AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-22, 09:09   Link #1
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
Stop! Hibari-Kun

how come no topic on that anime? and how come no one subbed it?
it's available on dvd-rip and looks pretty interesting even if it's old but no one ever tried subbing it which is sad and strange.
anidb: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=1931
opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUlgIbIyPII
gknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 13:31   Link #2
SinsI

Well, that DVD-rip is of low quality; the art is old and thus scares a lot of people; the show is 35 episodes and thus requires dedication not present in most modern subbers;and the whole idea of sub-ecchi humorous show about a crossdressing boy is quite niche.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 17:34   Link #3
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Stop! Hibari-kun!

Stop! Hibari-kun! is a show that aired from 1983-84 produced by Toei. The show is about a guy named Kousaka who’s mom died at the start of the show. She sends him to live with a former lover, who Kousaka quickly realizes is a yakuza boss (and turbo-violent to boot.) Initially, he wants to get the fuck out of this yakuza looney-bin, but then he sees one of the boss’ daughters and falls in love at first sight. As it turns out, the boss has 3 great daughters of different ages, but the one who Kousaka fell in love with is the 4th - the boss’ son! Kousaka is devastated, but the trap, Hibari-kun, seems intent to seduce Kousaka!

Hibari-kun is instantly comparable to Maria Holic, both in having a trap and in that he is kind of making things miserable for the main character. The obvious difference being that this main character is male and he’s pretty manly, too, I suppose. The comedy in this show is pretty over-the-top. The yakuza boss will draw weapons and blow shit up at slightest provocation and there’s one scene where he needs his meds and has this extremely trippy vision. The antics with Hibari are fun and he is definitely a totally gorgeous trap to the point that it’s painful.

Only 1 episode out of the 35 existing has been subbed (as far as I can tell). The show was released on Japanese DVD in 03 and has 35 episodes, all of which seem to be available on youtube raw. The first ep was subbed by a single kind gentleman who does quite a nice job, even using youtube annotations to fix his mistakes, which I thought was cool. I want to spread attention of this show to hopefully provoke subs.

Last edited by monir; 2009-03-09 at 07:11.
Deus ex Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 07:19   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Oh look.. you have a picture in your opening post!

The synopsis definitely reads interesting. I know I will pick this show up for a watch if there are more episodes subbed out there. The raw shouldn't be too difficult to get with much better quality than youtube if one is looking to sub it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 07:30   Link #5
Tri-ring

A classic created by Eguchi Hisashi infamous for his slumps and unfinished series saying he sees "Pink Hippos" when ever he can't continue writing.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 07:57   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've seen bits and pieces, though never the full show. Would like to change that at one point.

Hibari is a beautiful trap.
Old 2009-03-09, 15:18   Link #7
JediNight
キズランダム

Someone visited 4chan the other day? Or is there some other reason that I've now seen this show pop up in like 4 places in the last 24hours after never hearing of it before?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 15:51   Link #8
Haruyan

I wanted to watch it!! And then I found out it wasn't subbed....
Old 2009-03-09, 16:35   Link #9
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Someone visited 4chan the other day? Or is there some other reason that I've now seen this show pop up in like 4 places in the last 24hours after never hearing of it before?
You know how 4chan *loves* its Traps.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 00:34   Link #10
DryFire
Panda Herder

4chan is a trap...
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 23:54   Link #11
mt. heart attack
let's not wrestle

i'm interested in watching this but can't even find a working torrent. a little help? i was able to find high quality mp3s of the OP and ED songs though.

been taking japanese classes for a bit, i could probably understand most of whats going on.
mt. heart attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 02:10   Link #12
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt. heart attack View Post
i'm interested in watching this but can't even find a working torrent. a little help? i was able to find high quality mp3s of the OP and ED songs though.

been taking japanese classes for a bit, i could probably understand most of whats going on.
Can't find the torrents listed on Animesuki, but torrents (by BUMNUMBUM) for Eps. 1-5
are available at:

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=104240
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, trap