AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-07-28, 18:58   Link #2381
AznAndy94
The Unknown Artist

Send a message via MSN to AznAndy94 Send a message via Yahoo to AznAndy94
Quote:
Originally Posted by S332666460 View Post
did you plug the amp in or the guitar itself?
I would like to know about how to do it before i get the bass back so i can get right to recording ASAP, thx
I have an (old) HD camcorder and use its built in microphone. It auto-adjusts the sensitivity so all I do is crank my amp really loud to drown out my strumming and play a few notes before playing the cover.
AznAndy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 10:00   Link #2382
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Send a message via MSN to BigSmokeDawg
I take the Headphone out of my Amp and run it into the mic jack on the front of my PC then into Reaper to record. Make sure you keep your volume on the amp low and then adjust it as you need to.

When are you getting the bass back? I've got both Guitars and the Keyboard ready, so we're just waitng on Drums and Bass.
Old 2012-07-30, 10:43   Link #2383
chubi23

BTW... here's my cover of Houkago Tea Time from waaay back... Youtube blocks it whenever I upload it there D:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=277737662237642
Old 2012-07-30, 22:27   Link #2384
S332666460

I am getting the bass back this week or the beginning of next week. so i can probably have the track ready by mid-August.
P.S. I am really sorry for the wait but thank you for waiting
S332666460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 05:57   Link #2385
freshoutofthepan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmokeDawg View Post
When are you getting the bass back? I've got both Guitars and the Keyboard ready, so we're just waitng on Drums and Bass.
Hey, is it possible for you to send me a mix, just the audio, of the guitars and keyboard? I wanna hear how it sounds like so far : D
freshoutofthepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 07:08   Link #2386
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshoutofthepan View Post
Hey, is it possible for you to send me a mix, just the audio, of the guitars and keyboard? I wanna hear how it sounds like so far : D
It'll sound weird as hell without the drums haha. I'm going to redo my guitar part as well. I might throw something together when I get around to it
Old 2012-08-03, 15:25   Link #2387
S332666460

Finally got my bass back!!!!! I'm gonna work on this song like crazy!! XD
I should be good to go by mid-August like I planned!
Thanks again for waiting
Old 2012-08-03, 19:24   Link #2388
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Awesome! PM me any samples/recordings/questions

After this we're just waiting on the drums and also my guitar part. I've yet to get a take I'm happy with. I'm going to wait for everyone else's stuff before I redo it I think, so I can get my tone all down properly so it fits in with everything.

This is finally coming together at last, and it's going to be awesome lol. Andy's guitar sounds great, the keyboard is fantastic and we even have a clean vocal track to make the cover complete. I can't wait to edit and mix all this!

Side note - another song I made up. Kind of inspired by K-On and rock stuff in general: http://soundcloud.com/bsmoked/song-3
Old 2012-08-03, 21:46   Link #2389
McDoogle

So guys, I've skimmed the thread but couldn't find anything comprehensive on effects pedals. Could someone put together a guide for what pedals/effects to use for what song? That would be incredibly helpful.
McDoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 22:32   Link #2390
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDoogle View Post
So guys, I've skimmed the thread but couldn't find anything comprehensive on effects pedals. Could someone put together a guide for what pedals/effects to use for what song? That would be incredibly helpful.
Probably better to ask your question in the musical instruments thread...
Old 2012-08-04, 00:07   Link #2391
trenton_dawn
Silt

I dunno, it depends. Most song cover-related discussion goes here so if he's asking because he's trying to cover something I could see it fitting here.

It would be helpful if you could give a lsong or list of songs that you're interested in, then we can give you some general tips and you can fine-tune the rest.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 05:12   Link #2392
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Most of the songs don't even use effects. The only ones I can think of are a wah pedal and a bit of reverb for solos.
Old 2012-08-04, 08:24   Link #2393
Night_Music
The End of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by inst View Post
Sky high!

Hai. I hail from the forums of the ultimate-guitar persuasion (and a few others, too) though I don't visit UG anymore.
I'm not sure exactly why I signed up here, but i've been lurking this thread for a few months, so I guess I just felt like I should :3

I only signed up for this thread, which I will likely only post in a few times.
I recently started playing bass (I say recently but it was actually at the start of May, I just procrastinate a ton so it feels like I only recently started.)
All I can play right now is Tenshi ni Fureta yo, Watashi no Koi wa Hotchkiss, and i'm just finishing up Fude Pen.

Also, good luck on your group cover, and I can't wait to hear it.
Hiya... Yeah I was a member of the UG forums, but I didn't like the reception of some jerks there and the way they treat newbies like me. Feel free to ask these guys anything. They're cool.

As for effects, I typically just add overdrive on such songs like Gohan Wa Okazu and U&I. And a bit more distortion for a more "rock" tone on songs like Don't Say Lazy, No, Thank You, Cagayake Girls and Honey Sweet Teatime. These are, for me, the 2 distinct sounds present in K-On songs.

Last edited by Night_Music; 2012-08-04 at 23:01. Reason: correcting some spelling
Night_Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 21:04   Link #2394
trenton_dawn
Silt

Singing! and Samidare 20 Love have a tiny amount of tremolo in them, it's marked on the score where it happens. Cagayake GIRLS has delay, if you count that song. If you also count character songs then Drumming Shining My Life has a pitch shifter, but then again on character songs there's a lot of different effects, especially in the more synthy pieces like Hello Little Girl.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 11:05   Link #2395
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

I wouldn't bother buying pedals just for single songs though. If you're covering it, record the part dry with no effects and then add them in Reaper later (Reaper is free) I do this because my amp just have reverb, so if I want any little effects I just add them later.

Speaking of pedals, I just grabbed a Behringer TU300 tuner for £10 (aka nothing) on eBay! get in haha

Last edited by BigSmokeDawg; 2012-08-05 at 20:05.
BigSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 07:55   Link #2396
blackflyerzee

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has Tenshi ni Fureta Yo Bass tab? because I can't find any T.T
blackflyerzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 11:35   Link #2397
BigSmokeDawg
I play guitar and stuff

Yup, Bass is on this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2o7da175d44j4r0
Old 2012-08-06, 17:40   Link #2398
S332666460

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrIKYbxBD0M
For the Band
and anyone else who has feedback XD
dont worry not done and i will make it better for the final video
but this is a preview
Old 2012-08-06, 18:12   Link #2399
Blossom550

i finally learned Pure Pure Heart (Come with Me ver) on guitar though mostly Azusa's part & the Aki solo
Blossom550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 18:37   Link #2400
Night_Music
The End of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom550 View Post
i finally learned Pure Pure Heart (Come with Me ver) on guitar though mostly Azusa's part & the Aki solo
That's really cool. The version in the "Come with Me" concert seems simple enough for me to learn as well.
Night_Music is offline   Reply With Quote