AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-25, 05:28   Link #21
jordanlim4

Does power rangers consider as 1 of the "animation"? if it does, all power rangers mechas rocks.. However!!.. I love Gundam X the mecha
Old 2004-07-25, 17:22   Link #22
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
If I remember correctly, it wasn't Gunbuster that took out the core, it was a black hole doomsday device made of of Jupiter. Though Gunbuster did end up triggering the device in the end.
Yeah technically its not actually part of the Gunbuster Mech, but they did call the Gravity bomb "Buster Machine 3" (As it used the same technology I guess). Hence the "Cheat mode" :P
Old 2004-07-25, 21:16   Link #23
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWarriorAelse
Well let's add this:

if a battle broke out between every Mecha from every anime/manga which would be left standing??????
First of all - favourite of all time - GaoGaiGar, followed by God Gundam, and then maybe Knight of Gold.

And then... left standing - hard to say. It would be a super robot for sure. Going by height, and I really need more experience on this, Gunbuster is about the biggest mecha I know of. Or maybe it's Unicron? If that means victory or not, who knows.

Some people say Turn A or Turn X... eh, there are plenty of apocalyptic mecha out there. I'd like to say GaoGaiGar, but that's the fanboy in me.

Honestly I'd not be able to say. It really depends on who the writers would want to win, and it would be destroyed in the end too, anyway
Old 2004-07-26, 10:23   Link #24
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
Tomino Yoshiyuki and Okawara Kunio designed Ideon to be the the doomsday Mecha, and as far as raw destructive power goes there isn't much that comes close.

However, there is more to a mecha than simply how much it can blow up.

Take the Grand Master Gundam, for example. It takes nearly the entire shuffle aliance to take it down, but know one likes it because it's ugly.

So it's pointless to argue that a mecha is good simply because it destroys the universe in it's OVA.
Old 2004-07-26, 15:33   Link #25
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
How about Gunbuster - Buster Machine 3?
That took out the entire Galactic Core!!!!!!!!!! [/Cheat mode off]
Ideon destroyed the entire universe... now let's see something top that off

Buster Machine 3 is not so much as a mech but more of a bomb. But I guess even the other buster machines are quite overpowered... destroying thousands of alien ships in one shot... though I'd say Shin Dragon is quite overpowered too...

Wing Zero looks like toddler in comparison...

but putting real robots against super robots is really unfair isn't it?
Old 2004-07-26, 19:47   Link #26
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Wing Zero looks like toddler in comparison...
Tee hee... only thing Wing mecha have going for them is the PC Field!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
but putting real robots against super robots is really unfair isn't it?
hehe... Patlabor vs. Grandizer, anyone?
Old 2004-07-26, 19:56   Link #27
Invoker
Cast In The Name Of God

Send a message via AIM to Invoker
Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Bomb
Has anyone here seen Bambi vs. Godzilla?
Old 2004-07-29, 09:10   Link #28
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
eh? that'll probably end in less than a minute @.@;

anyways, if you want to say something like this mecha can beat this and that mecha can beat that...it'll never end <.<;;;

as for who's my favorite...it's Grendizer, it has always been my favorite and it'll always will be =)

but I like lots of other mecha too, hell in SRW it takes me along time too choose what mechs I want to take in each stage...if I could I'd sortie all of em!!! xD
Old 2004-07-29, 15:05   Link #29
spedz_fx
Begin Activation!

Send a message via MSN to spedz_fx
Talking mechs eh?

well i do like the Atlas from mech commander and the mad cat and the catapult and errrm the raven (coz they did (at the time at least did) look good, but for organic ones well its eva 02 coz it go bezerk when the piloit sinji was (and quite often lost conciouseness (part from the dummy plug which is a different matter altoghether, tjhis would be good feature in every mech) and the mass produced eva's (i think its 6 to 12) as they are quantity and quality (Y) Oh btw if i DID get my fact wrong (inwich i undoubtly have done) please correct me but no mean comments please?? thanks ^^
Old 2004-10-02, 22:51   Link #30
MechWarriorAelse
combat soldier

Send a message via AIM to MechWarriorAelse Send a message via MSN to MechWarriorAelse
i just finished watching the FMP mission 3 disc and with that new knowledge i would have to say Behemoth or Arbalest would win an all out war between every Mech because of the Lambda Driver capability.
Old 2004-10-05, 22:27   Link #31
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWarriorAelse
i just finished watching the FMP mission 3 disc and with that new knowledge i would have to say Behemoth or Arbalest would win an all out war between every Mech because of the Lambda Driver capability.
Man, you CAN'T compare super robots... not ever, not really.

