AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-22, 04:32   Link #14841
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
In addition, with her Deep Blood she can pinpoint the blood flow of any person with perfect accuracy. This makes her a valuable Esper Medic for the Kamijou faction. The Magic Medics of the Kamijou Faction are the Amakusas, most notably Itsuwa.
This is completely new to me Was this from volume 2?
Old 2011-11-22, 04:49   Link #14842
judasmartel
*Author

It's foreshadowed in the anime.
Old 2011-11-22, 04:52   Link #14843
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
It's foreshadowed in the anime.
Could you specific ?
Old 2011-11-22, 06:05   Link #14844
Eratas123

@Chaos2Frozen - He probay means the fact that she treated that student that Aerolus used when she got injured. Remember the girl that attacked Touma and lost a lot of blood? You'd need a lot of experience to cure her and Himegami does it with no problem. Touma even wondered if she was a miracle surgeon.
Old 2011-11-22, 06:38   Link #14845
leukrota

That part is also in the novels... But rather than a "power to read the blood flow", I believe it points more toward Himegami having a lot of experience with injuries... She does suggest later that the people at the cram school confined her in secret rooms to do... something to her... completely open to interpretation, but I think experiments to study her make the most sense.
Old 2011-11-22, 11:08   Link #14846
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
That part is also in the novels... But rather than a "power to read the blood flow", I believe it points more toward Himegami having a lot of experience with injuries... She does suggest later that the people at the cram school confined her in secret rooms to do... something to her... completely open to interpretation, but I think experiments to study her make the most sense.
Even if there it was experiments there, she would be on the wrong end of the deal and not in the end that learns something. If the "Cult of Science" is actually as "cult" as it sounds, as it's in accord to the name, then they treated her like a holy priest or a goddess or something (which is also suggested by her clothes), that meant that she spent all of her time sitting in hidden rooms having guys around praying to her. For her status, think of something like Umi no Misaki, but like an evil version (the difference is that in that series, the maidens technically can't leave the Island instead of a building).

It's funny how that "religious hailing" like treatment would the stark contrast of what she gets now.

About her ability, the original argument at that point, when Himegami was treating the injured girl; was that Touma was arguing that there it was no way for Himegami to check a patient that accurately without using paramedic equipment; from the reader's perspective that pretty much just rules out using gut feeling in that sense, and is just berter to assume that the line of "I can know more than regular people about blood" to be true because of her ability.

It's like the Accelerator, he can move Vectors because he has the ability to do so, not because he is great at math (duh!)
Old 2011-11-22, 12:15   Link #14847
judasmartel
*Author

Hm. Even if all Accel has to do is "change the positive sign to negative" there is still number-crunching involved. I think his AIM Field helps him a lot in calculating necessary things to reflect vectors, because after all, vectors have MAGNITUDE and DIRECTION. Emphasis on MAGNITUDE.

In contrast, I think somebody has posted a theory at TVTropes about the reason behind Kakine being the #2 Esper. It's not because Vector Redirection is more powerful, but rather, because Dark Matter has a much greater mental baggage than Redirection.
Old 2011-11-22, 12:19   Link #14848
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Even if there it was experiments there, she would be on the wrong end of the deal and not in the end that learns something. If the "Cult of Science" is actually as "cult" as it sounds, as it's in accord to the name, then they treated her like a holy priest or a goddess or something (which is also suggested by her clothes), that meant that she spent all of her time sitting in hidden rooms having guys around praying to her. For her status, think of something like Umi no Misaki, but like an evil version (the difference is that in that series, the maidens technically can't leave the Island instead of a building).

It's funny how that "religious hailing" like treatment would the stark contrast of what she gets now.

About her ability, the original argument at that point, when Himegami was treating the injured girl; was that Touma was arguing that there it was no way for Himegami to check a patient that accurately without using paramedic equipment; from the reader's perspective that pretty much just rules out using gut feeling in that sense, and is just berter to assume that the line of "I can know more than regular people about blood" to be true because of her ability.

It's like the Accelerator, he can move Vectors because he has the ability to do so, not because he is great at math (duh!)
Even in the wrong end she can learn something if it's her own body, and I doubt the treatment she got was that for a "holy priest" ... she did say this to Touma:
"Do you really want to know how I was treated here? Do you want to know why are there so many secret rooms here? I don't think you can handle the truth."

From all that is suggested, her treatment at Misawa Cram School wasn't very pleasant, until Aureolus took over.

About the injured girl, it might be that Himegami was using a special ability, but personally, I'm not that convinced. Touma's perspective is not absolute, especially since he himself doesn't know much about medicine, and the girls' injures were simple (though in a great number.) Also, Himegami tended to her with very mundane, but realistic methods. I wouldn't compare this to Accelerator's abilities.

"I'm more informed about the flow of blood than others" does sound mystic, but she spouts a lot of other stuff (like calling a police baton a magic wand, not long after this.) So maybe there's more to her words, or maybe not...

That aside, if it turns out that she does have indeed such ability it could be an indication of dual skill as I can't see how sensing blood flow and having a passive ability that kills vampires (maybe poisonous blood) could be related.
Old 2011-11-22, 15:45   Link #14849
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
That aside, if it turns out that she does have indeed such ability it could be an indication of dual skill as I can't see how sensing blood flow and having a passive ability that kills vampires (maybe poisonous blood) could be related.
She is a gemstone, isn't she?
Old 2011-11-22, 16:25   Link #14850
Ashaman

New theory.

Gemstones have a more abstract power thread than most.

For example, while an AC ESPer can manipulate concrete, the GMSTN equivilent would be able to maniulate rock of all forms.

For example, if we go by the idea that Aisa has some power over blood, it would sort of explain her vampire killer ability (an instinctive defensive reaction) and that she could save others lives.

The same with Gunha. His power is very abstract, and he uses much of it without conscious thought, which is why he doesn't know what the fck he's doing even as he does it.

EDIT: Well, despite the above idea, I agree with C2F that its prob just first aid skills Himegami learned.

Last edited by Ashaman; 2011-11-22 at 16:45.
Old 2011-11-22, 16:27   Link #14851
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Don't be so quick to jump to dual skills, they're both blood related after all.

Anyway it wouldn't be the first time Kamachi played the 'super-normal' skill card, like how Seria could hypnotized people with her words, so I believe it's a skill than a power for Himegami.
Old 2011-11-22, 18:28   Link #14852
leukrota

Crack theory: Himegami's ability is blood regeneration.

Suppose that she keeps producing high quality blood as soon as it gets depleted, a vampire that finds her blood irresistible could eat till exploding

Also supporting this theory is an illustration from volume 10 where Komoe is trying to use magic to restore Himegami... there's gotta be about twice the amount of blood a normal person has, splattered all over the place ... and don't forget that Himegami survived that. ...
Old 2011-11-23, 00:39   Link #14853
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Crack theory: Himegami's ability is blood regeneration.

Suppose that she keeps producing high quality blood as soon as it gets depleted, a vampire that finds her blood irresistible could eat till exploding

Also supporting this theory is an illustration from volume 10 where Komoe is trying to use magic to restore Himegami... there's gotta be about twice the amount of blood a normal person has, splattered all over the place ... and don't forget that Himegami survived that. ...
I think Komoe was helped by that Fire Mage (what was his name again?).
Old 2011-11-23, 05:23   Link #14854
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
I think Komoe was helped by that Fire Mage (what was his name again?).
Stiyl Magnus. Also, the same spell was used to heal Index, so there's only a slim chance at best.
Old 2011-11-23, 07:26   Link #14855
mark1246

OMG people all this talk about vampire and KNOW I REALLY WANT TO SEE A VAMPIRE IN THE NOVEL NOW UGH IT KILLING ME

But if we do, any one want the vampire to be good or evil? Got it already in my head
Old 2011-11-23, 07:34   Link #14856
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
OMG people all this talk about vampire and KNOW I REALLY WANT TO SEE A VAMPIRE IN THE NOVEL NOW UGH IT KILLING ME

But if we do, any one want the vampire to be good or evil? Got it already in my head
I want them to sparkle like diamonds.

Kamachi seems to be in the right trollish mindset for that to definitely happen
Old 2011-11-23, 07:36   Link #14857
Eratas123

@ mark1426 and Chaos2Frozen - It'd probably be:

1. A girl.

2. Someone who'll fall for Touma too.

Come on, you know we need a monster class girl to fall for our hero.
Old 2011-11-23, 07:42   Link #14858
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ mark1426 and Chaos2Frozen - It'd probably be:

1. A girl.

2. Someone who'll fall for Touma too.

Come on, you know we need a monster class girl to fall for our hero.
I agree with you, but there missing the formula too, We need a Villain same to our hero age guy in!(accelerator does not count because he good now ) here the thing, the male villain are good but old & Adults and i have yet to see a teenager That SUPER i repeat SUPER POWERFUL like he the head of a Evil Organization and really strong and not to mention cool

We need those guys!
Old 2011-11-23, 07:56   Link #14859
Eratas123

@ mark1246 - Doesn't matter what their age is, they're still getting hit with the Touma Pawnch!
Old 2011-11-23, 11:41   Link #14860
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiamma of the Right
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
I have yet to see a teenager That SUPER i repeat SUPER POWERFUL like he the head of a Evil Organization and really strong and not to mention cool
Feel honoured, meatbag, you shall feel the joy of seeing this glorious me for Toaru Majutsuno no Index third season.
Some mod deleted his original post .
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen