AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-04-24, 05:52   Link #101
EmagEvil

Wow! A sentai topic!

No ones mentionned the crossover between Goseigers & Goukaiger?! With a battle of 199 heroes! And at the final battle all the robots are presents too?!

And later the crossover between Goukaiger(wow such popularity!) and the Space Sheriff Gavan! Gavan was hyper popular in France in the 80th! And he was named X-OR(how nostalgic)!

... And it's not over, recently it was aired in Japan on movie a crossover between Super Sentai... And Kamen Riders! Wohoo!!!
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 08:01   Link #102
ranran
daydreaming 24/7
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
Wow! A sentai topic!

No ones mentionned the crossover between Goseigers & Goukaiger?! With a battle of 199 heroes! And at the final battle all the robots are presents too?!

And later the crossover between Goukaiger(wow such popularity!) and the Space Sheriff Gavan! Gavan was hyper popular in France in the 80th! And he was named X-OR(how nostalgic)!

... And it's not over, recently it was aired in Japan on movie a crossover between Super Sentai... And Kamen Riders! Wohoo!!!
I think Gokaiger is the Sentai king of crossovers xD

And super sentai Xover with Kamen Rider = Super Orgasms! lol
Old 2012-04-24, 09:18   Link #103
EmagEvil

There were another crossover in the past between Kamen Rider & Ultraman, but the infos is lacking...

This one was aired on april 21(?) and might be the ultimate crossover! *Whining*

... BTW, the Akibarangers are funny too, of course it's not for children... A least a sentai for otakus! XD
Old 2012-04-27, 00:16   Link #104
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I've seen Akibarangers already. Pretty hilarious.

Although I've heard one of them in-universe has a day job as an office lady, which would be Akiba Yellow. Don't remember if that's mentioned in the show or only in info provided by the production crew.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 13:41   Link #105
justsomeguy

Akibaranger review:

The good:
* One of the best sentai OPs ever, completely capturing the essence of the show.
* This is a show that gets away with making fun of its own audience.
* Likable misfit characters: Akagi the middle-aged otaku trying to hide his hobby from his crush, Yumeria the fujoshi office lady who cosplays, Mitsuki the serious schoolgirl who's actually a closet otaku, and Hiroyo who actually doesn't know what she's doing.
* There's actually enough plot here for the typical 4-cour sentai series. It just doesn't have the typical trope-filled fillers (which were being lampshaded anyway).
* A awesome mech battle in episode 7.
* Kenji Kawai's soundtrack, which managed to simultaneously be epic, cheesy, and funny.
* Nijiyome Gakuen Z-Cune Aoi really needs to have a real anime. After all, we already got a premise, character designs, and even a theme song.

The bad:
* Dammit, it's over!
* It seems like this show might have cannibalized some budget from Go-Busters.

9.5/10. Unexpectedly, the single best show of Spring 2012. The only bad thing is that it ended. 2nd season, please!

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 22:57   Link #106
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I need to catch up with Go-Busters.

Funny that Saban's doing catch up with Goseiger and IIRC/From what I heard, Gokaiger will be adapted into two seasons.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2013-01-11, 17:41   Link #107
ShiroiRyu

Good new or fucking awesome new ?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ets-2nd-season
Old 2013-01-15, 07:30   Link #108
EmagEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
WOOOOOOOOOO!!! *Imitation of a warrior cry, more like Tamase Miki's one *
Old 2013-02-08, 21:19   Link #109
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Nijiyome Gakuen Z-Cune Aoi OVA was the one that got me watching Akibaranger.

Just finished the damn episodes. MAN IT WAS AWESOME! Finally something different from the Power Ranger and other Sentai's

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-02-12, 02:02   Link #110
justsomeguy

Go-Busters review: "The Good, the Bad, and the Different"

* Excellent fight scenes. The differing style (escrima?) emphasizes skill over flashiness and hot blood. All of the victories are achieved by planning and execution, not by raging and hoping for the best. Even the finale was brought about by analyzing the regenerating villain for a weakness, with the logical solution fitting everything the show had presented.

