Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-05-02, 07:01   Link #81
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The original actor was too expensive. He was literally the highest paid actor in the first film; yes, even more than RDJ. You can't honestly say he was worth more than the main lead.

Marvel asked his agent for a justified paycut for the 2nd film, the agent had him removed from the deal. He was gone.

Nothing they can do about it. Marvel was right to ask for a pay cut.
What? Terrence Howard wasn't even that famous (especially compared to Tony or the guy who'se playing Rhodey now, how's it that he was paid so much? That's a little bit of a cheap move imho
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 07:39   Link #82
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
they have too now dude, but im lookin forward to Thor movie XD
Oh yeah, I remember why we're bros. Cuz' we think so much alike :'D lol

Yeah, I msot definitely hope the Thor movie is good. Hope they don't make Loki some weird little wimp... :/ that would be disappointing.

I can already see the puns... "Loki stole Thor's thunder!'
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 11:24   Link #83
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

they got the guy from Star trek movie to do thor, the one who played Kerk.
Old 2010-05-03, 03:32   Link #84
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

I've been hearing that this sequel is not good. :/ I didn't expect it to measure up to the original, but I didn't expect it to completely suck. But I'm going to go see it anyway, who am I kidding, hah.

The first one was such a great ride -- and G.Paltrow had the best suits. God, I loved her wardrobe.

Plus, I bought a 24 pack of Dr. Diet Pepper the other day and Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow character is all over the cans. It annoys the heck out of me because I've been starring at the cans often as it sits on my desk this past week. Not too much of a fan of her look on the cans or on the movie posters.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 04:33   Link #85
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The movie ain't BAD, but it really is average...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 05:13   Link #86
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

"Sharded" is the best word for this movie. It felt like bits and pieces of the source being pieced together to form a decent plot. I'm 50-50 on this one because there are some parts that the plot failed to connect from one scene to another.

If I would rate it, it would be a 7, compared to Clash of the Titans which gets an 8.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 08:51   Link #87
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Haven't seen the movie prolly will watch it this weekend or sooner if get time . More than Iron Man I want to see reprisal of Tony Stark loved what he brought to the table . Having enjoyed Downey's portrayal of Holmes have hight expectations on this one ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
The first one was such a great ride -- and G.Paltrow had the best suits. God, I loved her wardrobe.
Yeah loved the way Paltrow handled that role with poise and elegance .Pepper served as perfect the buffer for Tony's eccentricities and that too did it with a lot of style .

Have been a fan of Paltrow, she hasn't been this good since Se7en / Great Expectations .
Old 2010-05-03, 10:24   Link #88
Gordy Lechance

Herein lies the huge plot hole concerning War Machine's maintenance
Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-03, 11:22   Link #89
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 18:55   Link #90
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2010-05-03, 21:46   Link #91
Gordy Lechance

With a bit of luck we can hope Mr Stark isn't clumsy enough to let the secret of the
Spoiler:

be leaked out as well.
Old 2010-05-04, 00:55   Link #92
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Alot of comic references here. Tony having drinking problems and dying. Though instead of handing down the CEO position to Rodes and giving the armor like in the comic. Pepper got the CEO position and Rodes took off with the MarkII armor.

Oh and yes ALOT of Avengers weapons are seen.

Spoiler for For Thor they mus get this GUY!!!:
Old 2010-05-04, 01:55   Link #93
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Alot of comic references here. Tony having drinking problems and dying. Though instead of handing down the CEO position to Rodes and giving the armor like in the comic. Pepper got the CEO position and Rodes took off with the MarkII armor.

Oh and yes ALOT of Avengers weapons are seen.

Spoiler for For Thor they mus get this GUY!!!:
This. Triple H is indeed best fit for the part judging simply by his looks. I'd just be concerned whether or not he'd be able to pull off the acting since the only thing he ever did was act like a wannabe badass

Anyways, just saw the movie last night and I have to say that it's a little less worth watching than the first movie, but it was still worth the 2.5 years of waiting I loved the movie from start to finish. There's only two things I didn't like about this. What I liked about the first movie was that it wasn't over-dramatized like the other Marvel movies (Spiderman and Xmen). This one was getting there though.

Spoiler for Movie:

But despite this, and despite the fact that it didn't bring new things the first movie didn't have, I still really liked the movie and it was worth watching in the big screens. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't really meet my expectations that it would be my favorite movie this year. If it keeps going, I think "How To Train Your Dragon" is going to take that prize
Old 2010-05-04, 02:33   Link #94
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
they got the guy from Star trek movie to do thor, the one who played Kerk.
You are being trolled, I can tell you that already...

Movie of the year.. the year has just started.. at least wait till Inception BRMMMMHHHHHHH~
Which imo will be movie of the year period.

Saw this movie yesterday, was everything I expected from Marvel, slightly better even I was expecting far worse.
I saw a review before it about a guy who mentioned the conversations between Tony and Pepper being: mhuwhuwhuwhuwhu and Pepper being mimimimimimimimi. Didn't know what he meant by the start of it but later on I got it.

The ending though, I agree was too fast.

Spoiler for because I do not want to ruin anything:

Lastly.. was Daniel Craig going to play Cap America.. I want him to be Cap America D:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 06:45   Link #95
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
You are being trolled, I can tell you that already...

Movie of the year.. the year has just started.. at least wait till Inception BRMMMMHHHHHHH~
Which imo will be movie of the year period.
I saw the trailer for it and it looks promising but at the same time, it looks like one of those trailers that show the best parts of the movie. But you're right though, if we can trust the trailer, it'll be a close call between Dragontrainer and this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Lastly.. was Daniel Craig going to play Cap America.. I want him to be Cap America D:
As much as I hate to admit it, I think he's the best one suited for the role if we only consider famous actors. I'm pretty sure there's an unknown out there who could pull it off just as well.
Old 2010-05-04, 10:49   Link #96
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

meh, they already have the actor for Thor chosen, some guy named Chris Hemsworth whose name doesn't ring any bells for me. then again, I boggled at Kenneth Branagh directing it, too LOL

but that'll have its own forum thread soon enough

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 10:52   Link #97
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
As much as I hate to admit it, I think he's the best one suited for the role if we only consider famous actors. I'm pretty sure there's an unknown out there who could pull it off just as well.
Some guy named Chris Evans is slated to plat the Capn', looking into it, he's the guy who played the torch in the fantastic 4 movies, so I go bleh right there....

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 11:12   Link #98
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
Some guy named Chris Evans is slated to plat the Capn', looking into it, he's the guy who played the torch in the fantastic 4 movies, so I go bleh right there....
...wat
WAT

That guy was a perfect fir for Torch, but Captain America???? That doesn't make any sense!!!! They should have someone more rugged and battle-worn for that part, not a bishounen actor! And Kenneth Brannagh directing it? That's it. We're doomed!
Old 2010-05-04, 12:59   Link #99
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
...wat
WAT
What?

Quote:
That's it. We're doomed!
Remain calm and remain seated, please! We aren't entirely screwed. We may get a good movie. We may not.

Talking about actors, shouldn't there be a thread for Prince of Persia, too? Yup -- they are going to bastardize my favorite platform game. X/

?_? maybe they should have Thor as a girl? Thorina?
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 13:25   Link #100
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
...wat
WAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
What?
I have to state that this was hilarious

Quote:
?_? maybe they should have Thor as a girl? Thorina?
Nah, mjolinir has always been carried around by buff blond dudes, casually with long hair too...you DON'T want to see a buff sledgehammer-wielding girl, now do you?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote