AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-04-20, 17:38   Link #8021
AnimeFangirl

Spoiler for Chapter 317:
Old 2011-04-20, 17:46   Link #8022
madmac

I can't complain about 317 for no other reason then because it has Fumi in half of it. I was starting to wonder if she was ever going to get a real appearance again.

Wataru has matured quite a bit over the last year or so of the manga. He's just a side character but you know all this development is leading up to him playing a large role in the main storyline at some point.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 19:33   Link #8023
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 317:
Because everyone knows how unfortunate Hayate is.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 01:44   Link #8024
Used Can

Just skimmed through 318.

It was another super-meh chapter.
Old 2011-04-27, 04:18   Link #8025
AnimeFangirl

Dunno about you, but Creepy Armageddon made me titter helplessly. I knew it would be something like that, but I still lol'ed.

I hope Wataru and Saki don't show up again for a while, though.
Old 2011-04-27, 11:02   Link #8026
madmac

It wasn't a very funny chapter aside from the Fumi/Tama/Evil Dog bits, but holy crap plot movement. I figured this was leading somewhere but I didn't think Wataru's mini-harem was going to get resolved just like that.

Dropping out of High School too...I can see the logic of it, but that's a surprising move for a shonen series.

Quote:
I hope Wataru and Saki don't show up again for a while, though.
Probably not for a good while unless his new business overlaps with Nagi's doujinshi ambitions, which it probably will. At least if they do show up again it should be more laughs and less plot grinding, since his character development cycle is almost complete now.
Old 2011-04-27, 11:54   Link #8027
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I dunno but Wataru is actually a really cool character, I really like him a lot. With that said can we please reach those color pages from a while back already?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 12:22   Link #8028
Shadow5YA

Armegeddon had me rolling.
Old 2011-04-27, 13:24   Link #8029
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I dunno but Wataru is actually a really cool character, I really like him a lot. With that said can we please reach those color pages from a while back already?
well at least someone relationship is moving forward.
Old 2011-04-27, 16:40   Link #8030
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So Wataru decided to give up on Isumi? I'm a bit bummed about that. Even though he had less chemistry with her than with Saki or Sakuya. Don't know why.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 16:43   Link #8031
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I like 318, if purely because of the Tama and Armageddon scene.

Wataru's lines were pretty cool, too : )
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 16:46   Link #8032
madmac

Quote:
So Wataru decided to give up on Isumi? I'm a bit bummed about that. Even though he had less chemistry with her than with Saki or Sakuya. Don't know why.
I'm slightly bummed too, I think because I like Isumi the best out of the three even though they were never really even sort of a couple and it was becoming increasingly obvious he was going to go with Saki anyway. At least Isumi got to be pretty cool at the end of it all. Then again, I don't think she ever cared much to begin with.

I could see Sakuya ending up with Machina somehow but I don't think there's anyone for Isumi, sadly. Oh well...

(Wataru was still pretty cool this chapter and I don't have a problem with him being with Saki*. Just saying.)

*Well, ok. The age difference does bother me a little, but I don't think we'll ever see Wataru old enough to see it get really weird.

Last edited by madmac; 2011-04-27 at 17:16.
Old 2011-04-27, 16:52   Link #8033
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hayate will build a harem, and Isumi will be part of it! It's the only way!
Old 2011-04-27, 20:21   Link #8034
Shadow5YA

Honestly, there hasn't been much romance with Isumi anyway. Sakuya and Saki and have had more interactions with Wataru than Isumi.

Isumi used to be one of Hayate's harem at the very beginning, but now her affection for him is less apparent and she's mostly played as the eccentric lone wolf.
Old 2011-04-27, 20:29   Link #8035
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

no no no no Sakuya x Wataru was my OTP!! She cant go down yet!
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 20:35   Link #8036
madmac

Quote:
Honestly, there hasn't been much romance with Isumi anyway. Sakuya and Saki and have had more interactions with Wataru than Isumi.

Isumi used to be one of Hayate's harem at the very beginning, but now her affection for him is less apparent and she's mostly played as the eccentric lone wolf.
This is completely true of course, which is why I don't predict any romance in Isumi's future either. I just had a bit of residual fondness for the pairing from the beginning of the manga is all.

Honestly, I don't expect romance for most of the cast if only because of the huge disparity in the number of Male/Female characters. Still, Hata did say this week that many characters would undergo changes over the summer, so I'm curious to see who else he's willing to pair off in the near future. (Or what other changes he has in mind for them.)
Old 2011-04-27, 20:55   Link #8037
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Honestly, there hasn't been much romance with Isumi anyway.
She's never looked at him in any kind of romantic light. But he liked her. I'm a bit disappointed he gave up like that.
Old 2011-04-27, 22:28   Link #8038
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She's never looked at him in any kind of romantic light. But he liked her. I'm a bit disappointed he gave up like that.
Wataru officially gave up with the current chapter. However, he stopped trying for quite a while now. There are more chapters dealing with his friendship with Sakuya and misadventures with Saki than his love triangle with Hayate and Isumi.

Which brings me to my next point. Even Isumi hasn't had a romantic interest lately. While she did like Hayate in the early chapters, her current role as the eccentric exorcist leaves her as a one-man act. The love triangle between Wataru, Isumi, and Hayate broke down a long time ago.

Anyway, the more important issue isn't Wataru's love interest, but that he also has one of the (cursed) jewels that makes him a candidate for the Sazenin inheritance. He'll be at odds with Nagi again in the future on less comedic grounds.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2011-04-28 at 06:21.
Old 2011-04-27, 22:37   Link #8039
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

Anyway, the more important issue isn't Wataru's love interest, but that he also has one of the (cursed) jewels that makes him a candidate for the Sazenin inheritance. He'll be at odds with Nagi again in the future on less comedic grounds.
a duel with Hayate for the Rose Bride behind the school?
Old 2011-04-28, 00:10   Link #8040
madmac

Quote:
That's an interesting thought. Neither of them are currently interested in the inheritance, though. I pretty much expect him to get involved in the dojinshi arc, however. It wasn't a coincidence that he showed up at the first con.

To be honest, I'm not sure what Hata is building up to at the moment. He keeps jumping between characters to build them all up towards something, but hell if I know what the end result is going to be.

I'm guessing though that the major players for the summer arc, or dojinshi arc or whatever you want to call it will be Nagi, Hayate, Maria (She'll be around at least) Luca, Ayumu, Yozora, Chiharu, Wataru, Kaoru-sensei, Yukiji, Ashibashi-sensei, and maybe that Azu twerp, because they're the characters who seem to be getting story development at the moment. I also expect Kotetsu will keep showing up uninvited, because he's been doing it an awfully lot lately and there's no reason to stop now.

Alice is a question mark, because it's not clear if Hata tossed her in now so he can use her eventually or if he actually has any short term plans for her. Sakuya and Isumi have been almost completely left out, and really they don't have any loose ends that need to be tied up or anything. Hina has had almost no plot involvement other then steady reminders that YES she still has a crush on Hayate and is grumpy about it. Maybe it'll finally go somewhere as part of the changes Hata has been going on about, but I doubt it.

There's that Maizumi guy as well, but meh, I'm not going to speculate about him until he actually does something. You also have Athena's warning to Hayate, but ehhhh... I dunno if that's going to come up again anytime soon enough to be worried about.

Tags
comedy, shounen