AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 13 21.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 31.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 23.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-28, 17:45   Link #101
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
The bodybag, remember the bodybag. Even A-drei looked at her with regret. :/
He probably didn't know they were going to imprison her like that when he delivered her. I suspect that rather than a "hostage" situation, the Karlstein students will betray Cain once the X-eins' earring recording is out and will rescue Saki as leverage to get into New Jior.

They can be the ones who get L-Elf out his state. There's too much emphasis on their comradeship since season 2 started to be accidental, last episode sealed the deal for me with A-drei keeping his earring. L-Elf didn't even think about killing Q-vier when he re-evaluated the scenario, that tells you who he values more deep inside. A-drei's not giving up him. Just a guess.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-11-28, 18:05   Link #102
LystAP

Out of curiosity, what were the names of the upcoming episodes again?
Old 2013-11-28, 18:07   Link #103
LightDragonman

From the preview, it does seem that X-Eins is the one handing over Saki, so you may be right.
Old 2013-11-28, 18:14   Link #104
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
From the preview, it does seem that X-Eins is the one handing over Saki, so you may be right.
Yeah, they would either kidnap Saki and the units or pretend to do an exchange and betray them to switch sides. A-drei looking at Saki with regret for the state she's in (which he shouldn't. As far as he knows, she's a prisoner, but really humanizes him away from Cain's ideas) is a huge hint.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-11-28, 18:15   Link #105
LightDragonman

I wouldn't be surprised if seeing her execution made him have a My God What Have I Done moment.
Old 2013-11-28, 18:51   Link #106
finalfury
Incognito

Don't think this was mentioned but Haruto was portrayed much better imo in this episode. A bit angsty yes, but fully aware of his issues and the urgency to deal with them asap.
Old 2013-11-28, 18:52   Link #107
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Out of curiosity, what were the names of the upcoming episodes again?
The title is the Price of Lie.
In this episode, they already showed several lies. All shouko's effort is in vain. She relies on ARUS teleconferencing system, but Dorassia hotline hijacking steals her show. It as attending Allies conference and finding an Axis leader as the guest of honor. To cover the trail, ARUS president accused shouko by saying what is it. It shows he chooses to side with Council 101 instead of NEWTYPE JIOR students.

The episode has a good start. Haruto "sunk" phandom submarine in the space.
The reunion scenses are good. Haruto-Shouko ship is strong.
Images
reunion
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The story hasn't forgotten the Student Council bishoujo Iori. Her reunion with her father is very brief. Then, people are going MIA.
Images
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2013-11-28 at 19:08.
Old 2013-11-28, 19:03   Link #108
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
She's always been kind of damaged in all sorts of ways; therefore, it could be sadly understandable why she's still sane in the future. She's already used to many types of things, especially when it comes to physical and mental distress. There's this thing in media, where' if your immortal, it's suddenly okay to "hurt" you, because your immortal, regardless of any psychological trauma.
This gives me a C.C feeling. Hopefully not a C.C ending
Old 2013-11-28, 19:20   Link #109
charago

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightDragonman View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if seeing her execution made him have a My God What Have I Done moment.
A-Drei just regret that he haven't asked Saki about L-Elf betrayal. I'm sure when the time comes he will ask about it.

And now, i think i'm feeling so depressed since all my fav characters are depressed too..poor L-Elf..poor Saki...poor Haruto...your life in sunrise is destined to be a rough life..

In the future i won't be surprised if sunrise make Shouko killed by Dorssia troops or the NJior haters right after she confessed to Haruto and saying she love him even if he is called a monster..that would complete the set of double protagonist with a depressing love relationship.."let's double the despair!!"..

and i really want to see A-Drei and X-Ein realize about Cain and the Magius and start to join in rebel to destroy Magius and together with Valvraves wipe the alien from human world!!
Old 2013-11-28, 19:24   Link #110
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

^ 200 years seem like a good amount of time to deal with trauma that happened 184ish years ago. She appears to be pretty content in the bits we've seen of the future.

Though I agree, she's very lonely and getting a lot of crap right now. The body bag was a lot worse than getting killed, imo
Feel bad for her. If not Akira, it would've been nice to see her hang out with Lise, who would also have been an outsider and could've told her a number or two about immortality and what to expect. They're very different, but somehow I could've seen them becoming friends, vaguely similar to how her and Aina were. Alas, it wasn't meant to be...

