AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-01, 18:07   Link #61
kuromitsu

This was my face watching this episode: (˵ ͠ಥ‿ ͠ಥ˵)
Why is this show so cute?! How?!
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 21:03   Link #62
LKK

The youkai world was gorgeous! I didn't expect this show which admittedly gives us average visuals to deliver such a magical sequence. I was wide-eyed and holding my breath during that sequence.

I'm concerned about the two men who were talking about seeing an oni child earlier. I hope they were looking for the oni (who is most likely Conny) for curiosity purposes and not a more sinister reason.

(The show has gone beyond what I've read, so I'm in the dark now about future developments.)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 22:39   Link #63
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Oh my god, this episode was so so so so cute! I loved all the different creatures in that forest, especially that small oni living in the tree. He was awesome. The god of the shrine was also pretty adorable.

But I do gotta wonder how none of the other creatures didn't realize that Mii was missing.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 22:44   Link #64
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was magnificent on every level. So warm, so beautiful, so kawaii... A perfect specimen of the breed of anime this series is.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 22:56   Link #65
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I want to know what the unicorn pig with the starlight back half was. I recognized the nine-tailed fox and the oni kid and maybe one or two others, but that one just doesn't ring a bell.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 00:05   Link #66
jpwong

It might be the cutified version of a Kirin/Qilin. It's the only eastern thing I found that has any sort of yokai refrence.
Old 2018-03-02, 12:24   Link #67
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Kirin/Qilin would be my best guess as well.

I wholeheartedly agree with everyone else. I enjoy every episode, and think everyone is cute. But, this one was especially so. I wouldn't mind a few more episodes that focus on the yokai world in this series.
Old 2018-03-03, 22:02   Link #68
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

That was a really cute and beautiful episode. Admittingly, I was half expecting Natsume to make a cameo appearance during Mii's trek through the supernatural forest.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 16:31   Link #69
Nivek von Beldo

Kamiya have lived some serious shit...that was Isao or other dragon? seems Kamiya got an awful experience and that dragon/creature hunter..the same the other day? Seems even Conney got Issues with Humans and was so lonely ,

Kamiya is so tsundere, the perfect example a male tsundere in anime.

So we got that Dog Statue..that is why Sora have so fear have to be restrained?

Nice Chapter
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 17:32   Link #70
kuromitsu

I started out smiling at all the tsundere-ness in this episode, but it slowly turned into something else in the second half... When Conny reached out to hold that dried blade of grass I may or may not have had something in my eyes.

And it seems that the dragon Tazuki saved was Isao? That would explain why he's so smart, he's probably older than Mii and Conny.
Old 2018-03-08, 17:47   Link #71
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I always assumed that was Isao.

That moment when Isao comforts Mii-kun with his tail... My allergies.
Old 2018-03-08, 17:59   Link #72
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Actually, I suspect the dragon is the one that one guy photographed on his roof that one time. The color didn't look quite the same as Isao, so I'm guessing a different dragon. Not to mention I'd expect some stronger interactions when they met, and Tazuki wouldn't have to just say "I hear he's doing great right now". Why not just tell him "it was Isao"?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-08, 18:01   Link #73
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, Tazuki's dragon does seem a little yellower now that you mention it.
Old 2018-03-09, 21:49   Link #74
LKK

I watched the episode again tonight. I noticed something I missed before about Isao and the dragon in the flashback. Isao has fins at the end of his tail. The dragon in the flashback doesn't. Add this to all the other indications that Isao and flashback-dragon aren't the same critter, I think we can declare them to be 2 separate dragons.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2018-03-10, 16:06   Link #75
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
...Tazuki wouldn't have to just say "I hear he's doing great right now". Why not just tell him "it was Isao"?
Yeah, based on that line, the past dragon was not Isao.

Such a wonderful, touching episode with Tazuki and Conny. This pair is my favourite from the series.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 15:59   Link #76
Nivek von Beldo

So the Statue of Anubis from the Opening make his appareance..well his just a statue but a very funny one.

So Hiccup make Sora ashame, so your wish was conceded Tazuki, almost the same the whole Mii-Kun losing his bandages, this chapter was so fun.

That yaoi feeling between Sora and Tazuki...and next chapter is a festival.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 17:41   Link #77
kuromitsu

So many adorable critter moments in this episode. Mii-kun and Conny being all ready to fight! Mii-kun rolling around on Aa-yan! Aa-yan getting pulled around by Pochi!

(Just, Aa-yan in general. Who would have thought that an Anubis statue could be so fun?)

Also, that "are you embarrassed" scene...

<●><●>カッ

(No way this wasn't intentional.)

But the next episode's title... does it mean that's the last episode? Noooo! I want this show to go on forever and ever! What am I going to do without my weekly adorbs critter fix? Am I supposed to go back to annoying the office dog?
Old 2018-03-15, 18:39   Link #78
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
But the next episode's title... does it mean that's the last episode? Noooo! I want this show to go on forever and ever! What am I going to do without my weekly adorbs critter fix? Am I supposed to go back to annoying the office dog?
The DVD listing at CDJapan says that there are 12 episodes. Today's episode is #10. So there should be 2 more episodes left. DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT. insinuating there was only 1 episode left

I'm going to severely miss the show when it ends. But I still have volume 4 of the manga to read so that's some solace.

Aa-yan's voice sounded very familiar. Did anyone catch who the voice actor is?

Old 2018-03-15, 19:02   Link #79
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The DVD listing at CDJapan says that there are 12 episodes. Today's episode is #10. So there should be 2 more episodes left. DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT. insinuating there was only 1 episode left
Whew!! I got scared, too... but at least there's two more episodes to go! And I'll have to start reading the manga after that... sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Aa-yan's voice sounded very familiar. Did anyone catch who the voice actor is?
It's the one and only Nakao Ryuusei!
Old 2018-03-16, 17:11   Link #80
Blaat

What happened to Tazuki? One moment he was holding Sora down and then he had a bit of black out. What caused it? Was it Muku Muku, Mii-kan or does Tazuki have some disease?

Also Frieza's seiyuu was perfect as Anubis.