AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2016-04-20, 06:19   Link #121
Router25
World Connector. I think

Looks like time will tell the fate of TV UC, well we are now sure that the new Neo Zeong fight is real.
Old 2016-04-20, 19:58   Link #122
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
What's left to remaster anyway? I guess X, 0080, and SD Gundam?
Yep. And SunDai just have to release my favorite show (0080) last or second-last (I don’t count SD coz it’s for kids). But since I like both X & 0080, whatever Remaster they pick for next release will be a treat for me. I also need to re-watch those two series even though 0080 is still quite fresh in my mind.
Old 2016-04-20, 20:46   Link #123
darkone45

How are the ratings of this ?
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 21:59   Link #124
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
How are the ratings of this ?
Low. First ep got a 1.9%. Generally it only goes down from there.
Old 2016-04-20, 22:12   Link #125
xeviouses

Quote:
Low. First ep got a 1.9%. Generally it only goes down from there.
Huh, I kinda expected that it will be low. Between shoddy editing, bad airing time and the general waning interest in Gundam, the low rating comes with no surprise this time.

So ultimately, IBO failed to draw in more japanese audience for the Gundam anime branch.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 22:21   Link #126
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
So ultimately, IBO failed to draw in more japanese audience for the Gundam anime branch.
I don't think this and IBO are aimed at the same audience, really. It's airing at a time slot for kids... And I'm not sure they really wanted it to be for kids. In fact not quite sure what the broadcast of Unicorn is for. It's already the best selling OVA in history, and I assume most fans that would be interested in it have already seen it. And new Gundam watchers would probably be more confused by it than anything.
Old 2016-04-20, 22:40   Link #127
darkone45

Quote:
I don't think this and IBO are aimed at the same audience, really. It's airing at a time slot for kids... And I'm not sure they really wanted it to be for kids. In fact not quite sure what the broadcast of Unicorn is for. It's already the best selling OVA in history, and I assume most fans that would be interested in it have already seen it. And new Gundam watchers would probably be more confused by it than anything.
seems to me shows like Unicorn and IBO are more for an older audience Yet Sunrise still Air these animes on a kids channel ? just change the time slots this my first Time watching UC and I'm enjoying it quite a lot so I don't understand why its so low.
Old 2016-04-20, 22:44   Link #128
darkone45

Quote:
Huh, I kinda expected that it will be low. Between shoddy editing, bad airing time and the general waning interest in Gundam, the low rating comes with no surprise this time.

I don't see the point your making If Unicorn aired First it would have got the same rating nonetheless and shockingly its lower then IBO in terms of rating and I know its just cut up OVAs But I expect little more from UC since its a Real big deal for Gundam UC time line
Old 2016-04-20, 23:02   Link #129
xeviouses

Quote:
Promotion for their gunpla line then? Don't know how much the Unicorn Kits sold though, I only bought the Delta Plus.

Quote:
I don't see the point your making If Unicorn aired First it would have got the same rating nonetheless and shockingly its lower then IBO in terms of rating and I know its just cut up OVAs But I expect little more from UC since its a Real big deal for Gundam UC time line
I'm saying that IBO, being set in a different universe would have drawn in newer audiences who would want to see what the fuss about Gundam is. If they like the franchise, then they could check other shows, with Unicorn(TV) being the most accessible. But yeah timeline confusion and all that.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 23:18   Link #130
darkone45

Quote:
I'm saying that IBO, being set in a different universe would have drawn in newer audiences who would want to see what the fuss about Gundam is. If they like the franchise, then they could check other shows, with Unicorn(TV) being the most accessible. But yeah timeline confusion and all that.
I guess it all just boils down to is Time slot I hope with season 2 on the way they put it a better time slot the same gose for Thunderbolt ( if it gets air on tv ) or any other new Gundam anime for that matter Sunday is just a no go Thursday would be better ( they did it for G reco right ? )
Old 2016-04-20, 23:57   Link #131
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
seems to me shows like Unicorn and IBO are more for an older audience Yet Sunrise still Air these animes on a kids channel ? just change the time slots this my first Time watching UC and I'm enjoying it quite a lot so I don't understand why its so low.
Gundam is mecha icon in Japan, of course they want to cover as many viewers as possible.
Yet, most complaints for IBO come from older viewers, most likely the reception won't change much even if the timeslot changed.

