AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-08-31, 20:15   Link #41
marvelB

Time for a bump!

Well, Hijikata's arc is over, and we just got through a horse racing mini-arc, as well. As for the current chapters, Sugimoto and co. have found themselves in bear-y big trouble! Still, I gotta say that Shiraishi was the true star of this last batch of chapters! From relying on a fortune teller to further fuel his gambling addiction to screwing over Asirpa by breaking her bow.... ah, I can never get tired of his shenanigans.

And hey, we're also back to killing forest critters for tasty Ainu meals (now including seal clubbing!). But back to that fortune teller, I have to wonder what connection she has with Asirpa's father....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-17, 15:32   Link #42
marvelB

And now the next arc has concluded. Amidst an attack from three bears, another two "bears" were discovered.... which led to the most beautiful love story ever told. Just too bad that Sugimoto had to ruin the end by heading off to skin them, lol.
Old 2017-04-22, 00:54   Link #43
marvelB

Images
Hinna, Hinna!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's been a while, friends.

Anyway, I didn't have time to catch up to this series for a while due to being busy, but I just recently finished bingeing volumes 8 and 9! And my goodness, the thrills, chills, and spills! I won't go into much detail, but at least we now know that Sugimoto's group formed an alliance with Hijikata's. Of course, that nutty lieutenant Tsurumi isn't making things any easier for our gang of treasure hunters.....

Still, volume 9 in particular was great. We got to learn a bit about Shiraishi's past (which involves an incredible quest for love), we see Professor Penis Ushiyama judo throw a freaking bear, and yet, I still feel that chapter 90's ending trumps all of that incredible stuff. Also, I gotta say that the taxidermist Edogai instantly became one of my favorite characters once his true nature was revealed.... he feels like he came straight out of Jojo. I swear, the villains just become more and more twisted the further the series goes on..... and I freaking love it. Can't wait to see what nutjobs volume 10 will bring us....

BTW, I should also point out that this series got licensed quite a while ago. It really deserves a lot more love too, it's so awesome.....
Old 2017-04-23, 08:55   Link #44
marvelB

And what a coincidence, volume 10 translations begin just a couple days after I caught up!

Anyways, just another cooking chapter, for the most part. Still, poor Professor Penis, being denied the company of an entire village of Ainu women (loved how even his boner was dragging along the ground, lol). Meanwhile, Hijikata and Kiroranke set off to save a certain escape artist....
Old 2017-08-27, 08:26   Link #45
Insaint

That crazy son of a b!tch did it!
Have the exact same reaction as sugimoto
that bear face absolutely cracks me up.
Insaint is offline   Reply With Quote