Folks have different opinions and tastes and all, but ... oh well.
Old 2011-11-29, 14:32   Link #74
mecharobot

About the french loli show, I do think the main cast is pretty tired (well, maybe not the grandpa). There is the uncaring male, the naive and submissive little japanese and the ADHD bimbo. That's what I was left with watching the show. I wanted some subtlety. At least Hanasaku tried to put a little spin on its characters (but on the other hand failed to define them other than in terms of being weird, plus their chemistry was chaotic).

Then again, there is only one of these kind of shows that I like (daily life, character focused). Which is strange considering that I don't consider myself hard to please.
mecharobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 14:53   Link #75
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
About the french loli show, I do think the main cast is pretty tired (well, maybe not the grandpa). There is the uncaring male, the naive and submissive little japanese and the ADHD bimbo. That's what I was left with watching the show. I wanted some subtlety. At least Hanasaku tried to put a little spin on its characters (but on the other hand failed to define them other than in terms of being weird, plus their chemistry was chaotic).

Then again, there is only one of these kind of shows that I like (daily life, character focused). Which is strange considering that I don't consider myself hard to please.
No problem ... if you did not like it and were disappointed by it that's how it is.

I guess the reason why Enzo and I were so surprised is that for me it has been my fave show of the year - I read the available manga volumes before the series aired and loved them and absolutely loved the series as well - and for Enzo (if I may speak a little for him here) although he did not read the manga ahead of time iirc he really enjoyed the series as it aired; it was a big "surprise treat" for him.

But, you know how the old folk phrase goes: "Every frog praises their own swamp."
Old 2011-11-29, 16:14   Link #76
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't think there was a more subtle show in 2011, as far as I'm concerned. But I doubt folks who saw it as a "French Loli" show would care enough to look for it.
Old 2011-11-29, 21:10   Link #77
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't think there was a more subtle show in 2011, as far as I'm concerned.
I'd put Hyouge Mono ahead of Croisée in the subtlety department myself. I enjoyed Croisée, even cried once or twice. But I understand mecharobot's reaction as well. The story and characters are a bit hackneyed, but I thought the whole production was carried off so well that I put that fact behind me. The indentured servant relationship was never well explained either. I also wondered how Yune and Oscar could have spent months together at sea yet seem to know so little about each other when they reach Paris. Croisée is an easy show to nitpick. As I say I decided to put all that aside and just enjoy the story, characterizations, and voice acting. I find I often have to adopt that strategy watching anime, even for the shows I love the most.

Enzo, I meant to thank you for telling me to watch Croisée, so I'll do it here!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 00:04   Link #78
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I tend to have low expectations, so it's hard for me to actually be disappointed, but I guess if I had to choose one show, it'd be Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail.

I'm a huge Black Lagoon fan, but that Roberta arc is just flat out bad, and I always thought the various attempts to try to portray Rock as a chessmaster always fall really flat.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 01:06   Link #79
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Penguindrum.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 02:39   Link #80
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'd put Hyouge Mono ahead of Croisée in the subtlety department myself. I enjoyed Croisée, even cried once or twice. But I understand mecharobot's reaction as well. The story and characters are a bit hackneyed, but I thought the whole production was carried off so well that I put that fact behind me. The indentured servant relationship was never well explained either. I also wondered how Yune and Oscar could have spent months together at sea yet seem to know so little about each other when they reach Paris. Croisée is an easy show to nitpick. As I say I decided to put all that aside and just enjoy the story, characterizations, and voice acting. I find I often have to adopt that strategy watching anime, even for the shows I love the most.

Enzo, I meant to thank you for telling me to watch Croisée, so I'll do it here!
You're most welcome. That's one I recommend even to my non-anime friends and fam.

I would quibble and say that I think Oscar and Yune knew quite a bit each other, especially given that Yune hid the fact that she spoke French until they got to Paris, but that's a topic for the Ikoku Meiro thread!