With essentially magical powers, how do you really say which is stronger than another? Have we seen the entire extent of a certain robot's abilities? What about the pilots? They certainly play some part in the success (or lack thereof) of the robots they pilot. Don't go by Super Robot Wars, they're neccisarily somewhat balanced out to make a game that works.

Turn A(X? Haven't seen it yet) - Moonlight Butterfly
Ideon - whatever it's ultimate thing is called.
GGGG - Goldion Crusher
Gundam Wing (any) - Gundanium/magic pilots and PC Field
Macross - Macross Cannon

Shin Getta Robo, Unicron, Mazinkaiser, etc etc... It turns into DBZ. Now, with Real robots, you can kind of compare stats and such, at least. When there's no magic involved, you can make quantitative comparisons based on stated numbers and decide, pilots being equal, which would come out on top in a fight.

Back to Pilots... how do you decide which is better, outside of show footage? "Kou sucks" "Shinji is so whiny"... What if Superman piloted the Wing Zero Custom? :P

I dunno, I don't think anyone CAN. Aside from vague notions, all I think you can really state is your favourites
Old 2004-10-08, 20:44   Link #32
MechWarriorAelse
combat soldier

Send a message via AIM to MechWarriorAelse Send a message via MSN to MechWarriorAelse
Quote:
Shin Getta Robo, Unicron, Mazinkaiser, etc etc... It turns into DBZ. Now, with Real robots, you can kind of compare stats and such, at least. When there's no magic involved, you can make quantitative comparisons based on stated numbers and decide, pilots being equal, which would come out on top in a fight.
well u really cant even go by stats it really all depends on the pilots battle strategy and if he/she is able to act upon that plan.
Old 2004-10-09, 08:44   Link #33
Misha~su
~Tee hee hee~

My favourite mech would have to be the evangelions especially Asuka's
I think they'd put up a pretty good fight.
Old 2004-10-09, 13:31   Link #34
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha~su
My favourite mech would have to be the evangelions especially Asuka's
I think they'd put up a pretty good fight.
If you're going with the Evangelions, it has to be Unit 01 with functioning N² engine going berserk.
Old 2004-10-09, 13:53   Link #35
7thMethuselah

Now that Bakuretsu Tenshi ended I must say that show had quite a few kickass mechs in it, especially the dual winged Jango was impressive, too bad he didn't have a sword , the dagger looked kinda silly
Old 2004-10-10, 08:04   Link #36
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Mechs ?

Technically all the Gunslinger Girls can be counted as mecha.

You don't get mechs as cute as them.
Old 2004-10-10, 08:28   Link #37
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Mechs ?

Technically all the Gunslinger Girls can be counted as mecha.

You don't get mechs as cute as them.
Cyborgs and androids and such don't realy count, in the usual defenition of mecha. It usually implies bigness and a need for pilots or such... technology-lookig roboticness.

Otherwise we could count amputees with artificial limbs as mecha too >.>
Old 2004-10-10, 08:45   Link #38
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

OK.

Neo Granzon.
Best of Real Robot mix with arcane magic to create a mech that's beyond real and super.
Old 2004-10-12, 08:22   Link #39
Misha~su
~Tee hee hee~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
If you're going with the Evangelions, it has to be Unit 01 with functioning N² engine going berserk.
Yes I considered that, an eva with a fully functioning engine with the added bonus of going berserk is definitely a good idea... but red is so much more my colour
Old 2004-10-12, 08:55   Link #40
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misha~su
Yes I considered that, an eva with a fully functioning engine with the added bonus of going berserk is definitely a good idea... but red is so much more my colour
/me imagines a blood soaked (red) Evangelion Unit 01...

You're right! It does look better. ^^

Closed Thread