AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 107 55.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 24.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 6.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.07%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.07%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.52%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.52%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.59%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-20, 06:17   Link #221
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Stupid and lacking common sense yes, but still better than becoming a stationary target at point blank range like Mr. GG.
Well, there you go, stupid but cool. Gundam 00's fight scenes in a nutshell. Whatever you do, just don't call it realistic. People are still arguing over specifics of the Lacus assassination (fascinating thread IMO), so I think there's no minutiae that can be left overlooked without some decent discussion.

Trust me, I'm enjoying these episodes just as much as everything else. I have no problem dispensing of any belief in realism when I actually watch it. It just irks me when any and all criticism gets hated on and everyone jumps in to defend actions when there's no actual evidence for it.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 06:18   Link #222
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Number of Hellions seen engaging Virtue or Exia... ? The different superpowers clearly partitioned amongst themselves in dealing with the Gundams. You don't see Lockon shooting any Tieren, for example. Again, it's funny, because Kyrios' power output is clearly loads above a Tieren's (reference the episode where Kyrios Supermans the runaway HRL block), yet they get knocked out of the sky so easily when the plot calls for them to be beat up.
Watch episode 15 again. The sky is filled with Hellions which is what brought down both Kyrios and Dynames. Then they were messed up by both HRL Long Range Tierens and AEU Ground Hellions.

Then, Hellions did bombing runs for both sides. This was done for several hours with the only side that used actual combat units for harassment on the ground were HRL Tierens.

Also, even Tierens are not as fast as Hellions, that much is obvious, in an air battle. Even if the power output is high for the Kyrios, it's pilot has never encountered (none of them have) attacks of this scale. That even if Al/Lockon manages to destroy some, a lot more is coming for them. Which is what happened. None of that one straight beam destroys all of the enemy in one shot just because.

Lockon did get messed up by Tierens if you'd like to watch the episode again for confirmation.

Just because you didn't see 832 mobile suits doesn't mean they didn't have 832 mobile suits in the fight.

Quote:
Why do you guys compare Gundams to people anyways? Gundams aren't people. They're machines. I'm pretty sure that if you're in a tank, and you're getting shelled, you'd want to get the hell out, not sit there and take it--especially when your armor can handle the hits anyways.
Because a tank that can handle a hit will still be pushed back and rocked if a building falls on it, which is basically what happened to them this episode.

They are pinned down by enemy fire. If they are hit, they will feel the force and they will either fall or bounce off the ground. Of course they aren't damaged, but human pilots feeling this over the course of a day will get shock as a result.

EDIT:
Quote:
Pretty sure flying straight in a canyon at a sniper is stupid too. It's badass though, and it made for a cool scene, so I'm not complaining about that.
my response to that

Quote:
When the target is traveling at full speed and your fingertips are basically numbed to even respond properly.
Also, Joshua was right in front of Lockon. Hard to miss from that range. Graham had space to dodge, even if a bit narrow, he still had it. Lockon's shots weren't Virtue sized shots, mind you. It won't cover the entire canyon's space with a shot.
Old 2008-01-20, 06:21   Link #223
sart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Well, there you go, stupid but cool.
yea im pretty sure lockon missed all 8 shots wide left and right for shits and giggles eh?
sart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 06:22   Link #224
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Well, there you go, stupid but cool. Gundam 00's fight scenes in a nutshell. Whatever you do, just don't call it realistic. People are still arguing over specifics of the Lacus assassination (fascinating thread IMO), so I think there's no minutiae that can be left overlooked without some decent discussion.

Trust me, I'm enjoying these episodes just as much as everything else. I have no problem dispensing of any belief in realism when I actually watch it. It just irks me when any and all criticism gets hated on and everyone jumps in to defend actions when there's no actual evidence for it.
Believe me, I don't watch anime for realism. Especially not mecha.

As for all these arguments, it's all just fun to try and make the scenarios work out as "realistically" as possible. If it works in-universe with a degree of logic, then it's "realistic" enough for me!

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 06:47   Link #225
sart

Quote:
It just irks me when any and all criticism gets hated on and everyone jumps in to defend actions when there's no actual evidence for it.
Evidence? You're the one sitting there throwing out hypothetical and what if questions w/o any evidence to back up your claims as well. Its pretty easy when the burden of proof is on the other party isnt it? While you have nothing to back up your claims. why don't exia fly up? really? Yea im PRETTY sure the commanders and military tacticians on hand can handle that. "oh shit son he's flying up! now we're screwed." really now...
sart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 07:02   Link #226
Chase

Quote:
It just irks me when any and all criticism gets hated on and everyone jumps in to defend actions when there's no actual evidence for it.
If thats the case, then you have been defeating your own arguments based on the "so called" evidence you've provided. Works easily when its not in reverse doesnt it

Last edited by Chase; 2008-01-20 at 07:33.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 07:57   Link #227
Ryuk

Ah the Meisters disappoint me, they were far to stationary and thus got owned. I'm looking forward to the arrival of the thrones and the coming slaughter in the desert
Ryuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 08:28   Link #228
Peein

Gundam Throne Eins, Pilot: Johann Trinity
Gundam Throne Zwei, Pilot: Michael Trinity
Gundam Throne Drei, Pilot: Nena Trinity
Peein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 08:40   Link #229
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Pretty sure flying straight in a canyon at a sniper is stupid too.
Uhm....no. It happened to me, once. Playing SD Gundam online, and I know how people feel when you try to snipe something that charge forward you at high speed, even at cramped place. You can't adjust the aiming point (bad word, but English isn't my first language) that fast when you are sniping.