Unicorn low rating is kinda expected IMO.
The series (OVA) already finished, most Gundam audience already watched it, let alone low quality editing and setting that not for newcomers. So the only interesting things to look forward from Unicorn series will be the additional contents and (possibly) new kit introduced following the additional content, which most believed won't show up until the series reach Episode 4 OVA or later.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 06:04   Link #132
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Gundam is mecha icon in Japan, of course they want to cover as many viewers as possible.
Yet, most complaints for IBO come from older viewers, most likely the reception won't change much even if the timeslot changed.

Unicorn low rating is kinda expected IMO.
The series (OVA) already finished, most Gundam audience already watched it, let alone low quality editing and setting that not for newcomers. So the only interesting things to look forward from Unicorn series will be the additional contents and (possibly) new kit introduced following the additional content, which most believed won't show up until the series reach Episode 4 OVA or later.
I know this not the thread for this but what did older Viewers even complain about the MC being to violent ? their meant to be battle harden war Orphans what do they even expect this anime was going to be with a title like iron Blooded Orphans ?

Last edited by darkone45; 2016-04-21 at 06:30.
Old 2016-04-23, 22:08   Link #133
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
I know this not the thread for this but what did older Viewers even complain about the MC being to violent ? their meant to be battle harden war Orphans what do they even expect this anime was going to be with a title like iron Blooded Orphans ?
Well in my opinion, I think they still judge IBO based on standards set by the previous Gundam shows in terms of storyline and characterization.
Old 2016-04-24, 02:34   Link #134
Tetsu Aero

Episode 4 had a nice but long narration at the start. And it was finally explained who Syam was. Something the OVA forgot to do.

Is there any blog or something that list the differences between the OVA and episodes?
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 20:06   Link #135
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I didn't watch the OVAs but the fourth episode's ending felt a bit rushed.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 03:23   Link #136
AHT

世帯 個人 kid ten   m1  m2  m3   f1  f2  f3
*1.9 *1.1 *2.2 *1.0  *1.9 *2.3 *0.6  *0.4 *1.1 *0.4    01話
*2.5 *1.3 *2.6 *1.0  *0.0 *3.8 *1.0  *0.8 *1.4 *0.6    02話
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-28, 20:27   Link #137
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
That really looks like it might be higher than IBO's Season 1's average, which is impressive considering this airs at what, Wednesday at 7AM as opposed to IBO's Sunday 5PM primetime slot and is basically a rehash show. Most of them appear to be older male viewers too, so maybe they just like seeing a UC show on TV again?

Though we'll have to see whether it keeps it up, thing might drop a lot of they realize there isn't much difference - at least for the OVA crowd anyways.
Old 2016-04-28, 20:30   Link #138
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Unfortunately for Gundam's popularity and continued survival as a franchise, its biggest obstacle is its fanbase.
Old 2016-04-29, 22:20   Link #139
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Unfortunately for Gundam's popularity and continued survival as a franchise, its biggest obstacle is its fanbase.
I don't think the fanbase is an "obstacle". The bigger problem is that the franchise isn't capturing the attention of young people in Japan these days. And rightfully so, since the themes of war hasnt exactly been relevant to the country for 70 years.
Old 2016-04-29, 22:30   Link #140
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHT View Post
世帯 個人 kid ten   m1  m2  m3   f1  f2  f3
*1.9 *1.1 *2.2 *1.0  *1.9 *2.3 *0.6  *0.4 *1.1 *0.4    01話
*2.5 *1.3 *2.6 *1.0  *0.0 *3.8 *1.0  *0.8 *1.4 *0.6    02話
There is only one that high and its the  *3.8 * everything else is pretty low.