* There are no miracles in this show. Everybody who got send to Hyperspace before the story began dies, permanently, sacrificed by the Go-Busters themselves in order to defeat Vagras. This is a show where there are no "other ways" pulled out of the ass in the nick of time.

* Some of the early fights are very short, and there was barely any time to appreciate the monster suit designs. Gunroid comes to mind as deserving better.

* Some of the best mecha battles in sentai. Go-Buster Ace is a thing of beauty, and the mechas are all used individually quite often. They're also all treated like the machines they are, with large hangars and maintenance staff.

* Unfortunately, Go-BusterOh had some crappy battles in the beginning, literally copy-paste combine and use final attack battles. It's good for emphasizing the mech's mass and relative lack of maneuverability compared to Ace, but doesn't make for exciting battles.

* Enter was a great villain. He spent a lot of time trolling the Go-Busters, doing his own thing, gathering up Enetron, and becoming the BBEG at the end. And the show acknowledges his success (unlike the show that aired 30 minutes earlier, which treats its villain trio as failures even though they successfully gather up 1/12 of the energy they needed every episode, and completed the task twice!). His motivation at the end to become the ultimate human being, and having full understanding of sentai tropes like drawing strength from emotions was unique among villains.

* Escape was really underdeveloped. Her character was loyal to Messiah and liked a challenging fight, but that's all. She never even got a cameo in either OP, and was used like a MOTW in the end. I got the sense that she was in the show fo rthe sole reason of having one more villain.

* Same impression for Li-Oh. Despite being sentient like the Buddyroids, it was used as just one more mecha. The introduction of its forms and combinations were oddly understated. There was also an error where the Li-Oh Blaster was used even while the mech was being piloted. I get the sense that Kobayashi did not like Escape or Li-Oh.

Final score: 9/10. Yes, it's a serious show, and the characters act seriously most of the time. However, the plot and its deviations from typical sentai story structure definitely make the show interesting, and I disagree with all the criticisms of "boring." I can see why the show would not really appeal to kids, though. And I'm stuck wondering where Kobayashi would have taken the show had the executives not demanded a retool halfway through, which pushed the show into more usual territory.

Next week: The exact opposite end of the spectrum. There's dinosaurs. There's samba. But no yellow.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 04:45   Link #111
EmagEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Nijiyome Gakuen Z-Cune Aoi OVA was the one that got me watching Akibaranger.

Just finished the damn episodes. MAN IT WAS AWESOME! Finally something different from the Power Ranger and other Sentai's

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Nice promo, especially because its subbed! Can't wait for this 2nd season!
Old 2013-09-26, 18:45   Link #112
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Looks like the next Sentai's theme is going to be trains:

Toei Files 'Ressha Sentai Tokkyūger' Trademark
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 19:39   Link #113
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

Kamen Rider Den-O's sentai counterpart for the Super Hero Taisen movie?
i know there are train mechas in the previous series before such as Gogo-V, Magiranger, & Go-onger but i wanna see how they will focus that as a theme
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 22:45   Link #114
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Weird...We gonna have fruit samurai and locomotive sentai next?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 20:48   Link #115
Gaim
Kamen Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

Sounds pretty interesting. I wonder if they'll have animal elements or be purely vehicles.
Gaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 02:41   Link #116
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

From ANN: 2014 Super Sentai Show Tokkyūger Unveiled

Confirmation of the train theme and air date of February 16, 2014.
Old 2014-07-26, 14:27   Link #117
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Double post!

Shout! Factory Adds Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger Sentai Show

For those that don't remember, Zyuranger was the basis for the original Power Rangers way back when.
Old 2018-09-10, 08:06   Link #118
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Reviving this since Lupinranger vs Patranger is up.

Got access to the OST. Looks like they got the VS Talk tracks in the OST too.

Old 2018-09-13, 06:44   Link #119
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Lupin VS Pat episode 31

i can't believe they reference Beverly Hills Cop and Robocop!!
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-17, 00:33   Link #120
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Ike does have that resemblance to Eddie Murphy when he was in the BHC trilogy.