Quote:
About this whole missle spamming: Why didn't they use Virtue to get rid of all those missiles, while still in the air, so that Lockon could have continued to snipe without beeing bothered by missiles.
Virtue isn't Meteor. It's not like they have expected it, either.
Old 2008-01-20, 08:56   Link #230
Child_of_Sierra

I never got that part about the Exia and Virtue separating to escape.

It makes sense when you want to increase the chances of someone making it out to tell the tale but considering that CB gets screwed if even one gundam falls to enemy hands their survival actually depends on all of them getting out. Exia should have stayed with Virtue all the way out. At the very least he should have tried to confirm the status of the others.

The meisters' failure this ep can be attributed as much for their lack of cohesiveness as much as the odds against them (though i did watch the raw so maybe this was explained and i missed it?)
Old 2008-01-20, 09:00   Link #231
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
I never got that part about the Exia and Virtue separating to escape.

It makes sense when you want to increase the chances of someone making it out to tell the tale but considering that CB gets screwed if even one gundam falls to enemy hands their survival actually depends on all of them getting out. Exia should have stayed with Virtue all the way out. At the very least he should have tried to confirm the status of the others.

The meisters' failure this ep can be attributed as much for their lack of cohesiveness as much as the odds against them (though i did watch the raw so maybe this was explained and i missed it?)
Come to think of it, why did they not stay together from the very beginning?

I'm sure Virtue can do Burst Mode and create a pathway for escape from within the battlefield as well as it can from the edge of it.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 09:03   Link #232
astranagun

To The Small One

Seeing that image I personally think that the cockpit is placed under the bottom part of the GN drive circle.
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 09:09   Link #233
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Come to think of it, why did they not stay together from the very beginning?
The tag-teams were a good choice. One pair to go in, and another to act as reserve/back-up. Sumeragi may not want to put all 4 in range of whatever weaponry the enemy has so separating them at the start was a good choice. I'm just puzzled why none of them thought of staying together when they were retreating (kyrios/dynames both had hours to regroup, and Exia/Virtue separated)
Old 2008-01-20, 09:13   Link #234
astranagun

Quote:
The tag-teams were a good choice. One pair to go in, and another to act as reserve/back-up. Sumeragi may not want to put all 4 in range of whatever weaponry the enemy has so separating them at the start was a good choice. I'm just puzzled why they (the pairings) opted to retreat separately instead of regrouping first
Maybe because it's more difficult to track down or block four separated objectives instead of two
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 09:13   Link #235
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
I'm just puzzled why none of them thought of staying together when they were retreating (kyrios/dynames both had hours to regroup, and Exia/Virtue separated)
Pyschologically stress at that time from the sudden change of tactics by the 3 organisations, making them to make a hasty decision to split instead of regrouping together.
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 09:20   Link #236
Terra

One Kyrios and Dynames got seperated, they got stuck with the bombardment being thrown at them. Plus Allelujah couldn't really do a lot with the pain he was in from Soma.

I find it interesting that Allelujah is badly affected by her, but Hallelujah isn't. Even the first time it happened, he was really just pissed at her being in his head than showing any signs of pain like Allelujah.
Old 2008-01-20, 09:55   Link #237
flarezard

If someone thinks they can escape from those missiles, try reading "The Battle of Carrhae"

Gundam meisters' situation in this episode is not different from Roman army's situation in that battle... Not at all...

One thing I must say. The missiles is scarier than arrows because they create explosion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Carrhae
flarezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 12:15   Link #238
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
hmm....this episode finally justify why Gundam 00 seems so interesting to watch.

I detaste gundam with every fiber of my body, probably because they always seem to be in "GOD-MODE" and its all beam this beam that.

So i was worried why this new series been giving me trouble, i can drop it.

But this episode, just justify it for me.

Gundam's aren't infallible.

and there seems to be a bit more tactics thrown in, well at leased more then in other gundams series.

Plus i guess it's also the near-plausible future settings, that seems so familiar yet still remain futuristic.

as for some answers to some of the question i've seen thrown about, well i agree with some people that Sumeragi (the tactical forecaster)

obvious she knew, billy been leaking intel to her, but at the same timer she can not act on it, or she would immediately be suspected as a C.B agent and that would restrict her movement.

Secondly, she allowed them to walk into it because as someone mentioned, that this was a desirable battle.

It very plausible this gives C.B. the opportunity to severely weaken all three global powers military strength in one blow.

Spoiler:

oh well can't wait for ep16!!! >_<

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2008-01-20 at 13:17.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 13:06   Link #239
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
wait what? a gundum was captured?!
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 13:17   Link #240
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFreak1 View Post
wait what? a gundum was captured?!
wait what? dunno what your talking about.

stop making things up