If we didn't know she survives, that capsule would've made me worry about her survival though. Ugh.
Old 2013-11-28, 19:26   Link #111
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Can anyone tell whose Kirschbaum that is holding the capsule in the preview?
Old 2013-11-28, 19:29   Link #112
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Can anyone tell whose Kirschbaum that is holding the capsule in the preview?
I think it's X-eins'. You see his and A-drei's Kirscbaums in the preview at least.

Old 2013-11-28, 19:33   Link #113
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I think it's X-eins'. You see his and A-drei's Kirscbaums in the preview at least.
Hopefully he does something more than H-Neun. He'll probably toss the capsule containing the hostage to screw Cain over, but still die shortly afterwards.
Old 2013-11-28, 20:05   Link #114
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Ugh. Haven't seen the episode yet, but the descriptions and screencaps are not looking fun. I was expecting Saki to have a rough time and to be experimented on in the name of science, or tortured for info even, but being "killed" cruelly in the manner she was there is a bit much. Poor Saki. Horrible abusive childhood, rape, and now torture. While I can understand that Dorssia wouldn't treat her with kid gloves, the tendency of the series to default to Saki having a rotten time is a downer. Of course, other characters have had a bad time too, but out of the main few characters Saki seems to have had it the worst.
Old 2013-11-28, 20:15   Link #115
LightDragonman

IKR? Poor girl.

Haruto, now are you gonna try to rescue her? Cause if you're just gonna angst about the situation and forget about it, you have lost a lot of respect.
Old 2013-11-28, 20:21   Link #116
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

^ Unfair, considering apart from L-Elf leaving a note and Valvrave, he's the only one who expressed any concern about Saki whatsoever. Everyone else showed zero care and just wanted to give interviews and watch TV and go on dates.

Haruto just can't get a break, can he... v_v
Old 2013-11-28, 20:21   Link #117
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Kinda expected that 'kamitsuki reveal' at the end, but oh boy, that was still brutal. (Damn Magius!) Being Saki sure is suffering. Fortunately, it looks like X-eins or A-drei (or both) will do something about it the next episode.

I feel bad for L-elf's state as well, Lieselotte's death has really hit him hard. Hope he'll pull himself together soon - perhaps he'll be the one to guide M77 out of the mess.

On the other hand, good to see Shouko back. Her reunion was Haruto wasn't much, but it was still nice to watch. However, now that the kamitsukis' secrets have been exposed, I wonder how Shouko and the other students will treat the pilots. They would probably feel betrayed, and a rift might develop between the groups.
Old 2013-11-28, 20:31   Link #118
LightDragonman

I'll give Haruto that.

How sadly ironic. Saki, the girl who wanted nothing more than to be noticed, is given nary a second thought about her situation by the others. I would;t be surprised if they choose not to go after her because of some sort of bullcrap reason.

Thankfully, it does seem like A-Drei and X-Eins are giving her back to the heroes next episode.
Old 2013-11-28, 20:32   Link #119
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
The title is the Price of Lie.
In this episode, they already showed several lies. All shouko's effort is in vain. She relies on ARUS teleconferencing system, but Dorassia hotline hijacking steals her show. It as attending Allies conference and finding an Axis leader as the guest of honor. To cover the trail, ARUS president accused shouko by saying what is it. It shows he chooses to side with Council 101 instead of NEWTYPE JIOR students.

The episode has a good start. Haruto "sunk" phandom submarine in the space.
The reunion scenses are good. Haruto-Shouko ship is strong.
Images
reunion

The story hasn't forgotten the Student Council bishoujo Iori. Her reunion with her father is very brief. Then, people are going MIA.
Images
My guess is that the Magius and a Phantom ship snuck in with the ARUS fleet.
Old 2013-11-28, 20:35   Link #120
Thess

Maybe not next episode, but it'll set up for her release. The Royalists finding out about the Magius through X-eins and A-drei is another possibility. The chips will be moving, they already know the non-humans exist in this world thanks to the Magius' poorly thought display.

Closed Thread