AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Episode 26 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 9 13.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 9.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 21.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 6.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 6.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-03, 03:36   Link #161
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
I laugh waaay to hard at this scene

"Prepare for a bitter fight"
*nuke the whole ocean with everyone staring on HD monitor in an office*
"Mission accomplished"
*credits roll*
"It was such a hard fight, i hope we learn something from this for our future"

..........really? Really?!!??!? Those terrorist got vaporized, exploded from the inside, cut in half, turn into ice cube, squeezed to death, struck by lightning, hit by magic bullet, laser sniped from a flying dude, nuked out of nowhere and among other things while you have a godamn jesus on your side plus most of the shonen jump character in your arsenal......
This. I felt the same way watching it. It was hilarious.
Old 2014-10-03, 03:51   Link #162
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
I got through that. Can i get a cookie or something otherwise the ear cancer would so not have been worth it.
I heard the first one and couldn't go on, just that one felt like I spent a 1,000 years staring at the screen waiting for it to end would rather be killed 103,000 times each in it's own uniqur way and retain those memories than listen to that again.

With that said it was pretty faithful, sure it left somethings out but well, what can you do? I keep seeing a lot of my complaints from when I read the LN being echoed throughout the internet, glad to see I wasn't the only one who felt that way.
Old 2014-10-05, 03:30   Link #163
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinarblood View Post
Not even Tatsuya could rez from getting hit with material burst, and quite frankly, if Tatsuya had all information control on him removed and was unsealed like he was here, he would probably not be able to fall against GAA, that said, since he couldn't very well fire material burst within a city, he probably wouldn't have been able to kill enough at a fast enough rate for them to fail in their goal like they did here, and more civilian/student causalities would have happened. So yes, things would not gone as well, but Tatsuya letting himself get captured in such a case would be detrimental, especially since , being both extremely dangerous, and being of no political or financial background (as much as GAA knows anyway, since he has so much information control around him), which makes him useless as a hostage.
I don't think Tatsuya can let himself be captured, unless they already knew his specs beforehand.

But I don't think Tatsuya can do material burst anyway.

Let's be clear because the anime doesn't explain strategic class magicians or for that matter anything technical one bit. Very sad.Tasuya's based specs aren't that OP.

Spoiler for Why are we even using spoiler tags at this rate anyway?:
Old 2014-10-05, 06:01   Link #164
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for answer:

Not that Material Burst is all that good at close quarters. Or necessary. He might not be able to protect the city on his own, but he sure as hell can protect himself and his sister.
Old 2014-10-05, 16:08   Link #165
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for answer:

Not that Material Burst is all that good at close quarters. Or necessary. He might not be able to protect the city on his own, but he sure as hell can protect himself and his sister.
Yes he did, it was in experimental form. Tatsuya regrowth though seems to be usable without equipment though.
Old 2014-10-05, 16:15   Link #166
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for answer:
Old 2014-10-05, 20:23   Link #167
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThisOne View Post
Its Onii-sama, get it right you plebeian.
Such Zeal.

Miyuki-the Imouto Goddess will be pleased.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-10-05, 20:25   Link #168
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Definitely feel pumped up. But agree that the battle is so one-sided that it's not even funny any more.

True that without Tatsuya it would have been a great success for the GAA. Maybe they will slightly be troubled against Juumonji and Misaki (?). But these 2 at best can only shelter the students and get them away safely. The 101 likely to face a massacre or heavy suffer without those instant heal spells. And all data may be stolen as Miyuki and Mizuki are not there to prevent it. So it's not as illogical as it seems

However on the entertainment value, the lack of response from the GAA in this case is a real disappointed. How's about: capture the end with a mean looking dude saying "Oh, they can do this TOO", or "Now they showed their secret weapon, about time we show ours". Don't even need to be from the LN, just be there to indicate that there's some real mean bad boss out there.

Aside from the fantasy level, not sure if they explains in the novel, but the lack of understanding in geopolitical of the author really bugged me. And hey, i don't mind the take of "Japan against the world" that they were bringing. Fantasy novel tends to have these around, no problem. But seriously real world struggle was so hard to solve, because some idiot aside, conflicts are prevented from further escalations at every level, due to mutual interests. Honestly i won't expect much from someone lazily enough to name something "The Great Asia Alliance" (there is so many thing wrong with this idea that i think i can write a whole essay about it) but let's just skip to the main part, what should have been happened is:
  • the GAA try to steal up technology, kidnap or whatever. This was due to previous incident with Tatsuya leading them to find being threatened by unknown magic power. The lack of intel made them thinking Japan still haven't been able to replicate Tatsuya magic yet (cause they didn't know it was just internal politic ended up sealing his power) and try to prevent it from happening or steal for themselves
  • the attacks on students were aiming to kidnap some key politician kids for blackmail/ trade for intel
  • remove those bloody brain in the box thingy. What the point of up the opponent power level when they are easily wiped out anyway
  • after been driven off by Tatsuya, they still be able to capture some intels and believed they have gauge the strength of Japan army
  • Japan allow the ship to leave, then dissolve it with Material Bust to pretend it's just an accident. Kinda do a "we both know what happen, but have no proof to accuse" to prevent escalation of the matter (see recent Ukraine conflict)
  • The GAA staged a similar incident happens to them in the same time and blame the Yokohama incident as a Japanese false flag (as there is limited casualties to Japan side due to Tasuya). Accusing Japan of kidnapping Lu and that invisible guy.
  • Fleet assembled, GAA demanded Japan answer within 12 hours or they will (invade? do we still fight war with invasion nowadays?) totally blockage of all trade routes and starve off Japan economy which depends much on import then
  • Japan say fuck it with keeping Tatsuya secret, do the preemptive strike on the GAA fleet and stated that was to response against a clear act of violation and they were only self-defense

Still can big up their right wing agenda, but at least it's not as brain dead on international politics

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-10-05 at 21:06.
Old 2014-10-05, 20:39   Link #169
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Definitely feel pumped up. But agree that the battle is so one-sided that it's not even funny any more.

True that without Tatsuya it would have been a great success for them. Maybe they will slightly trouble against Juumonji and Misaki (?). But they probably at best can shelter the students and get them away safely. The 101 likely to face a massacre or heavy suffer without those instant heal spells. And all data may be lost as Miyuki and Mizuki are not there to prevent it. So it's not as illogical as it seems

However on the entertainment value, the lack of response from the GAA in this case is a real disappointed. How's about capture the end with a mean looking dude saying "Oh, they can do this TOO", or "Now they showed their secret weapon, about time we show ours". Don't even need to be from the LN, just be there to indicate that there's some real mean bad boss out there.

Aside from the fantasy level, not sure if they explains in the novel, but the lack of understanding in geopolitical of the author really bugged me. And hey, i don't mind the take of "Japan against the world" that they were bringing. Fantasy novel tends to have these around, no problem. But seriously real world struggle was so hard to solve, because some idiot aside, conflicts are prevented from further escalations at every level, due to mutual interests. Honestly i won't expect much from someone lazily enough to name something "The Great Asia Alliance" (there is so many thing wrong with this idea that i think i can write a whole essay about it) but let's just skip to the main part, what should have been happened is:
  • the GAA try to steal up technology, kidnap or whatever. This was due to previous incident with Tatsuya leading them to find being threatened by unknown magic power. The lack of intel made them thinking Japan still haven't been able to replicate Tatsuya magic yet (cause they didn't know it was just internal politic ended up sealing him from it) and try to prevent it from happening or steal for themselves
  • the attacks on students were aiming to kidnap some key politician kids for blackmail/ trade for intel
  • remove those bloody brain in the box thingy. What the point of up the opponent power level when they are easily wiped out anyway
  • after been driven off by Tatsuya, they still be able to capture some intels and believed they have gauge the strength of Japan army
  • Japan allow the ship to leave, then dissolve it with Material Bust to pretend it's just an accident. Kinda do a "we both know what happen, but have no proof to accuse" to prevent escalation of the matter (see recently Ukraine conflict)
  • The GAA staged a similar incident happens in the same time and blame the Yokohama incident as a Japanese false flag (as there is limited casualties to Japan side due to Tasuya). Accusing Japan of kidnapping Lu and that invisible guy.
  • Fleet assembled, GAA demanded Japan answer within 12 hours or they will (invade? do we still fight war with invasion nowadays?) totally blockage of all trade routes and starve off Japan economy which depends much on import then
  • Japan say fuck it with keeping Tatsuya secret, do the preemptive strike on the GAA fleet and stated that was to response against a clear act of violation and they were only self-defense

Still can big up their right wing agenda, but at least it's not as brain dead on international politics
What you want is exactly what happens in the Light Novel.

Except the last 3 points since GAA would be dead if they do so. Since Japan bring their registered Strategic Magician, Mio- the fake Loli, into the scene to pressure the GAA into negotiation.
Beside, the losing side is never in any position to make demands, EVER.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-10-05 at 21:11.
Old 2014-10-05, 20:59   Link #170
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
What you want is exactly what happens in the Light Novel.
Great then. I will check it out eventually as it will be forever waiting for S2. And if it was really true then there is few hopes in this level of adaptation

But seriously all of those points were mentioned and they pulled them all off the anime? Even one minute with a still shot of some guys in the dack room could provide the information and make the sequences a lot more logical
Old 2014-10-05, 21:37   Link #171
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Great then. I will check it out eventually as it will be forever waiting for S2. And if it was really true then there is few hopes in this level of adaptation

But seriously all of those points were mentioned and they pulled them all off the anime? Even one minute with a still shot of some guys in the dack room could provide the information and make the sequences a lot more logical
They did pull all the different motives and factors that made all this happen from the anime. I'm not kidding when I think the last two episodes were the most poorly adapted.
Old 2014-10-07, 21:38   Link #172
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
there is nothing right or wrong in war. its just political way to get resources but in a form of force.
That's a very general statement, assuming everyone act rationally, also assuming everyone acting in "national interest". And your 2nd line implies "there's nothing right or wrong in the START of war", but the weight of human lives versus resources is subjective; and if there's nothing right or wrong with the start of war, then it also implies there's nothing right or wrong even in peace, thus rendering the war factor on the 1st line irrelevant.

But whether in war or in peace, there are always a few nuts/retards whose action could result in a worse outcome even when they are "on your side".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
The right-wing reference has nothing to do with the Japan of the Mahouka universe. It has to do with how the author structures his world and what actions he lets his protagonists and actors in that world take. Considering the current real-world climate a show which emphasises a constant threat from a big mainland nation attacking poor Japan unprovoked plus the portrayal of a strong military and weapons with limitless power is bound to invite right-wing propaganda accusations. And seeing it all I am trending towards the notion that the author has right-wing tendencies.
But if Code Geass' can be argued as being "not right-wing", then this can too.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2014-10-08 at 00:49.
Closed Thread