AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-05, 02:10   Link #1441
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

If you're like me, you're probably spending too much time in Skyrim and missing out on little gems like this on Nirn Earth.

TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 02:23   Link #1442
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
If you're like me, you're probably spending too much time in Skyrim and missing out on little gems like this on Nirn Earth.

That's pretty darn awesome. I wouldn't mind some adventurin' acoustic folk on my explore playlist... also, watching that video made me wish for some kind of bard overhaul... where at nights people gather around the bard in the local mead hall as the wind howls outside and the fire blazes within... and the bards' music is actually good.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 02:51   Link #1443
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
That's pretty darn awesome. I wouldn't mind some adventurin' acoustic folk on my explore playlist... also, watching that video made me wish for some kind of bard overhaul... where at nights people gather around the bard in the local mead hall as the wind howls outside and the fire blazes within... and the bards' music is actually good.
Apparently, a mod for PCs is already floating out there in Aetherius the ether, to replace the in-game bards with this cover. I haven't bothered to search, since I'm playing on PS3 (and don't use the PlayStation Network).

If you enjoyed malufenix's cover as much as I did, don't forget to like her video.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 08:38   Link #1444
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Have you guys tried unsheathing and sheathing? It works for me to calm the guards. They seem to only yield when you sheath. If you are already sheathed, you have to pull out your weapon and sheath in front of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sho-
It's not sneak.
You need 100 on Pickpocket to steal clothes+weapons.

Used it. Almost all guards (girls) at Riften are naked this is funny , they still don't wear anything , i did it on a merchant , some days after she wore her clothes back.
Yes pickpocket is mostly useless but once you can steal clothes, it becomes amazing *__*. Sadly, you can't pickpocket Demora... they wear full daedra..
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 10:18   Link #1445
Aqua Knight

If your bounty is very high - like 1000, then sheathing/unsheathing doesn't work btw
Old 2011-12-05, 10:58   Link #1446
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I don't know about you guys, while my 'default' armor is the Nightingale set, I kind of feel that it just isn't right if I don't fight Alduin in the same suit that the 'canon' Dragonborn was shown wearing... So I made a set for myself! Nyahaha. Come at me, Alduin.

Spoiler for Big Image:

Take note the only reason why the Studded Cuirass is high by comparison is I maxed out my Light Armor tree with perks and whatnot, but I haven't been investing the same way in my Heavy Armor.

Spoiler for Self-made Dragonborn Cosplay... I mean, set for the final battle:

For the curious, to get that kind of damage on the Skyforge Steel sword, my Smithing is 100 base, and I wore 4 pieces of +28% Fortify Smithing gear topped off with the +50% Fortify Smithing Blacksmith Elixir. Oh, and I focused on 1-handed weapons, so the 5/5 Damage perk is a given.

Enchantment is also at 100, but I had to rely on a self-made Fortify Enchant boost via potion (+25% I think), with +25% Enchanter's Elixir.

Spoiler for Reserved for Alduin:

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2011-12-05 at 11:22.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 11:02   Link #1447
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Could go even higher with a Fortify Smithing potion (my alchemy is only around 90 or so, but I can get Smithing +120% out of it).

I have to say though, your character does indeed look suitably epic for such a showdown. I like my daedric, but it really does look just a touch over the top. Might have to re-make (with epic +smithing abuse) the Iron set. If armor caps at 567 then what's the difference? XD
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 11:07   Link #1448
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Did you just put custom names on your gear?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 11:08   Link #1449
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I did say that I liked my Nightingale set, but that's for general adventuring. That self-made set is for the big daddy Alduin himself. It should be glorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Did you just put custom names on your gear?
Yeah, you can change the name of the stuff you're enchanting you know, just hit F before you hit R ahaha.

P.S. I never noticed if you can self-enchant something with Muffle. Might have missed some stuff, or maybe I just haven't destroyed a generic with that Enchant yet...
Old 2011-12-05, 11:14   Link #1450
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
If armor caps at 567 then what's the difference?
So you can take off the torso piece of armor and have an almost-nude fist fight with Alduin, and live to tell the tale...
Old 2011-12-05, 11:17   Link #1451
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

And now why is it that I only learn now that you could rename your stuff...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 11:48   Link #1452
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Spoiler for Skyrim meme images (size warning):
Old 2011-12-05, 13:16   Link #1453
Aqua Knight

Is that a joke,lol?
Old 2011-12-05, 13:34   Link #1454
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
And now why is it that I only learn now that you could rename your stuff...
The annoying thing is that if you want to boost enchantment crafting via a potion, you only got 30 seconds to make it. The problem comes when you want to put two enchantments on the same item; you are so short on time that you can barley give it a new name.

I actually lost a silver ring and a gold amulet because they were taken away by a thieves guild quest bug. The NPC took my enchanted items rather than the default goods because they share the same default name. So name your items! Even if it is just "AAA."
Old 2011-12-05, 13:49   Link #1455
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I think I've been pushing the Smithing scale without breaking the system outright unlike some people. 100 Smithing +112% Fortify Smithing (those 4 aforementioned Fortify Smithing gear) +50% Fortify Smithing from the Blacksmith's Elixir. This is enough to get me stuff like 102-base damage Steel Swords, but nowhere near the 300 base-damage stuff I keep on hearing about in the Net.
Old 2011-12-05, 14:31   Link #1456
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Finally got to my first targeted gear, Saviour hide (which i think its one of the best looking female armors) and for weapons: glass dagger, battleaxe and bow. Now i'm ready for some action XD:

Spoiler for Gear:
Old 2011-12-05, 14:45   Link #1457
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The annoying thing is that if you want to boost enchantment crafting via a potion, you only got 30 seconds to make it.
There are Philters, Draughts and Elixirs that have 60 seconds duration, although understandably they're not a dime a dozen, and it'll take anyone a while to have the Alchemy skill leveled enough to make such things consistently. Still, they are available in game, and 60 seconds enough time to make enchantments and rename your item too.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 15:10   Link #1458
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The annoying thing is that if you want to boost enchantment crafting via a potion, you only got 30 seconds to make it. The problem comes when you want to put two enchantments on the same item; you are so short on time that you can barley give it a new name.
The trick is to choose the Enchantment first before selecting Soul Gems and Items. That way you can get the full effect of potion and can spend as much time as you want for the name.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 15:44   Link #1459
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think I've been pushing the Smithing scale without breaking the system outright unlike some people. 100 Smithing +112% Fortify Smithing (those 4 aforementioned Fortify Smithing gear) +50% Fortify Smithing from the Blacksmith's Elixir. This is enough to get me stuff like 102-base damage Steel Swords, but nowhere near the 300 base-damage stuff I keep on hearing about in the Net.
Yeah :\

I intentionally use Dawnbreaker instead of my 500-600 base damage Daedric Sword for much the same reason. Keeps things challenging. Oh and Dawnbreaker looks awesome and I find the KABOOMs on undead kills to be way too amusing.

Ok so, I play Skyrim on the 360 (for now at least XD) so I don't have the luxury of fancy mods and the like. What's the best looking heavy armor on a male in everyone's opinion?
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 15:51   Link #1460
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
Ok so, I play Skyrim on the 360 (for now at least XD) so I don't have the luxury of fancy mods and the like. What's the best looking heavy armor on a male in everyone's opinion?
Are you talking about the whole set or mixed? I like orcish mixed with daedra (orcish helm)

And equally the banded (?) steel armor, steel plate helm with the steel shield (one with the fancy patterns).

I mostly play female, with no body armor. Just everything else... ( :

Anyone find a good set up for a bow?

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim